foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

are you wakeyrocket in disguise </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha i've been found out, seriously though this is the name i use when at work because i couldnt remember my passwod from years back as my PC at home is automatically logged in so never needed it

What does it matter that we've given them Steele and McShane though? Surely better that than pay millions by way of a transfer fee? Whatever your view of Kuszczak, there simply aren't keepers of equivalent ability that you can get without some kind of sweetener. I'm sure if you asked Lincoln City nicely, they might loan you their reserve keeper for free but I suspect he might not be good enough.

I'm baffled here, really. It's one of the cleverest bits of business we've done in a while, don't understand at all why people are so bothered about Steele and McShane going the other way. I can completely understand people being underwhelmed by the signing but a backup goalie was hardly going to be one to get us all excited.

----------

Confused of Salford

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

i was at the MEN ARENA when they brought the trophies back in and showed them off icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, was right above the enterance where they came out of, would have preffered to been out in the crowd tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I've emailed the editor to ask can it be deleted. This is now my 2nd Sanctuary feck up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was the first? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leaking stuff from there to here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

When has fergie been wrong about a youngster coming through the ranks? I know how promising Jones has looked over the past 2 seasons in reserve level and on loan etc, but I trust fergies judgement when it comes to youth teamers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He could at least give the lad a chance, especially when the likes of John O'Shea and Keiran Richardson are the men in front of him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly. jules you do have a point about fergie rarely being wrong, but for jones to be reserve team captain when they won it all, go to preston and be immense, and then play in the eredivisie and to win the respect of nijmegen's fans, it makes no sense not to even try him.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">michael carrick is becoming more and more instrumental </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does he play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pink oboe ?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Boss: We deserve to be top

Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted with the efforts of United's players and supporters at Old Trafford, but conceded that a point was a better result for visitors Chelsea.

"It was a big opportunity for us. They got the little break you sometimes get, an owngoal from Louis Saha – it just touched the top of his head when I think Edwin had it covered. But these things happen in football and you just have to accept them.

"The most important thing is we’ve proved we deserve to be top of the league. I think the performance of the team in general was excellent. Some of the football we played was fantastic.

"We could have scored more goals but at the end of the day I’m pleased with the performance, with the effort of my players and the atmosphere inside the stadium.

"You’ll not get that anywhere else, the atmosphere was fantastic."

More quotes to follow... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

pfft shame you didn't apply that when you were in 'Self Righteous Fan' mode, eh Jimbo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wouldn’t recognise a sensible adult discussion if it slapped you on the 4th chin.

• 2 weeks later...

So he turned down international meetups to establish himself as a club player first. That makes me wonder even more why Ferguson never gave him a fuller crack before offloading him. Seems like the kind of player he would love putting club before country.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well even in this situation i still think we can make it to the damn CL final because Milan are a laughing stock as we are defensively and apart from Kaka they are completely inept going forward (unless Inzaghi scores an offside goal).

Still i would have rather not show up for ****ing Milan and win this one ffs.

Although for 80% of the season i didn't believed we can win the title slowly up until the game against Blackburn i turned into a believer. Right until the injury of Vidic which was a sucker punch for me and at that moment i realized we have a **** all chance to win it if we also concentrate on the CL which we do.

Btw, i checked the games Milan played before the game at OT and the one this weekend.

Milan vs. Cagliari:

No Nesta

No Kaka

No Inzaghi or Gilardinho (not that the latter is that good anyway)

Ambrosini and Pirlo only play 35min

Seedor and Gattuso only played 65min

No Maldini (who was not injured at that time)

No Oddo

Milan vs. Torino

No Oddo

No Inzaghi (who was bound to play against Man Utd)

No Kaka

Seedorf plays for 65min

Jankulovski plays for 30min

No Maldini (injured)

No Khaladze (suspended)

No Gattuso (injured but at the same time also getting a rest for the United game since he was obviously fit for the game)

Ambrosini plays for 45min

icon_biggrin.gif Hell yeah!

And indeed, it is what makes the 1999 all the more impressive.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m both surprised and pleased that we’re seemingly making an early and concerted effort to secure Nani.

I can only go off what I’ve seen of him whilst watching Goalissimo since the turn of the year but from the highlights they’ve shown he seems to have very good on the ball ability, can go past a man and seems to have a decent shot from range on him as well. His passing I can’t really comment on other than to say his short game seems fine, but then based on the stats the Sporting researcher has given him on FM and reading the odd random press report about him none of this will be a surprise for a player who is regarded as being really promising. Is he in the Portugal U21 squad for the Euro’s? Would be a good opportunity to gauge where he's at development wise if he is.

If we can get Hargreaves and Nani secured by the middle of June I’ll be very pleased with how proactive the club have been to build upon last season’s success, and if we can secure a top level striker who can replace Saha by the end of July it’ll be even better, and for me its Fernando Torres who should be pursued.

I think Torres' style would fit in well with us, he needs a move at this stage IMO, the likes of Eto'o will probably have a very prohibitive cost, & I can’t say from what I’ve seen that I think Huntelaar is ready to make the step to one of the big leagues. Another year as Ajax’s main striker and some CL experience next season if they qualify would probably do him more good than making a move this summer. Definite potential but as I understand it there was a long mid-season stretch where his form was heavily criticized and the goals dried up so some more time establishing himself and developing consistency at the level he’s already at will mark him down as a player ready to move on and excel elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived