The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davehanson:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">right from the scandal then. targets???

id say the only realistic ones are vieira, buffon, maybe ibra or bojinov or frey. (toni = inter)

the ones i want are buffon.

the ones we'll get are...none.

instead we'll go for kuscysycsyzk ffs! devilfire </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frey is a Parma player just on load, so he'll go back there.

Perhaps worth a look at Trezeguet, Camorinese and Cannavaro. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No he isn't, he's at Fiorentina permanently.

Camoranesi is ****

Trezeguet is ****

Cannavaro to Madrid

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Mourinho, who is a big admirer of Ronaldo, has warned the former Sporting Lisbon star that he may have to leave United if he wants to be successful.

"He is a great player, full of potential and ambition," added Mourinho.

"I do not speak much with him, but as our representative is the same they circulate messages between us.

"I have already said to Jorge Mendes (the pair's agent) that if he wants to be a champion, he is better to leave Manchester.

"If not he stays there for at least another year." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The irritating one just trying to further unsettle a rival player....

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And...'Momo' has proven himself far more in the Premiership than Rossi, who this thread is not unwilling to lavish praise on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The difference being Rossi has made one Premiership start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yes...and if Rossi was so awesome maybe he would have forced himself into more starts jpshakehead.sml.gif

I'll leave it there though, hoping that both Rossi and Sissoko have good seasons.

('MoMo' excellet on ProEvo 5 so earns my support for that)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Fergie has clearly been building a long term squad for at least 2 seasons now, as far as I see it, he's not actually done anything much wrong signings wise in the last three summers.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't think it was clear we needed a central midfielder last summer? (Or arguably, the summer before that) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, but he did sign Mikel and was hoping to get Essien before Chelsea came along from what I can tell, maybe had his eyes on Ballack before Chelsea came along...maybe he went for people and other circumstances meant that things weren't right, I don't know. I don't read RI all the time and have all the inside rumours.

I don't buy that he hasn't tried to get a CM for ages though, I don't think he is that stupid...

At least things are starting to get sorted now. Time will tell whether it is enough.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Nice to see Rossi being given a higher number, 42 looked so out of place in pre-season icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

42 may have gained cult status though. icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [26] Evra happy

Friday, September 1, 2006

I had a beautiful life in Monaco but came here with my wife and 10-month-old baby and found rain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, he was walking down the street and suddenly a rain drop falls so he's like 'Rain - wtf?'? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

This Jimlad seems like a right boring ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luckily I don't need your approval to validate my existence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

...Actually, I can't believe we're getting into this again. FFS. Why don't we all discuss whether it was a mistake to sell Beckham... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its hardly ancient history when the guy has come out today to make comments about his beloved madrid and how terribly he was treated at united

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Yeah I know it's not there, that's why I linked to it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoosh etc.

In Uni and can't be bothered to walk home yet, go me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get it right, the yank bas has bored you into a vegetable-like state </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That as well icon_frown.gif

Get your ticket?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Oh and we can take our pick for AFF the goal.

Vidic was made a mug of by Teddy, Rio was far too soft against Harewood, VDS could have arguably done better at the near post, but its either Scholes or Carrick at fault for not tracking Reo-Coker from deep thats probably most culpable.

From what I remember about the goal - have to check again - Carrick was nearest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't see which one of them didn't track him, although given it was the more advanced midfielder who scored more often than not that would be Carrick's man. But personally i thought the biggest mistake was Rio not stopping the ball coming over. He was tight to his man, with him not facing the goal, and should never have allowed him to get free enough to get the ball across.

• 2 weeks later...

What a great 2nd half. \o/

Ronaldo just magic again but Silvestre just had to make it nervous stuff yet again.

Pretty much everything about the game has been said in here apart from any praise for OGS. I thought that he was great today, chased the ball down from the front, his movement off the ball was superb and he just basically showed signs of his pre injury awesomeness. I was tempted to give him MOTM to be different, but I just can't bring myself to type it.

MOTM: Ronaldo

2nd: OGS

Come on a nice big win against the Geordies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

"I've recalled one or two young players that have been out on loan," he added, "and we may sign somebody else in January. Who knows? We may make a couple of signings. But I do think we have the squad to handle the games coming up." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fergie you handsome devil, and you thought you could keep it from us icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

the fa cup is **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** off

though rest players in this ahead of league game definitely.

and yeah the curse ftl/ftw/whatever - it'll happen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

tbh I would have tormented the hornets tonight and I have 1 ankle, am redeveloping my asthma, and probably a bit overweight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it sounded like we were diabolical tonight, completely out of our depth. Not that I expected any less.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Yeah, Ruud and Scholes basically won us the 03 title, he deserves to be in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

beckham got about 18 assists, you cannot discount him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

probably his worst season for us, regardless of those numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ref must also get a mention for his joke of a performance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was allright until the Diop decision tyhen he just went absolutely dire, for both teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going to disagree. Poor all game IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

"cristiano, only one place to start, was it a penalty?"

"as soon as he touched you, did you know it was a penalty, did you feel the contact?"

"could you have stayed on your feet?"

"why is it always controversy with cristiano ronaldo?"

"when you hear accusations that you cheated, how do you feel?"

when has any other player been interrogated like that after such a stonewall penalty? geoff shreeves such a massive c**t. always hated him, this just confirms his c**tishness. Fergie a bit silly to react like that, but apparently Shreeves was bricking it so it's not all bad.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Then when they scored some Liverpool fan cheered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did that too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, in a pub full of Mancs ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Surely you have to actually agree before such a thing could happen ? Hard luck, BBB, in that case ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

unless a young 14 year old turns up to the Roma game in the seat next to Martin

haha re: rcj's analysis of Giggs in the match thread.. its exactly what I thought icon_biggrin.gif

at the game, I noticed he gave the ball away a lot early on, then didnt actually pick up on all of his assists... on reflection he probably wasnt half as bad as I thought icon_biggrin.gif

Giggs the ultimate TV/live game spectator divider

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yovan:

I read it icon_frown.gif

The news was that the parents were happy, even yesterday in the other paper of Barcelona (El Mundo Deportivo).

If he signs for another club I would be disappointed because the parents have used Barça. The boy was in the middle of the ****ing war icon_mad.gif don’t want to say something stupid.

Loads of parents, even former footballers, offer theirs boys to Barça because they know the quality of the academy. Barça spend loads of money on their ****ing boys and at the first chance, when there are 16, they ask for a salary.

Barça should break any relationship with Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United, especially United because our academies collaborate regularly.

Even if it was only a movement of his agent, I’m angry tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but can he dance? I don't want a player in my team that can't dance.

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See that boy ? I havent felt this way about a player since the first time I saw Cristiano play.

I want him in our team. Now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wilbie:

Roll on Sunday 6pm when we are celebrating being the best team in England. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut up, yeah?

Can i just pass my Congratulatins onto all of you and thank god you didn't let Chelsea win the league.

As for VDS i think you have the perfect replacement in Ben Foster. He played an absolute blinder against us on Saturday and with a decent defence in front of him he won't let too many in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Air Force Ones:

I like to see Park play in centre mid. He played most centre mid for PSV. When he plays on the right he does move inwards rather then outwards.

Park is good but he's like an Andy Cole, 10 shots, 1 goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a) you're comparing a wide midfielder to a striker

b) you're talking b*llocks. again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As much as i love Park he is more likely 20 shots, 1 goal icon_biggrin.gif

Archived