The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's hardly been flavour of the month over the past couple of seasons anyway, getting stick from away fans or at away games would hardly be a new thing for him. He's generally done his utmost to ram the taunts back down people's throats (the JJB last season was particularly enjoyable). I don't buy that he's running scared, it's just a convenient excuse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rage1999:

it is a lie,

one stupid fat **** on redissue spouts a load of **** and everyone believes him.

pathetic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Like for him to cut himself shaving or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, or getting to the supermarket checkout and realising he's left his wallet at home, that kind of thing

• 2 weeks later...

oh yeh, this ronaldo 'winker' stuff so cringeworthy. he winked, who cares? also wasn't it chelsea defender ricardo carvalho who was supposedly kicked in the balls by rooney, rolled around on the floor and then within seconds was back up on his feet again? OMG lampard and carvalho can never play in the same team again!!1

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Fortune wfbbbb, he would've been perfect icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And injured icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

To be honest Hoves, although I want England to win, they don't even register on my radar in comparison to Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's basically how I am.

Obviously not with Arsenal... but

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just come in from work and seen the highlights of what is a bad result.

Its difficult to tell from highlights but we look to have just been off the mark in terms of making chances count, the penalty decision was probably right but could have gone either way, but on the whole Reading looked like they had some fight about them.

Again from the highlights its difficult to tell overall performances but Ronaldo looked like he was threatening their back four all game and got the game saving goal so he gets MOM and Scholes probably looked more involved than anyone else for us so he gets 2nd.

MOM: Cristiano Ronaldo

2nd: Paul Scholes

Can't really judge much on anyone else's performance but Rooney looked to be up for it so thats positive and it was good to see Gabby and Vidic back, especially the latter with Wes' somewhat questionable form.

I've not read the match thread or anyone elses posts so it'll be interesting to see what the more informed view of the game is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

My own personal commentary for the Richardson goal went something along the lines of "Pass the ball Kieran, fooking pass it yo uaren't that good, don't yo udare shoot..... yo ulucky fooking bastard icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is EXACTLY how my in-brain commentary went icon_biggrin.gif

Desperate for him to lay it off. Then annoyed he shot. Then actually significantly annoyed he fluked it in. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt_e:

Hands up who had 'that feeling' for the penalty? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o/

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Sensible for me, remember the stick Nicky Butt got from the Newcastle fans for talking to the United lads in the Cup Semi? They've never forgiven him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nicky Butt played for us that day iirc? he was awful but surrounded by other bodies of equal or worse awfulness. Such a fun game.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Wigan

Blackburn

West Ham

Villa

Newcastle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus, you must be skint - I bet the presents you have bought for people for Christmas are ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All Martin's friends are contained within his laptop.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Does Scholesy not have a European Cup winners medal anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No cause he was suspended with Keano. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really?????? Was he???????????

What I meant was that do UEFA not award squad members who have played a certain number of games in the competition medals regardless of whether they were in the final (a la World Cups and European Championships).

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

The cheeky little runt basically said i want to do a swap so i can get another spurs ticket

useless git

i demanded a away for this later in the season he went quiet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you want to go to fulham? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well when i said it was ok for the swap for the spurs one (not that he offered me the spurs ticket mind!!! or even said who it was for) i had kind of forgotten i have the friday off work so my excuse for not going due to the 12:45pm KO and a early start not being my cup of tea was a bit of a **** up

would prefer another away tbh chelsea would be nice when we win the title there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if he's not swapped the ticket yet by all means have it yourself - i can't really afford to go to Spurs, it was nice of Mart to try and do the swap but he should have checked.

only way i can afford to go would be if i sold my ps2. if he's already swapped it i might do that.

Well yeah if we go 4-5-1 and do an Arsenal I'll rage, but we'll cross that bridge when and if we come to it.

It's definitely winnable, but then Chelsea will have said the same before losing there this season so anything could happen. Like you say I just hope we don't mess around.

Would be a good game to win this, psychologically, as I feel it's one of the real tough games left and it would be one more chalked off the list. If we do drop points though, it's where those dropped points at Arsenal/Newcastle come back to haunt us as we'll have Chelsea breathing right down our necks again, when we really should be further clear.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

23 ffs numbnuts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't be :S He's just hit 23 on our FM Clan Game...were like 4 years in....maybe a diff lad icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Mika, without wanting to be seen as **** stirring (I genuinely can't remember) did you ever decided which you'd prefer - United winning the league or Hendry winning the World Championship?

I know which one I think's more likely after the jammy draw today...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

btw lads i am 40 points clear at the top of the fantasy league with 1 game to go, could complete a triumphant double tomorrow icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Athletico Theis has been busting a gut over the past couple of months to catch up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Cristiano Ronaldo - Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year, United Players' Player of the Year, PFA Player of the Year, PFA Young Player of the Year, PFA Fans' Player of the Year, FWA Footballer of the Year, Portuguese Footballer of the Year. all that remains is to add the United Thread Player of the Year award icon_cool.gif

you c**ts will probably vote for Richardson now just to spite me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too right. Not to spite you though.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived