The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Membership 2006/07: Special Packs Now Available

One United is helping its Members celebrate 50 years of the Busby Babes with the launch of three Special Edition Members Packs.

The cover of each pack features the 50 years logo and one of three players:

Sir Bobby Charlton for adult members

Giuseppe Rossi for junior members

Cristiano Ronaldo for international members

These fantastic 50 years packs will be sent to new and renewing Members who join One United for the 2006/07 season.

Other benefits of joining One United include:

Golden Ticket - 100 lucky winners will walk away with one of our money can't buy prizes

Season Ticket - opportunity to go onto the waiting list (call 0870 442 1994 for details)

Members Cup Scheme - see United in action in every home cup game

Match Tickets - opportunity to apply for all home games played at Old Trafford in 2006/07

The One United membership scheme for 2006/07 is open now, priced from £16 per person. Supporters can buy as many member packs as they wish online, ie for friends or family, by visiting manutd.com/oneunited. Alternatively call 0870 442 1994.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought a season ticket waiting list was a thing of fiction?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

What you all moaning about at least we signed someone icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was only a someone/anyone case provided they were a central midfielder icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Id take Emerson, Camronaesi and Vieria, as well as Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Buffon.

All of them would get into our XI tbh but just make our average age sky high. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd probably only take Emerson out of that lot.

Camoranesi has just never impressed me enough, although i've not watched him loads. Vieira we've discussed, i think he's already past his peak and he'll continue to slide. Cannavaro and Zambrotta are fantastic players, but we simply can't afford to be getting any more defenders. Buffon i'd love, but he'd still command a high fee, so again it's unlikely.

Buffon is about the only one where i'd consider us losing out on a midfielder/striker to get him, as VDS isn't going to go on for much longer, and hopefully Buffon would sort that position for years to come. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I watched in the World Cup as well as last season I'm not convinced that Emerson isn't on the slide as much as Vieira if not more so tbh Mark.

I agree with you about the other ones, but as I've said before as soon as Ruud goes Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic come into the equation as well. Although I'd rather take Torres than either of them.

BBC's rumour mill saying (via tha Mail) that Ruud to Madrid will be finalised today so that might start the ball rolling transfer wise.

And while it increases the overall debt, the reduction of the interest portion to be paid back as part of the debt is a welcome reduction of the pressure it would cause and hands it would tie in trying to repay.

If anyone actually has the figures handy for how our debt currently stands I like to see them actually.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

ok probably posted above, but I have a question about it so don't care.

"Chinese international Dong Fangzhuo moved a step closer to becoming a Manchester United player last night.

The Royal Antwerp forward scored the Reds winning goal against the Kaizer Chiefs in the Newlands stadium in Cape Town on Tuesday night, and Sir Alex was impressed with his finish.

In fact, so impressed that the Reds boss expects Dong to link up permanently sooner rather than later.

“I thought the goal was a good example of a young players showing good composure,†he said of the winning goalscorer.

“He could have taken the shot first time but he had the confidence to wait before taking the chance.

“The situation with him is that he’s been at Antwerp for three years now which means he is soon eligible for a European passport which will be good news for us.

“He’s played four times for China now so we could apply on the fact of his potential. In England as it stands now we could get him a work permit on appeal based on his potential because he’s only 20 and has already played for China four times.

“So in the next nine months he should be at Manchester United.â€

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was also pleased with the performance and fitness gained in the Reds narrow victory over the

"

Right, if you are Chinese you're not allowed a second nationality, so please explain how he is going to get a European passport? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he plays a certain period in Belgium isn't he allowed a dual nationality? Different time periods i think

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

**** right off. Pair of ********.

And 2-3-5 is the best formation. Totally old school. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Who the hell is Paul Parker, and what has he achieved to say something about RvN? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right Back during the early 90s at the club, won everything apart from the European Cup with United. Part of one of the best backline in the club's history, so I think he's at least got a reason to make an opinion.

As for the criticism, not read it, but during last season he did seem to, at times, look disinterested, which in turn could have been a disruptive influence on the team.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Will Owen Hargreaves be a Man Utd player by the end of the month?

* Yes

* No

</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The vote on Sky Sports page. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just got a marvellous mental image of BBB crying and pressing the 'yes' button over and over.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Anyone going the ressies tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, think so

Probably...

