The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

And the nature of premiership football is such that there is very little chance of what you suggest happening, so the rivalries remain more constant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true, but bizarre things happen in FM. I've seen Liverpool and Arsenal relegated for example, so it can happen in that world, even if it's unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future irl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the researchers (well some of us anyway) are stuck between putting realistic data in there to add to the games realism, against not being able to predict any oddities a long running FM game might throw up.

and all we get is grief and a free game icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rafinha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just signed him on FM as Nev's eventual replacement. Life imitating Art?

Added to that my United team contains Mascherano and did contain Simao, while I've seriously looked at signing the others mentioned in that post, I'm rather scared that I'm being watched. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

This new season is going to be unbelievably fbbbb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't say I'm convinced yet. The prospect of fighting with Spurs for 5th place isn't exactly getting my pulse racing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Man Utd deal stalls for Kuszczak

Manchester United's bid for West Brom goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak has stalled.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has offered to pay £2million for Kuszczak plus young keeper Luke Steele, but Baggies supremo Jeremy Peace wants hitman Beppe Rossi on a year's loan.

Ferguson isn't interested in releasing Italian Rossi, who he sees as part of his first team plans this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/\o/\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Hows Kieran been playing? Basically the best player ever? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I've read, he's been pap icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

They haven't shown a close up but has he lost his hair? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's all shaved off. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

oh so its something the mirror have made up, thats alright then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep i take no blame for this

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Van Nistelrooy scored 150 goals in 218 appearances after joining United from PSV for £19m in 2001.

However, he fell out with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and recently handed in a written transfer request.

At the conference in Madrid, Van Nistelrooy said he was hurt by being left out the team for the Carling Cup win over Wigan in February.

"When we played the final, that's when I started to feel unhappy," said the 30-year-old.

Asked whether he wanted to leave United because he felt Ferguson was supporting other players and not giving him the support he deserved, Van Nistelrooy replied: "You summed up my feelings quite well." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we have 5 because Rossi has shown that he can hold is own. If we don't buy another striker you'll see him playing more and more. Will be good to see that lad breakthrough as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

Sky Sports saying that the Ref from the United match has said that he's seen the replay three times and is sticking with his decision.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such a joke

Guess he cant exactly overturn it himself though and make it obvious he just saw "Rooney" and "challenge" and thought he had to show a red

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

haha eddie such a day tripper. So really tomorrow couldve cost ticket + diesel about £55. It will be worth it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't go to footie match without a feckin' camera. icon15.gif

Been meaning to get a digi camera for eons, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Eddie promoted to the prawn sandwich lot?*

Digital camera? - use your phone like us poor people icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Look lads, I now feel somewhat guilty about being nice about OGS, so I have decided to post

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silvestre doing what he does best. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

back when Freddie was fffffffffb as well.

Btw, decided to have a rant about the official site's coverage of reserve stuff icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Very impressed with the recent aesthetic overhaul of the site, it's a marked improvement over the old layout. However, the coverage of the reserve/academy setup is still embarassingly poor for the official site of a club of United's stature.

For example, the player page for the reserve team still lists Paul McShane, Luke Steele and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake as United players despite them having departed the club several weeks ago now. Additionally, a couple of players are listed as on loan, and yet the quartet of Gibson, Evans, Simpson and Campbell now out on loan at Antwerp aren't listed as such.

Moreover, as far as I can see there is no fixture list up for either the reserves or the academy despite their seasons being underway, and there is as yet no report of Saturday's academy fixture at Reading.

Perhaps most disappointing is the complete lack of coverage of the pre-season Milk Cup tournament in Northern Ireland. United have a great tradition of being represented in this prestigious tournament and it was covered online by the BBC among others this year, and yet on the club's official site, there's no mention of the squad that travelled, no match reports or even results and the sum total of your coverage is a headline "United crash out of Milk Cup" which, when clicked in anticipation of an article, leads to a blank page.

