The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

At least we'll still be playing European Football after Xmas this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a friendly?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Not seen the penalty but it sounded harsh on the radio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really hope you meant that in a jokey way

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Peno was harsh tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not you as well /O\

Why was it harsh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive not seen the replay but initally looked harsh, ball smashed at him, looked like he hardly made a deliberate attempt to stop it.

ronaldo hits free-kick and a celtic player raises his hands to block the ball (it was going on target aswell)- not harsh imo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I dont even know why there's an issue with the penalty, I really dont. It was blatant :/

Think the only reason theres discussion is because at the time the (completely stupid) commentators were saying how unfair it was </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah thats wat i think. also it was given right at da end of da match with celtic holding a 1-0 lead which made it sound harsh when in reality it wasnt. im sure celtic fans wouldnt be moaning if they were given a pen for that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dangerous Dave:

your away results just aren't good enough in the cl. what's your record in the last 10 or so away from home?

performance wasn't that bad, just no cutting edge.

played worse at benfica and won though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree that our away form has been nothing short of **** but i thought we played reasonbaly well at benfica

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dangerous Dave:

your away results just aren't good enough in the cl. what's your record in the last 10 or so away from home?

performance wasn't that bad, just no cutting edge.

played worse at benfica and won though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true you know. And this is from a guy that KNOWS his bad away performances...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I dont even know why there's an issue with the penalty, I really dont. It was blatant :/

Think the only reason theres discussion is because at the time the (completely stupid) commentators were saying how unfair it was </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. On-target shot blocked in the box by an opponent's outstretched arm. It's a penalty all day long ffs. It's one you feel hard done by about because there's little the defender knew about it, but you can't stick your arm out like that.

Highlights on now, Clive w*nking about the atmosphere already \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I really hope you meant that in a jokey way </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the way it was described on the radio made it sound harsh. I've not seen any footage of the game at all (I hate not having a TV in my room). Their free kick sounded harsh aswell.

Our away form's utterly pathetic in Europe, yeah. We were poor in Benfica, and that was our only win in the last 11, the other 10 being defeats iirc?

The Copenhagen one's more annoying frankly. We were quite good tonight and got mugged. It wouldn't have mattered if we'd not been so abject in Denmark.

i was totally against the glazer family and was part of the people that protested against them. Since their takeover though things hav slowly calmed down and i think that as long as they support the team and fergie and also share fans views and united win trophies i havent got a problem with them.

just laying the trap for a potential manu legend b*llocking icon_biggrin.gif

and Clive was absolutely SHOCKING </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he wasnt that bad imo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by manu legend:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

*licks lips* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wats that supposed to mean bbb? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It means:

"Get me Lipsyl, Morgan! This boy's in for a felching of a lifetime"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

dream </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well what I was trying to say was that if you prophesied about our demise at the hands of the hooped ones, and you also prophesied the Liverpool snatching the title on GD thing, hopefully the Scouse one is the exception the proves the 'rule'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

my worst night as a United fan that, as I was there :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As was I. So so horrible.

Anyway my comment on tonight:

ARGH. A kinda Arsenal performance, dominate possession look good whilst passing but don't actually penetrate. And what a **** decision by the ref for their free kick tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Worst for me was Leverkusen, in the days before I was a cynical and pessimistic person.

Ole and Diego's misses /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

Days like that turned me cynical...

Although my worst ever ever ever day as a United fan was the 95 FA Cup final when I cried and cried and cried. I was only 11 though.

Honest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Porto easily the worst. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, as my friend said after the game "now we have a small indication of how Bayern felt in 99"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

First of all cheers for your e-mail ali, should be a big help in preparing for interviews.

Secondly 95 was pretty gutting. As a 9 yr old I just couldn't understand why we had managed to lose to Everton icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pleasure fella. Like I said, the further you get feel free to drop us a line.

I actually also cried in 2002 when we got beat 3-1 off City. And I was 18 then icon_frown.gif

Leverkusen the worst for me personally, with it being a semi I think, I really thought that we would win it that year.

Real didn't hurt, I was really proud of the team, great game at OT. Porto was up with Leverkusen, Milan...meh, expected and by last season my cynicism was in full flow.

Archived