The United Thread Stat-tacular 2006-7: Crewe Cut Down To Size icon_cool.gif

Appearances:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

EPL ECL FAC TCC Total

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR 8 3 11

2. Gary NEVILLE 6 2 8

3. Patrice EVRA 5/2 1 6/2

4. Gabriel HEINZE 2 1 1 4

5. Rio FERDINAND 9 2 11

6. Wes BROWN 6/1 2 1 9/1

7. Cristiano RONALDO 7 2 9

8. Wayne ROONEY 6 3 9

9. Louis SAHA 7/1 3 10/1

11. Ryan GIGGS 5/1 1 6/1

13. PARK Ji-Sung 1/3 1/3

14. Alan SMITH 0/2 1 1/2

15. Nemanja VIDIC 4 2 6

16. Michael CARRICK 6/1 3 9/1

18. Paul SCHOLES 6 3 9

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER 3/4 0/2 1 4/6

22. John O'SHEA 6/2 2/1 8/3

23. Kieran RICHARDSON 2/1 0/2 1 3/3

24. Darren FLETCHER 6/1 2/1 8/2

25. David JONES 1 1

27. Mikael SILVESTRE 3/2 1 1 5/2

29. Tomasz KUSZCZAK 1 1 2

34. Ryan SHAWCROSS 0/1 0/1

35. Kieran LEE 0/1 0/1

36. David GRAY 1 1

41. Philip MARSH 1 1

42. Michael BARNES 0/1 0/1

49. Ritchie JONES 1 1

</pre>

Goalscorers:

EPL ECL FAC TCC Total

9. Louis SAHA 3 3 6

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER 4 1 1 6

7. Cristiano RONALDO 2 2

8. Wayne ROONEY 2 2

11. Ryan GIGGS 2 2

18. Paul SCHOLES 1 1 2

5. Rio FERDINAND 1 1

15. Nemanja VIDIC 1 1

22. John O'SHEA 1 1

23. Kieran RICHARDSON 1 1

24. Darren FLETCHER 1 1

27. Mikael SILVESTRE 1 1

35. Kieran LEE 1 1

Own Goals 1 1

Totals 19 7 2 28

</pre>

Penalties:

9. Louis SAHA 1/1

</pre>

Assists:

9. Louis SAHA 5

11. Ryan GIGGS 4

8. Wayne ROONEY 3

7. Cristiano RONALDO 3

6. Wes BROWN 2

13. PARK Ji-Sung 1

14. Alan SMITH 1

15. Nemanja VIDIC 1

18. Paul SCHOLES 1

49. Ritchie JONEs 1

</pre>

At Fault For Goal:

2. Gary NEVILLE 1

5. Rio FERDINAND 1

6. Wes BROWN 1

7. Cristiano RONALDO 1

27. Mikael SILVESTRE 1

</pre>

Clean Sheets:

Charlton away (EPL)

Tottenham home (EPL)

Benfica away (CL)

Newcastle home (EPL)

FC Kobenhavn home (CL)

Liverpool home (EPL)

</pre>

Yellow Cards:

EPL ECL FAC TCC Total

18. Paul SCHOLES 2 1 3

6. Wes BROWN 2 1 3

3. Patrice EVRA 1 1 2

4. Gabriel HEINZE 1 1

5. Rio FERDINAND 1 1

11. Ryan GIGGS 1 1

15. Nemanja VIDIC 1 1

16. Michael CARRICK 1 1

22. John O'SHEA 1 1

23. Kieran RICHARDSON 1 1 1

27. Mikael SILVESTRE 1 1

35. Kieran LEE 1 1

</pre>

Average Goals Per Game: 2.77 (36 in 13)

Average Goals Scored Per Game: 2.15 (28 in 13)

Average Goals Conceded Per Game: 0.62 (8 in 13)

Games Won When Scoring First Goal: 9/9 (100%)

Games Drawn When Scoring First Goal: 0/9

Games Lost When Scoring First Goal: 0/9

Games Won When Conceding First Goal: 2/4 (50%)

Games Drawn When Conceding First Goal: 1/4 (25%)

Games Lost When Conceding First Goal: 1/4 (25%)

Games Won When Leading At Half-Time: 6/6 (100%)

Games Drawn When Leading At Half-Time: 0/6

Games Lost When Leading At Half-Time: 0/6

Games Won When Drawing At Half-Time: 4/6 (66.66%)

Games Drawn When Drawing At Half-Time: 1/6 (16.66%)

Games Lost When Drawing At Half-Time: 1/6 (16.66%)