I appreciate running the United official site must be a fairly daunting task and there are more pressing concerns, but there are a lot of Reds very interested in goings-on below first team level who are effectively feeding off scraps at the minute. I dare say there would be plenty of us willing to contribute in various ways towards giving the official site of a club so famed for it's focus on youth development the coverage it deserves.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any suggestions on possible improvements?

And so the window slams shut, and as such it's only right to present a summary of Manchester United's transfer dealings for the summer of 2006:

IN:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Michael Carrick (Tottenham) £14m*

Tomasz Kuszczak (W.B.A.) Loan (p/ex)

Total: £14m</pre>

OUT:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid) £11m

John Obi Mikel (Chelsea) £6m*

Jonathan Spector (West Ham) £500k

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Plymouth) £250k

David Bellion (Nice) Undisc.

Luke Steele (W.B.A.) P/Ex

Paul McShane (W.B.A.) P/Ex

Quinton Fortune (Bolton) Free

Liam Miller (Sunderland) Free

Markus Neumayr (Duisburg) Free

Mads Timm (Odense) Free

Mark Howard (Brondby) Free

Eddie Johnson (Bradford) Free

Phil Picken (Chesterfield) Free

Colin Heath (Macclesfield) Free

Tommy Lee (Macclesfield) Free

Kyle Moran (Free Agent) Released

Gerard Piqué (Zaragoza) Loan

Guiseppe Rossi (Newcastle) Loan

Chris Eagles (NEC Nijmegen) Loan

Lee Martin (Rangers) Loan

Phil Bardsley (Rangers) Loan

Tim Howard (Everton) Loan

Ben Foster (Watford) Loan

Adam Eckersley (Brondby) Loan

Jonathan Evans (Antwerp) Loan

Danny Simpson (Antwerp) Loan

Darron Gibson (Antwerp) Loan

Fraizer Campbell (Antwerp) Loan

Total: £17.75m~

Squad depth and wage bill: Decimated

Net Outlay: -£3.75m

* = initial payments</pre>

Step forward the Glazer family, David Gill, Sir Alex Ferguson - take a bow lads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

man i hope bbb stuck around long enough to see oles goal, would have been a p*ss your pants with joy type moment that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think I saw him from the camera in the back of the strettie at HT carrying a huge stash of pies and drinks from the concession stands. So might have stuck around after that for about 10 minutes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The Mirror also reports that Sir Alex is in danger of losing his right-hand man after Carlos Queiroz was shortlisted for the USA national team job. Jurgen Klinsmann is favourite to take over after he quit as Germany's boss following the World Cup. But there have been doubts over whether the former Spurs striker will get the post because of high wage demands. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the only Carlos leaving scenario that would **** me off. The signs seem to be pointing towards us getting Klinsmann anyhow.

You guys heard about this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Apparently on the internet message boards it is alleged that John Terry told Ledley King to 'Shut up you lippy black monkey' before getting sent off on Sunday. This would explain the following:

Why King went mad, when normally he is mild tempered and the incident appeared harmless

Why Chimbonda went berserk and had to be physically restrained

Why Zakora went mad also

Why Drogba, who was there and always gets involved, did nothing

Why Terry calmly walked away expecting to be sent off for what appeared on TV to be nothing

Terry was accused by Eto of making racist comments in the Barcelona

game last year.

Apparently a Spurs player has leaked this, but Chelsea are working

overtime to keep it quiet.

Ashley Cole has said that Poll told him the lack of discipline by

Chelsea was out of order and Chelsea are trying to discredit Poll, but

he cannot possibly come out and say what Terry did as he is the England captain, preferring to say he was sent off for 'ungentlemanly conduct'.

Finally, Rio Ferdinand said in his book that a current England player

was a known racist. Wonder who he meant? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it's plausible icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

It's for 3 months, not a perma-deal. Like our title challenge, it'll be over 12/03/07...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wahey \o/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just for Nick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Jones opens door to Wales career

Derby County's new £1m signing David Jones says he has not yet decided where his national allegiance lies.

