The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

Manchester United Line-Up next season

Van Der Sarr

Neville/Rio/Vidic/Heinze

Mascherano £15m

Lennon £13m/Scholes/Giggs

Rooney/Torres(the new baby faced assasin) £25

Other Signings will be:

Kerlon £8m (loaned out)

Muntari £6m (used mainly as a sub for Scholes)

Nolan £5m (most likely in January though)

Young £5m (January or next summer)

Outs:

Ruud £10m (PSV or Bayern)

Ronaldo £22m (Real Madrid)

Silvestre £4m (Lyon or Marseille)

Rossi £loan (Rangers or Pompey)

Milner £2m (Watford)

LOLZ!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did we buy him? The sad thing is about the spurs young english lads. Lennon, Carric, and Robbo Im talking bout. We should have been in for all of them. I think between em they cost the same as Evra. Or 1/5 a rio ferdinand. Although Evra should still be given chance to prove himself, surely a goalie a winger and a centre mid we should have been in the market for at that time. Now were looking at paying 7 times what carrick was about for two year back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

The ruud bit is good though icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought that you might like that icon14.gif

How can he know the situation when he's still in Germany anyway?

"Nobody stood up for me at Manchester, although I did not do anybody any harm."

We didn't need to as you said, you didn't do much nobody cares.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

James might be a dad but he's a clumsy fecker icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do you come to that conclusion? icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

It's not about being smug, it was obvious right from the beginning what was going to happen, when you start taking things for granted like transfers before they have signed then you are asking for trouble.

I learned that after all the Ronaldinho stuff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Can United OTFers stop texting random transfer rumours around unless there's a source? icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

It's like a bloody chain letter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said what? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently the name Diop was texted from one larger than life OTFer to a similarly aged one who forwarded it to myself and a certain amateur, who forwarded it onto a snooker lover.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

lets face it, we've had our 12-13 years of success and its over. 2nd and a domestic trophy is all we can hope for unless somehow mourinho decides to join us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mourinho ridiculously overrated tbh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Manchester United centre-half Nemanja Vidic is studying video footage of former Old Trafford defenders Steve Bruce and Gary Pallister as he looks to create a similarly formidable partnership with Rio Ferdinand. (The Sun).

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing like the sun to latch onto what someone says and then report something totally different.

Which match were you watching? They were loud at the start but we soon shut them up, and it wasn't until the goal/penalty save that they found their voices again. James was there and has said as much.

Believing the hype ifs. They're like the scottish newcastle.

Actually, they take all the worst qualities from most of the sets of fans I despise most - Newcastle's 'we're the bestest fans eva' tendencies, Citeh's penchant for lies and exaggeration, the neanderthal element of Leeds and most of the same songs as Liverpool. Throw in a healthy sprinkling of bigotry and it's quite a combination.

mind games alert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manager Jose Mourinho has warned Manchester United that he expects his Chelsea side to be leading the Premiership sooner rather than later.

"I don't think it will take a lot of time to be top of the league," said Mourinho after Chelsea beat Bolton 1-0.

"I am happy to be just three points behind because we have had tougher fixtures than United.

"But now is time to win matches consecutively and go top of the league as soon as possible."

He added: "With the very good run Manchester United are having, they have to be frustrated to have only a three-point lead."

Mourinho believes that win at Bolton and the draw Chelsea earned at Old Trafford on Sunday have left the Premiership champions in excellent shape to retain their title.

"There could have been eight points difference between us now if we had not played well in these two games," he said.

"We could have lost in Manchester and dropped points against Bolton if we were not focused.

"Of course we would like to be top of the league. We have got used to it the last two years."

Meanwhile, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is quietly confident about his side's chances of holding off Chelsea.

"My players have a lot to work for," he said.

"I think they are on the verge of achieving something great at this club and you don't want to miss these things.

"When we got back into the dressing room, we managed to watch the last few minutes of Chelsea's game at Bolton.

"That kind of thing will always happen. The important thing is we are in a position to worry about them."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Does this mean you're a solicitor / barrister? Or did you jack the whole thing in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a paralegal, a fair bit away from being a solicitor for now. Have come pretty close to jacking it in, mind.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I quite agree with that guy about the Vidic celebration. The only one i've seen that was worse in recent times was that disgusting Alan Shearer one, where raising his arm was clearly an attempt to mock the thousands of people who've lost limbs in conflicts throughout the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blatant fascist sympathising by Big Al there. I bet him and Buffon like to share Mussolini stories over a glass of sherry. Idiots. icon13.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Why do we traditionally struggle against teams whose entire philosphy is hoof and hope, hustle and bustleball?

Wimbledon, Bolton, Man Utd etc....The most negative brand of 'football' you'll ever see."

*chokes*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Gotta love people suggesting who we buy when we have a nice fat debt icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the question was who would your ideal signings be, I named them. The question was not who should we sign. In the ideal world, I'd somehow gain £1Bn in the next month and buy United and sign those 3 players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eurgh, people saying the booing is wrong. I'll post what I posted on RN about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I booed him when he was read out before the game, I also booed him when he came on, I refused to cheer when he scored, I don't do two faced.

I can accept he's crap, see DJX2, Bellion etc at least they gave there all, this arse doesn't give a flying fig about us, a friend of mine was seeing one of the reserve players, I got her to ask him about Richardson and he thinks he's a arsehole, I've spent an utter fortune folllowing United this season, that arsehole earns more than I make in a year in a week, by all accounts he's an arrogant little arse around town either.

Oh and don't get me started on that sodding myspace </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your reasons for booing KR:

1) He doesn't care about us? How do you know this? He's no Gary Neville but he acts the same as most players do towards the fans.

2) A reserve players dislikes him... (OK?)

3) He earns more money than you. You boo him because he earns more money than you? WTF?

4) He is arrogant off the field. Loads the highly paid footballers will have fast cars and drive around in them like gangsters. Why does it bother you that KR does it?

5) His myspace. He has photos of himself looking like an utter c0ck so lets boo him?

I don't think any of the things above really bother you, it's more to do with you hating his skin colour. icon_wink.gif

He iffffs btw.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin 3, it's Rooney's winner vs Milan, Scholesy's pass vs Milan, the moment the title was confirmed and the title celebrations on the final day

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin 2, it's Ronaldoooooooooo's winner at Craven Cottage. my head still hurts from getting smacked in the ensuing melee, but who cares, what a buzz

and bully's special prize, your winner and by a country mile, JOS scoring in front of the Kop to beat the scousers in injury-time. doesn't really get much better.

Archived