Games Won When Losing At Half-Time: 1/1 (100%)

Games Drawn When Losing At Half-Time: 0/1

Games Lost When Losing At Half-Time: 0/1

Form

Last Six (All comps): WWWWWW

Home (All comps): WWLWWW

Away (All comps): WWDWWW

Games Unbeaten: 7

Consecutive Wins: 6

</pre>

Attendances:

Highest - 75,828, vs Liverpool (Premiership, 22/10/06)

Lowest - 72,020, vs FC Kobenhavn (Champions League, 18/10/06)

Total - 523,706 (6 games)

Average - 74,815

Rooney goalwatch, in association with the mongy British media

No goals in - omgz - 8 United games

Mart Leaving Early:

Sevilla home

Forthcoming Fixtures

28.10.06 Bolton Wanderers (A) Premiership

01.11.06 FC Kobenhavn (A) CL Matchday 4

04.11.06 Portsmouth (H) Premiership

08.11.06 Southend United (A) Carling Cup Round 4

11.11.06 Blackburn Rovers (A) Premiership

18.11.06 Sheffield United (A) Premiership

</pre>

--------------------------------------------------------------

Academy Update

Appearances: James Chester 10, Christy Fagan 9(1), James Derbyshire 8(2), Daniel Welbeck 5(5), Magnus Wolff Eikrem 8(1), Febian Brandy 8(1), Daniel Drinkwater 7(2), Craig Cathcart 8, Conor McCormack 6(1), Antonio Bryan 6(2), Michael Lea 6, Ron-Robert Zieler 5, Richard Eckersley 6, Sam Hewson 6, Daniel Galbraith 5, Benjamin Amos 5, Corrie Evans 3(1), Oliver Norwood (2), Matthew James (2), Kenny Strickland (1)

Scorers: Brandy 9, Fagan 4, Welbeck 3, Bryan 2, Galbraith 1, Hewson 2, Cathcart 1, Eikrem 1, Lea 1

Table:

P W D L F A GD Pt

1. Man City Yth 10 6 2 2 23 13 10 20

2. Man Utd Yth 10 5 2 3 24 18 6 17

3. Crewe Yth 10 6 0 4 22 15 6 17

</pre>

--------------------------------------------------------------

Assists and at-fault-for's up for debate ofc. Suggestions for further stats welcome.

Added: Goals for Solskjaer (R Jones assist) and Lee (Smith assist). Bookings for Brown, Lee and Richardson. Brown at fault for goal. And ofc the other assorted gubbins, with all new Academy Update icon_cool.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

yeah that worked a treat last time round </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True , but theres one big difference, were at home in the last game and the team is a LOT more confident this time around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

Don't see why you should really care when they're all United fans apart from one who was my best mate, wore a United scarf and kept his mouth shut the whole game and only went cause he had never been to a Premiership match before because he come's from Belfast.

Branch members are allowed to apply for tickets for friends and family and that's all i'm doing so there's no problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 2nd part is ********.

You think it's fair that plenty of members like Coldberg don't get tickets in the ballot yet you're able to hand out tickets to who the **** you like? Someone at your SC is abusing the system. Most of the branches I know are stuggling for tickets this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Chelsea Man Utd</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Middlesbrough (H) Saturday 10th Feb - KO 3pm Charlton (H) Saturday 10th Feb - KO 3pm -6

Fulham (A) Saturday 24th Feb - KO 12:45pm -9

Liverpool (A) Saturday 3rd Mar - KO 12:45pm -12

Portsmouth (A) Saturday 3rd Mar - KO 5:15pm -9

Man City (A) Wednesday 14th Mar - KO 7:45pm -6

Bolton (H) Saturday 17th Mar - KO 12:45pm -9

Sheffield Utd (H) Saturday 17th Mar - KO 3pm -6

Blackburn (H) Saturday 31st Mar - KO 3pm -9

Watford (A) Saturday 31st Mar - KO 5:15pm -6

Tottenham (H) Saturday 7th Apr - KO 12:45pm -3

Portsmouth (A) Saturday 7th Apr - KO 5:15pm -6

West Ham (A) Monday 9th Apr - KO 3pm -3

Sheffield Utd (H) Tuesday 10th Apr - KO 8pm -6

Man Utd (H) Sunday 15th Apr - KO 1:30pm Chelsea (A) Sunday 15th Apr - KO 1:30pm -6

Newcastle (A) Saturday 21st Apr - KO 3pm Middlesbrough (H) Saturday 21st Apr - 3pm -6

