The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

byebecks - maybe you should try and give one of those tickets to the United researcher for FM, maybe that way he'll get to a game and actually rate the players correctly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You dont need to watch them when you can give the editor to Redcafe and get them to rate the players for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Mart - thought you were going to mock Jonny with his quip about tickets being easy to get this season when he turned down the opportunity for a season ticket? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I had known it would be this much of a shambles I would have got one.

How was I to know the TO would screw people over & over this season?

Of all the games I applied to this season I have only got Celtic & that was after a second ballot when 'spares' were found to be available.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

What players were given inaccurate ratings on FM? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick is going to come in & give you an essay now icon_frown.gif

Basically reserves who have been with the club years were given the standard random ratings eve nthough they play week i nweek out & it's obvious their skills.

Also a player still in the database who left years ago I think icon_biggrin.gif

A post from red issue which makes my away tickets point perfectly valid

Me and 3 of my mates are flying to Glasgow from Dublin early morning.

It;s my first Man U 'European away' game and my mates reckon I'm in for a treat.

So, a few question for this away day virgin.

* Where are you all meeting for a drink?

* Will Pete Boyle be there? I met him in Ireland a while ago and he was a top red. I learned a load of songs from him and even got his autograph

* What can I expect from fellow reds? Are you all friendly or is it going to be moody as ****?

* And will it be ok to wear a half and half scarf? Half Man U half Celtic obviously

Cheers lads. I'm looking forward to it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

getting boyle's autograph icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf my Mum knows his name having heard him on radio 2 t'other day. And if my Mum's heard of you, you're either a bona fide celebrity or someone in Malvern with mental health difficulties*.

*she's a social worker, see.

oh get fecked, I'm not from Manchester, I don't claim to be an úber red.

The guy is clearly a knobhead, Pete Boyles autograph, jesus christ almighty.

It's a joke that it's his first euro away and lads that have been going for years NOT ME get chubbed and end up forking out for tickets from a tout don't get tickets, tits like that do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh get fecked, I'm not from Manchester, I don't claim to be an úber red.

The guy is clearly a knobhead, Pete Boyles autograph, jesus christ almighty.

It's a joke that it's his first euro away and lads that have been going for years NOT ME get chubbed and end up forking out for tickets from a tout don't get tickets, tits like that do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know the lad in question hasn't gone through a tout?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

he's said so on the board </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK. Not having a go like, just wasn't made clear in your post.

On the subject of Villa, I may be able to lay my hands on some home stand tickets if anyone's interested...

It's a joke that it's his first euro away and lads that have been going for years NOT ME get chubbed and end up forking out for tickets from a tout don't get tickets, tits like that do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know how the person got his ticket? Could be a member of a supporters club and this is the first time he's been able to go to a Euro away? I know a mate who is going to his first Ashes test later this week, and he was like a kid on christmas day at the weekend when he was flying out there, but he's not a jcl to cricket, but its just the first time he's been able to go to an Ashes test, should he not be able to go just because someone who's been to every day of an Ashes Test for the last 20 years hasn't?

Obviously the other points you raised about him probably are right and that he's a knobhead.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Follow, follow, follow.......

We will stop singing that song after Tuesday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doubtful. The way that Murderers and Steve Gerrard keep getting sung it'll be on the hymn sheet for years.

Pete Boyle is that man who writes songs and articles on the back page of the RI right? Why would you ever want his autograph? I think it'll be easier to get tickets for Villa than usual away games as Villa are pretty generous with the 3,600 and its near to Crimbo so people may think "Ah **** it!". (Well I hope anyway).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

United fans should have to pass a test before they are allowed to become one united members. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Along the lines of what exactly?

Q. Are you ignorant enough to believe that joining up to this hugely oversubscribed membership scheme will enable you to actually get your hands on any tickets?

A. Yes

Well done, you're in.

Surely part of the debate on the ticket debacle should be aimed at how the touts got the tickets in the first place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be good if the TO actually cared but they don't care at all. I sent an email detailing every single ticket on ebay and nothing.

Don't be daft ali, you can have a PADDED SEAT icon_eek.gif for £50! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT? icon_eek.gif

Screw the boycott lads, I'm back in. Meet you in the megastore by the Ryan Giggs duvets this Sunday. I'll be the one in the jester hat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Don't forget air horns icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I went to Carling Cup final last season, I swear 10000000000 people must of had them stupid things. They are incredibly annoying!! icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Don't forget air horns icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I went to Carling Cup final last season, I swear 10000000000 people must of had them stupid things. They are incredibly annoying!! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me about it.

Archived