The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

i hate leeds </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yet you wanted them promoted, even given how many years forward that would have put them on their financial recovery plan?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait a min, the shirt is going to be unveiled during the tour of South Africa. Therefore, all the players will be away, and the rest will be on post world cup holidays, so therefore, it has to be new signings modeling it, as there will be nobody else left \0/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Injury problems? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's always been talk that his body was struggling with the demands of his game for the last few seasons, hence his decline. I believe Tony Adams said the same thing himself.

Perhaps injury problems is overstating it, as it seems to be something chronic rather than immediate, but it seems to ring true from his performances.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

"Spark" icon_biggrin.gif It might as well have been a dead man talking.

So desparate :*******) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desperate as well dude

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Why do we have so many morons lately supporting United?

mentioning no names markggoodguyelmonzoolipepper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure which is worse - being put in the same category as those other two or getting labelled a moron by someone of BBB's calibre. icon_frown.gif

If Torres was to be signed, where would Rossi fit into the team in the future? Rooney and Torres would be first choice pairing up front I'd think so that would leave no place for Rossi unless he takes an attacking midfield position (but this requires some strength to help with defensive responsibilities in a 4-4-2) or either of the above do (highly unlikely I know)? Or then again he might be sold off to a team like Soton for a couple of million to ease the Glazer debt of course...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Using old Arsenal formations I see. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arsenal used 9-0-1 after going 1-0 up

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

What Scatter said AND if there was a genuine sign that Corinthians were willing to sell I’d imagine that some of the other big boys would have come a sniffing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's got that much cash to splash, besides Chelsea who already have enough/too many central midfielders?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">'Perhaps it is the cavalier amounts of money Chelsea have been spending which has upped the ante because the asking prices these days have soared to ridiculously high levels.

'It is as if the thinking is that if Chelsea can afford such and such, then we can expect Manchester United to pay through the nose as well.

'But it has got to the point where you can only take so much and I want to make it clear that we are not going to be taken for mugs.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a swipe at kenyonomics or crying poor about the transfer budget? or both?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I remember Taz being lynched for slating Park after 45mins of his first pre-season game icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Deserved far worse than lynching

Just reading about Rossi now - very surprised as you can't be sure he would get very many more games than he would get at United.

As for this being an indication that someone is lined up to sign tomorrow, I can see that argument but I wouldn't be sure. If Trezeguet is in the wings then I would be disappointed (like most others it seems).

Watch this window icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Can't recall you chaps telling us of Bardsley's free kick skills...? icon_cool.gif

Was even conducting us as we sung 'Who the f... are Man Utd' after he scored...! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

just let him get on with it ffs icon_biggrin.gif

nobody listens to Fergie anymore </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB's patience with Ferguson getting more and more strained.

How many more matches before he somehow gets down to the dugout and throws his season ticket into Fergusons face?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha icon_biggrin.gif

yeah it's next to the telly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Throw it out and your debt doubles icon_mad.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

right lads, just doing updating the stats after wednesday's horror-show - any common conscensus on who was to blame for their winner? i know allback beat gaby to prod it in, but i'd say whoever left hutchinson free to head towards goal has to take the bulk of the blame - looked like silvestre to me, others have said o'shea. thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

charlie nicholas saying we have no players who look for the short passes in midfield :**)

idiot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, thats why we wont win the cl apparently. all our midfielders want to get forward too often. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Giggs really underrated? Everyone I know sees him as the outstanding playerr of the batch United had come through, and that pretty much makes him as highly rated as anyone in europe in the last 10 years, barring your Zidanes really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

going back to this - i think we were all implying that giggsy was underrated by united fans, rather than the world of football in general. i think we all have a tendency to take him for granted at times. he's been in the team since i was 9 ffs, i'm 24 now icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meant to reply to Rats this morning, what I meant was basically what Nick said, but in particular United fans on OTF and in this thread.

Anyway, yeah I know little more about the match than the score so will catch FF later.

And what ACou said ofc, 3pts. I don't think that we can win the title anymore than I did in August, but as Mart said, great to see us competing past September.