Everton (A) Saturday 28th Apr - KO 12pm -9

Bolton (H) Saturday 28th Apr - KO 3pm -6

Arsenal (A) Saturday 5th May - KO 3pm Man City (A) Saturday 5th May - KO 3pm -6

Everton (H) Sunday 13th May - KO 3pm West Ham (H) Sunday 13th May - KO 3pm -6</pre>

The figure at the end is how many points we are potentially behind Utd if both teams take full points from fixtures, and draw in the head to head. Now obviously it's not intentional but that is ridiculously in Man Utd's favour. We only get the opportunity to put pressure on by closing the gap in an early kick off twice whereas they have the chance 6 times! one of these being a chance to open the gap up to a massive 12 points.

I took the times from the club websites but I think they may be subject to change as I can't see the Arsenal or the Bolton game being a 3pm kick off but we'll see. Grim reading if that's the case though icon_frown.gif

Just posted that in the Chelsea thread but thought it might be of interest to your lot as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamonWattsok:

oh, was Ole's goal offside? I was pretty much alongside it, but as it went to Ole, I was suprised and couldn't really tell.

and how far wide was Ronaldo's one and one? Looked poor from where I was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was only inches wide but he had the keeper on his arse and only needed to smack it over him. awful miss really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

We better not get to the FA Cup final as i am running a Marathon in Derbyshire that day icon_frown.gif

Also running another marathon the day after too icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you're in training but how is that not dangerous for your body? Surely running so much in a short space of time can't be positive for your condition in the long-term? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it'll be a challenge thats for sure but i'm not looking to do either of them fast

i'd be happy to complete them both with out fecking myself up

it would be useful experience for if i wanted to do any thing longer than a marathon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think I could comfortably walk 52 miles in the space of 48 hours let alone run/jog it.

And longer than a marathon? Planning to do a Phileas Fogg on foot are you? icon_biggrin.gif

Fair play anyway man icon14.gif, I really couldn't be arsed with training for something that demanding or intensive unless it guaranteed that someone found the cure for cancer or something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm nowhere near as happy as everyone else seems to be about this :/

It's not an awful result, but given we're without Scholes and will most likely concede in the 2nd leg I'm not pleased with it either

It was good given that we were down to 10 for so long, but my hopes of us qualifying have gone down rather than up after this game

still 2nd leg should be a great game though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

anyone can cut and paste the list..... Mad

The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southamton (Mirror)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Athletico Madrid (Mirror)

Running Total: 12

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

theis - 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

Hero of the day - 83

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Rb - 76

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

ajw2255 - 70

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

davidbowie 63

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

Matt Cavanagh - 54

mark g 52

keyser - 50

player_65 - 46

SLO_Fila 43

Taz Devil - 41

Saha - 39

The_Fish - 37

finneys13 - 36

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I had actually forgotten the footbal lwas on tonight until I saw the paper this morning & it was already bumming Liverpool like they had solved world hunger.

Gonna watch series 2 of peep show again I think & avoid the result until tomorrow morning.

However there is some sick twisted element of me that wants to sit & torture myself by watching it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't stop myself from not watching. I have to watch.

Last time at half-time i was feeling so smug i was thinking "ah, let liverpool score 2 goals so that it will be a tense end of the game".

Fookers fooked me up big time icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

so who's leaving?

saha

richardson

heinze

silvestre

oshea

smith

all surely unsafe. am i forgetting anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o'shea and Smith worth keeping over all others mentioned i think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

the award for Biggest Disappointment is next:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Performance and elimination in Milan

Losing to Southend

Arsenal and West Ham doing doubles over us

Number of games we bottled it and went 451/433

Louis Saha

Not relegating West Ham

FA Cup Final defeat/performance

Not doing the double after being so close

Realising we're not good enough in Europe

Fergie loaning Rossi out rather than keeping him

Seeing us line up 451 vs Benfica

Gary Nev's season-ending injury

Giggs' exasperating performances

BBB in Milan

Pompey away

Seeing the number 23 come up in green lights on the 4th official's board.

Glazer not dying </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we'd known what we know now, "the pace of the awards ceremony" would have been a

shoe-in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh gosh that's funny. That's really funny. Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Mmm. You're the first. Gosh, what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up with a joke like that by your self. Mmm. That's so fresh, too. Any Titanic jokes you want to throw into this forum while we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity? Because we're right here. God you're so funny!

Archived