The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

ahaha what an abortion of a match

and I dont care how overused the term is

it was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holocaust IIRC.

I know Saha's miss was bad and everything but be fair, it's the first he's missed for us I think? He's scored the rest he has taken this season.

Had an off night though, could just see as he was standing there that he was going to miss it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt_e:

Hands up who had 'that feeling' for the penalty? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt_e:

Hands up who had 'that feeling' for the penalty? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I know Saha's miss was bad and everything but be fair, it's the first he's missed for us I think? He's scored the rest he has taken this season.

Had an off night though, could just see as he was standing there that he was going to miss it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye. The only other time I've ever had such a strong feeling we'd miss was Ruud against Arsenal. I hate shorter run ups. From the edge of the D, always.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Had an off night though, could just see as he was standing there that he was going to miss it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, he wasn't at his best but fact remains that he CANNOT SCORE from a one on one with the goalkeeper. We need a cool finisher.

And why doesn't Rooney take the penalties? Or Giggs?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

iirc we'll win Sunday.

FACT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This prediction brought to you by Owen Hargreaves in a United shirt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Oh, and we aren't qualifying for the next round. I'm so sure that I'm about to stick £50 on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_redface.gif

REVENGE for tonight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

please I think now is the time to stop jinxing us.

Even Ant and Dec f**king rubbing it in about Celtic on I'm a Celebrity ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macallan:

True, he wasn't at his best but fact remains that he CANNOT SCORE from a one on one with the goalkeeper. We need a cool finisher.

And why doesn't Rooney take the penalties? Or Giggs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ronnie should take them icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Benfica on ahigh after battering Copenhagen.. us on a low after losing this and our lead in the Premiership after defeat to Chelsea.. our season could be over in 2 weeks time \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

great innit

We'll qualify I think but it was just so obvious what was going to happen tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so f**king true

that first half was a shambles because we just treated it like a training match that didnt need to be won

and second half we just got caught cold by Celtic ACTUALLY putting some effort in plus some awful/non-existant performances from the attackers except Ronaldo

and it was so clear theyd somehow nick a goal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Oh, and it may have not been mentioned in this Thread yet but... WHAT THE MERRY **** WAS LOUIS SAHA TRYING TO DO SCOOPING IT OVER THE BLOODY KEEPER WHEN HE WAS ONE ON ****ING ONE?!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he thought he was offside. basically passed the ball (and knew he was doing it) to the keeper.

then turned around.. saw no flag... head in his hands... twat

Oh, and it may have not been mentioned in this Thread yet but... WHAT THE MERRY **** WAS LOUIS SAHA TRYING TO DO SCOOPING IT OVER THE BLOODY KEEPER WHEN HE WAS ONE ON ****ING ONE?!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ruud would have buried it

Well that was **** wasn't it? that's what happens when you play the 433/451 , tons of possesion in first half and nothing to show for it, in second half nowhere near the same confidence once Celtic got tighter in the middle of the park. Saha was absolutely useless tonight, he just didn't look the same player as two weeks ago. Giggs had a good first 45 and then was **** in second half, Ronaldo was the exact opposite and got better as the game went on. Another thing when are we going to get better at set pieces? Think we had about 6/7 corners tonight and 3/4 freekicks in dangerous area's and I dont think we troubled their keeper once.

MoM: Carrick - The game suited him and tried to break up the Celtic play (more so in the 2nd half).

2nd: Rooney - Difficult game for Wayne to get into but showed some flashes of brilliance and on another day would of created one or two goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

NOT <STRIKE>GOOD</STRIKE> CLINICAL ENOUGH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fixed. our quality of possession and all round play was far better than celtic on their own patch. just need SOME kind of attacking alternatives.

wtf are evra and o'shea coming on at 1-0 down? oh yes thats right richardson was our only attacking sub. bring back rossi ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

ruud would have buried it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

like he buried his last minute penalty tonight :**)

oh

To be honest I didn't particularly expect us to win tonight and I just knew all these people saying that it would be an easy win and how we were going to crush them would get a wakeup call.

We just have a big problem away from home in Europe atm, despite the Benfica result. Not sure how much is down to our attitude and approach and how much down to tactics, probably a mix of the two.

We started off nicely, passing it around and quietening the crowd, but didn't seem to move on from there. I felt that we needed to score during the first half while we were on top or we wouldn't at all. So it proved to be unfortunately. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnzy:

Popped in to say unlucky - you wernt the best but played better than celtic. And Saha is a useless lazy bar steward </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe while you're here you should watch a few videos to see saha's workrate, if not kindly **** off

FFs

I just knew saha was gonna miss when he put the ball down. ronnie as mentioned should hav taken it. saha although he has had a good season was awful- how did he miss the other gilt-edged chance? icon_mad.gif

also it wasn't a foul leading up to the free-kick imo referee was been put under pressure by fans and celtic players before hesisitating gave it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

this is not the first time this season this has happened.....LS is **** in 1 on 1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

oh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the one on one you moron, not the penalty. They're a lottery. the one on one isn't and ruud would have buried that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

oh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the one on one you moron, not the penalty. They're a lottery. the one on one isn't and ruud would have buried that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so would denis law in his prime. so what

Because Saha hasn't scored a single one-on-one the whole season? He's had about 13-14 chances.

so ruud would have buried it. since Law is long gone, it's clearly more relevant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh whatever. neither of them play for us anymore so its an equally pointless statement. everyone knows ruud is far better than saha at one on ones and the like

Saha was just crap all game though. I'm equally angry that everyone else just sat back and let him take the pen that would blatantly not go in.

Mainly angry with the way we were set out though.. Rooney and Giggs both completely non existant in the second half. Just realise their best positions Fergie ffs

Archived