The 22-year-old midfielder, who completed his move from Manchester United on Thursday, is eligible to play for both Wales and England.

Jones has played once for England Under-21s in a non-competitive match, meaning he could still play for Wales.

"I definitely have not closed the door on possibly playing for Wales one day," Jones told the Daily Post.

"I've turned down a couple of England get-togethers recently because I want to establish myself as a club regular before I think about anything else.

"It was difficult going away on international duty when I wasn't playing regularly at United.

"But I'm not impatient about that at the moment. I want to do well for Derby County first and foremost and the rest is for the future."

Ironically, Jones' first appearance as an official Derby player will be against the club he joined as a nine-year-old and once supported - Wrexham.

The Dragons have a proud history of FA Cup shocks, and Jones was at the Racecourse in 1992 to witness their biggest upset of all as Brian Flynn's side knocked Arsenal out in the third round.

He experienced the unpredictability of the Cup himself 13 years later when he played the full 90 minutes in Man Utd's 0-0 draw with non-league Exeter City at Old Trafford.

"It just shows what can happen in the Cup and proves that what on paper looks an easy game is never the case," said Jones, who had been on loan at Derby from Man Utd since November.

"Wrexham have a great history in the competition and nowadays every Football League team is well organised and difficult to break down.

"So everyone at Derby is aware that we will need to be top of our game to go through to the next round." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...

Something will happen over the next few months (his agent **** stirring) United will use that to create some spin about him, turns the fans against him, get themselves off the hook "no choice but to sell and we'll be buying players with the proceeds"

September 1st 2007

"Well we tried to sign a couple of players but they didnae want to accept the money we were offering, I'm more than happy with the squad that we have and we're confident that we'll challenge on all fronts this season"

• 2 weeks later...

Rot might be harsh but I don't like him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Boss building for the future

Sir Alex Ferguson is looked forward to the next six or seven years at United, just as he is the next 90 minutes of the club's Champions League campaign.

At his pre-match press conference in France, the boss talked about his plans for the future and the building work which is beginning to pay dividends, both domestically and in Europe.

"What we've tried to do is reconstruct a team that we knew was getting older," he said.

"But we didn't build the present team (just) to win the European Cup. The main issue is to be successful in our own country."

The current crop have already won the Carling Cup, in 2006 - and as he did in '96, Sir Alex is trusting fresh talent as he pursues bigger targets this term and beyond.

"It's difficult to say how long players like Giggs and Scholes and Neville can play at the very top - I think that these are great moments for them certainly," said Sir Alex, ever-mindful of the part his long-serving trio are playing this season.

"But the younger players who've developed at the club, that's where the future is certainly - players like Rooney, Ronaldo, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, O'Shea and Park.

"They're all good ages. They can stay together and grow as a team for the next six or seven years. That's what we expect and we hope our calculations are right.

"In that six-, seven-year period we have a great chance of winning things. Hopefully the European Cup is one of them." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richardson cruelly omitted there, wp Fergie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everybody cheer \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

park ifb

i loved it when he was warming up and started clapping to the fans as we sung his name on saturday, such a prince :***) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He knows his song then? icon_cool.gif

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most Sikhs come from the Punjab region of Pakistan and India, although significant communities exist around the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha. I wanted to say "indians" in my original post but i thought to play on the safe side and call them arabic icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You have the likes of James07?/his parents that travel all over, iirc they've done all the euro aways this season, it comes to arguably the biggest game of the season so far (semi) and bam they get chubbed whilst some ****** who hasn't been to any aways gets a ticket.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how the hell does that work?

Do you not have a loyalty system of any sorts? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry redo the post again.

No its a system where if you've been to 70% of the games then your chances of getting the 30% will be slimmer. It's to give the other supporters a chance to get to games therefore evens it out betweem hardcore and none hardcore fans.

I've had no luck what so every for the last 5 matches this season. Hopfully I can get the West Ham one.

• 1 month later...

Archived