Was in Opus in Manchester last night & a little tipsy. Went for a pish & when in the toilets two guys were talking about the champions league draw. Both were scousers & were going on about how they had a better chance this year than when they won it. Basically being giddy & annoying. for some reason without turning around to check how big they were I just blurted out 'But you will never win a treble'.

Luckily they ween't very big & I then had to point out the 'treble' they won wasn't a proper one.

Scousers invading my drinking spots icon_mad.gif

In other news I also saw a picture of my mates fully erect penis through no fault of my own icon_frown.gif There wasn't even a lovely lady impaled on it either.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

United want treble repeat

Jesus Christ they're all at it.

He's right about not letting our attitude slip though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was first, iirc. icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Ryan not allowed to celebrate when Saha scores the winner in the Champions League final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he wont celebrate anyway he'll be too busy mourning ruud

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fergie: Foster to edge out Robbo

By James Pearson - Created on 28 Jan 2007

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is tipping Ben Foster to replace Paul Robinson as England's number one.

The Spurs keeper, who has 29 caps to his name, is currently Steve McClaren's first-choice while Foster is yet to make an international appearance.

However, Ferguson believes Foster has the talent to do a job for his country and has also confirmed he will be back at Old Trafford next season.

The 23-year-old is currently in his second season-long loan spell with Watford, but will vie for the starting job with The Red Devils after the summer.

"Ben will be England's next goalkeeper - if not very soon," explained Ferguson.

"I get a report on him every month from Adrian Boothroyd. It covers everything - Ben's form, training and development.

"He will come back to us next season. Bringing him here from Stoke was fantastic." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Up yours to whoever said we should sell him the other week. icon_cool.gif

• 1 month later...

Are our next 4 games all on TV lads?:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Liverpool Premiership 1245pm Sky

Lille Champions League 1945pm Sky

Middlesbro' FA Cup 1730pm BBC

Bolton Premiership 1245pm Sky

</pre>

I know the first two are for certain but I've just seen the k.o. times for the latter two and wondered if my assumptions were correct.

Now lets see if I can code properly...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LibertineFM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude0007:

Who should united buy in summer

bale too replace giggs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly I've never known Bale to play left midfield or Giggs to play left back so I doubt United would sign Bale to replace Giggs.

Secondly why would you replace Giggs now? He's in form and definatly got a couple of years left in him.

Thirdly we don't need another left back.

Fourthly I think Bale has been a little over hyped through the press. Never going to be able to get ahead of Evra, Heinze and Silvestre in our starting line up.

Fithly why buy another left back when there's other positions that need strengthening desperatly? Need another striker, central midfielder and possibly cover for Gary Neville.

icon14.gif

(sorry if it sounds like Im ranting, I've just got home from work, need to let off some steam) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gaby's almost certainly off, wouldn't surprise anyone if mickey left too. bale is an attacking left-back who could very conceivably play left midfield, and giggs DOES need replacing. not saying get rid of him, but he can't play left wing every week and there's no-one else to play there when he goes through his inevitable form troughs.

• 3 weeks later...

gtf homo hair u ****.

wouldnt be surprised if foster isnt made number 1 from the start last season, vds losing his marbles and ability to either a) catch a ball, b) punch a ball to any where else but the 6 yard line. gtf.

Ole such a shadow of his former self too, felt a bit sorry for him stuck out on the wing. ronaldo completely dead on his feet too.

ffs. **** off homo hair.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Scholes didn't get a yellow card. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>absolute certainty to get booked in Milan /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought. Another missed final for Scholesy.

Unless . . . but that would be silly tactics.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

yeah I'm more than aware who Real Madrid's manager is but given Valdano's connections to Madrid and the fact he seems to be speaking on behalf of them, I can make that link.

ta though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not speaking on behalf of Madrid, he's speaking on behalf of himself.

Gonch i will see you there. Not that i will know who you are mind icon_biggrin.gif I will be in a black jacket (not much help at a united away) quite small and look young

What will touts be looking to charge tonight and where would i find them Juni?

I did Chelsea once before (with a ticket) and security seemed quite poor no checks before turnstile no segragation with fans after the game ect

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived