The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Yes. Something like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also liked the capitalisation of the word Thread. We're not just any thread on the board. We're the Thread.

And wp James...

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

byebecks - which branch are you a member of? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

George Best Caryduff MUSC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume the club are aware that the branch secretary is obviously handing out tickets in a completely uncontrolled manner? Including allowing non-United fans into home areas? If not, they soon will be icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well considering i have to collect the tickets from the chairman before the game with the other people who are going with me i don't think it really matters.

Don't see why you should really care when they're all United fans apart from one who was my best mate, wore a United scarf and kept his mouth shut the whole game and only went cause he had never been to a Premiership match before because he come's from Belfast.

Branch members are allowed to apply for tickets for friends and family and that's all i'm doing so there's no problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

You'll be happy to know that i am goin to the Chelsea game now and i'll just have to tell her that she needs to leave on Sunday mornin icon14.gif Doubt it'll go down well but it needs to be done!

Got 3 Chelsea tickets and 6 Everton tickets this mornin as well as my 12 Benfica tickets! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me a Chelsea ticket. I know where you live.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Who does this spare Benfica ticket belong to that Martin is trying to flog? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm currently going so it aint mine

Don't see why you should really care when they're all United fans apart from one who was my best mate, wore a United scarf and kept his mouth shut the whole game and only went cause he had never been to a Premiership match before because he come's from Belfast.

Branch members are allowed to apply for tickets for friends and family and that's all i'm doing so there's no problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 2nd part is ********.

You think it's fair that plenty of members like Coldberg don't get tickets in the ballot yet you're able to hand out tickets to who the **** you like? Someone at your SC is abusing the system. Most of the branches I know are stuggling for tickets this season.

Look, i don't know what way it works. I ask a guy for tickets and he contacts people and gets them for me if he can. I've known the guy for years as he's best mates with my dad so he does me a favour. The tickets are not from the supporters clubs allocation cause they use all these or else there would be little point getting extra tickets as for games such as Wigan on boxing day they would loose money cause people won't travel from Northern Ireland. He gets tickets off friends and gets them for me. For instance, for the Benfica game i asked him for tickets and he applied on my behalf, not through the supporters club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

You'll be happy to know that i am goin to the Chelsea game now and i'll just have to tell her that she needs to leave on Sunday mornin icon14.gif Doubt it'll go down well but it needs to be done!

Got 3 Chelsea tickets and 6 Everton tickets this mornin as well as my 12 Benfica tickets! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me a Chelsea ticket. I know where you live. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm i'll let you know as soon as i can if i've got a spare, i doubt it though.

I've got a couple of Chelsea supporting mates who have first dibs icon_wink.gif

Give me a Chelsea ticket. I know where you live. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm i'll let you know as soon as i can if i've got a spare, i doubt it though.

I've got a couple of Chelsea supporting mates who have first dibs icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You probably aren't joking which is the worrying thing icon_frown.gif

So, are we expecting an unchanged team for tomorrow night or will SAF be unable to resist the urge to rest 3 or 4 prior to Chelsea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before saturday, i'd have said the Sheff Utd game was a guarantee for him to have a tinker, with two such big games coming up. So now it's a question of seeing whether he's thinking more don't make changes unless you have to, or whether he's making the league the bigger priority.

With regard to the Wigan game, will nyone not be going seeing as it's on boxing day? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me ofc

cant remember if fatty asked for it but as he never pays on time you can have it if you want it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

perhaps it would be best for Thread users not to brag about the number of tickets they have acquired for different games, if the means that they were acquired and the further distribution of said tickets are somewhat questionable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be a good idea. I wasn't braggin though, i was just sayin that i managed to get tickets after the abuse i got last night. If i ever have any spare, i'll gladly offer them to people on OTF.

Don't think i got off to the best start with people in this thread icon_wink.gif Maybe we can all just start again and hopefully become best of friends!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

With regard to the Wigan game, will nyone not be going seeing as it's on boxing day? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me ofc

cant remember if fatty asked for it but as he never pays on time you can have it if you want it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

perhaps it would be best for Thread users not to brag about the number of tickets they have acquired for different games, if the means that they were acquired and the further distribution of said tickets are somewhat questionable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be a good idea. I wasn't braggin though, i was just sayin that i managed to get tickets after the abuse i got last night. If i ever have any spare, i'll gladly offer them to people on OTF.

