The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Cristiano Ronaldo says Manchester United have the belief to win both The Premiership and UEFA Champions League this season.

After failing to challenge for the domestic title in recent campaigns, United are sitting top of the table ahead of champions Chelsea.

And, after finishing bottom of their Champions League group 12 months ago, The Red Devils are in a position to qualify as section winners this term.

Portuguese winger Ronaldo puts the turnaround down to a change in belief and now feels the club are playing superior football to Chelsea.

"I believe it is possible to win all the big competitions and, no, this is not madness," Ronaldo told the News of the World.

"If you analyse the performances of our team today we are getting all the best results and that's what all the experts in the game are saying.

"This season United have recaptured the spirit that made us champions over the years.

"I look at the matches of our rivals in The Premiership and nobody is superior to Manchester United. Not even Chelsea, for all their fame and the success in the last few years.

"I am convinced it is possible for us to win The Premiership and Champions League if we stick to the same mentality.

"Now we believe that we will be champions, while last season we played only for second place. This is the great difference."

Ronaldo also revealed Sir Alex Ferguson persuaded him to stay at Old Trafford in the summer, after he became a target for fans for his role in England's World Cup exit.

He added: "As for me, the key is Sir Alex Ferguson. He always helps with his advice and I am grateful to him.

"He was the reason I stayed with United after the summer. I'm glad I did. I want United to be champions again and I will give 100 percent to make it happen." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SAF has his uses after all.

Good round up Mika, although you can save your Fletcher smugness for when the lad's played consistently well for more than 2 and a half games...

I loved our win this weekend. Had such a feel of a 1-1 game all the second half, so I was ridiculously surprised and a tad giddy when Rooney popped in the second. And then I laughed and laughed and laughed when Ronnie missed the easiest chance I've probably ever seen a United player miss (certainly worse than the Giggs v Arsenal one from 02/03, although I remember Ferdinand missing from about a yard against City that season as well).

We won't beat Chelsea mind.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And wasn't it O'Shea who missed against City? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah you're right. Rio missed against someone else, they compared it on the DVD.

Perhaps I was being too harsh on Fletcher. I'll say 3 games then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Would rather have team of Scousers playing for us than Ronaldo at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jeez icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And wasn't it O'Shea who missed against City? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah you're right. Rio missed against someone else, they compared it on the DVD.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that's how I remembered it icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Would rather have team of Scousers playing for us than Ronaldo at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jeez icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*resists obvious linkage*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

Yeah so basically i turned down 2 Chelsea tickets for a girl who's stayin wit me next weekend. Now i feel like it's the worst decision i've ever made icon_frown.gif Its the first home game i've missed this season as well. Really really hope it's a **** game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Linkage. Just so much linkage demanded right this very minute. Let the thread judge just how much of a twat you've been icon_smile.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

Yeah so basically i turned down 2 Chelsea tickets for a girl who's stayin wit me next weekend. Now i feel like it's the worst decision i've ever made icon_frown.gif Its the first home game i've missed this season as well. Really really hope it's a **** game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Linkage. Just so much linkage demanded right this very minute. Let the thread judge just how much of a twat you've been icon_smile.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh and to clarify, IF she looks like Elisha Cuthbert then you've only made a slightly bad decision.

Have you left Belfast?

Actually looking at my comment, I think I covered myself well enough with the 'at the moment' part. I'd have to say though that even a team of Scousers would have missed that chance on Saturday.

You know if a Sunday tabloid published a story about some Scouser cheating on his bird, they will get done for libel, as no Scouser can score away from home at the moment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Have you left Belfast? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, at uni in Manchester.

I know i've made a dumb choice but i've already blown her off 2 weekends in a row. She wouldn't go to the match either. I'm gonna be in such a bad mood next weekend that i won't even have a good time wit her and she'll totally blow me off.

Bet you all thought you couldn't hate me anymore after taking 3 girls to the Copenhagen match cause they wanted to see Rio and then giving my extra Liverpool ticket to my best mate who was a scouser. Got 12 tickets to Benfica though and everyone of them is going to a United fan!

Linkage. Just so much linkage demanded right this very minute. Let the thread judge just how much of a twat you've been icon_smile.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't have linkage. Only got with the girl once when i was down in Lancaster a few weeks ago visiting a friend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Is that an attempt to scare me? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif didn't think of it like that. The guy from Brixton claims he's a gangster back home but he's really not...he got chucked out of 42nd Street the other week for throwin up on the dance floor after 4 pints! But yeah just watch your back icon_mad.gif

Originally Posted by LH_88 View Post

'Oh every single one of us, is shagging Paddy's wife'

'If you've shagged Paddys wife clap your hands'

'Dirty Bitch, Dirty Bitch' (Murderers)

'Where's your Wife when you are here'

'Paddy Paddy wheres your wife'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

ANyone want a spare for the Benfica game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Talking of spares, what are the chances of some of you good fellas getting me a ticket if I decide to go and see United in the league some time early next year?

Archived