Don't think i got off to the best start with people in this thread icon_wink.gif Maybe we can all just start again and hopefully become best of friends! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just buy some beer and go to the wall. You'll placate the most prominent Thread users that way. Maybe don't bring your scouse mate though.

Alternatively, find out who Wakey is and bring him to the wall. Then you look amazing by comparison.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

me ofc

cant remember if fatty asked for it but as he never pays on time you can have it if you want it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorted

fatty can **** off then with his non/late payments for tickets

oh icon_frown.gif was just going to say I have a significant number of tickets for the Chelsea game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Rooney just on Blue Peter was asked

Champions League or World Cup

He said Champions League icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fb icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

haha, I find it hilarious that I've outnumbered my Irish compatriot snipersdream in round-up inclusions, despite him having about 40 posts for every one I made in that period. icon_cool.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although, tbh, quality >>>>>> quantity.

Adu is here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">American teenage prodigy Freddy Adu has started a two-week trial with Premiership leaders Manchester United.

Adu, 17, was allowed to attend by MLS club DC United, but will not be able to play in a competitive match as he does not have a work permit.

Chelsea are reported to have rejected the chance to sign Adu, who is the youngest-ever USA international.

Despite his reputation, Adu trained with United's academy players at their Carrington training ground.

Ghana-born Adu was 16 when he made his international debut for the USA in a friendly against Canada.

United are thought to be keen to arrange a match behind close doors at some point during Adu's stay.

Earlier this month, boss Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed United would be keen on signing Adu if he could prove himself.

Ferguson said: "I think we would be interested, he's only young but we have known of him for a long time.

"We tried to get him here some years ago but he signed for DC United and that stopped the progress of us keeping tabs on him."

Earlier this year Adu's agent Richard Motzkin claimed he had held talks with both United and Chelsea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Adu was training with the youngsters, so wouldn't show up in the First Team training photos </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fergie is making him train with the under-19s icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

fb icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Undoubtedly already discussed, but he kissed the badge on Saturday as well.

HERE FOR LIFE icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

fb icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Undoubtedly already discussed, but he kissed the badge on Saturday as well.

HERE FOR LIFE icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah noticed that

:**)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I think he'll stay for the rest of his career unless United become as **** as Liverpool icon_biggrin.gif. But for the record about kissing the badge... what about the 'Once a blue, always a blue' vest. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we were wearing blue tbf.

I think someone at the ticket office hates me tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ditto

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Scholes considered England return

Paul Scholes has revealed that he considered returning to international duty after England boss Steve McClaren approached him about a possible comeback.

The Reds' midfielder announced his retirement from the international scene in August 2004, explaining that he wanted to spend more time with his young family.

His excellent form for United this season prompted an invitation from McClaren to return to the England fold. But Scholes, who won 66 caps and scored 14 goals for his country, twice turned the former United coach down.

The man himself insists he thought long and hard about McClaren's proposals - one in the summer and one last month - but in the end declined the offer.

"It wasn't a straight forward decision," revealed Scholes ahead of United's Champions League clash with Celtic. "I thought about it for a while but then decided against it and felt that I didn't need to go back.

"It was very flattering to be asked but I'd made my mind up."

Sir Alex Ferguson backed Scholes' decision adding: "Knowing Paul as well as I do, I think he did the right thing. He values time with his family and it's not easy when you get into your thirties because playing for England involves alot of travelling all over Europe.

"International football today doens't just involve two or three matches. Players can be away for around eight or nine days at a time when they have two matches close together.

"There are also some many games to play when you eventually get to World Cup and the European Championships, so there is a lot of football for international players," added the Reds' boss. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wp james, about time someone cracked down on this bo11ocks.

omgz he's never been to a game, so what? the likes of Coldberg who go week in week out when they can get tickets, then you get people like you who get as many as they want, giving them to a scouser ffs.

shambolic.

Archived