The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

tbf Parkhead was loud last night, and most of the time OT can be like a library. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was VERY loud in the 15 minutes leading up to kick-off, nothing special for the majority of the game and then obviously manic after the goal and the penalty (but what ground wouldn't be in those circumstances?).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm watching The Bill and then Shameless \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shameless icon14.gif I used to love that program, shame they have stopped making episodes though. I think i'm going to watch Chelski.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

there's at least 2 more series of shameless on the way.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif I thought it was over forever icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a problem with the location for a while, but they've moved to a new location in Wythenshawe now. New series in the new year afaik.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Oi, Nick! Completely unrelated, but I saw in the Ashes thread you were considering your options of how to watch the test tonight - any luck yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Young BBB seems to think he has a stream

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm watching The Bill and then Shameless \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shameless ifs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you'd best not show up at the wall mate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Oi, Nick! Completely unrelated, but I saw in the Ashes thread you were considering your options of how to watch the test tonight - any luck yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it helps, I am going to be watching it at my desk at work while I am supposed to be working. icon_cool.gif

Mobile phones are fb nowadays.

As expected really:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bardsley set to come home

Phil Bardsley looks set to return to United when his loan deal with Rangers expires, but team-mate Lee Martin may remain at Ibrox beyond his current agreement.

Bardsley has barely featured for the Gers since a training ground incident with manager Paul Le Guen, and the Frenchman seems happy for the defender to return to Manchester.

Le Guen told Rangers' website: "Phil will probably go back to Manchester United in December. I'll talk with Alex Ferguson, but I think that's the best thing for him."

Martin's displays have been sporadic throughout Rangers' troubled campaign, but he revealed last week that he is keen to extend his deal at Ibrox.

Le Guen admits he needs to discuss the situation with the winger to decide the best outcome for both parties, and the next logical step.

"It really depends on what he wants to do," he said. "I know he thinks he doesn't play enough, but I will talk to him and see where we go from here." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

As expected really:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bardsley set to come home

Phil Bardsley looks set to return to United when his loan deal with Rangers expires, but team-mate Lee Martin may remain at Ibrox beyond his current agreement.

Bardsley has barely featured for the Gers since a training ground incident with manager Paul Le Guen, and the Frenchman seems happy for the defender to return to Manchester.

Le Guen told Rangers' website: "Phil will probably go back to Manchester United in December. I'll talk with Alex Ferguson, but I think that's the best thing for him."

Martin's displays have been sporadic throughout Rangers' troubled campaign, but he revealed last week that he is keen to extend his deal at Ibrox.

Le Guen admits he needs to discuss the situation with the winger to decide the best outcome for both parties, and the next logical step.

"It really depends on what he wants to do," he said. "I know he thinks he doesn't play enough, but I will talk to him and see where we go from here." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!!!

We've looked really thin at the back recently. It's really important that we've got enough cover there. Even despite this, I'd quite like Fergie to bring in someone during January, just to be sure.

for a minute yesterday i thought Fergie had done what i always do on FM - you pick your squad for a friendly, and with so many subs to pick the first four or five are defenders. you then forget to change this when it gets to a proper game with limited subs and realise you've got a bench with all the game-changing ability of Jason Lee in a coma :*(

then i realised it was actually because we have no squad \O/

yet people think the Glazers have been fine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But they have icon_confused.gif

Huge and ambitions spendings over the summer.

The Carling Cup.

Top of the league.

Padded seats.

You should watch SSN more mate.

I'd love to know just how many away tickets the one season ST holders have had.

we've applied for every game and only got Blackburn and iirc James' parents are in the loyalty pot and were chubbed for Villa.

utter shambles.

we've applied for every game and only got Blackburn and iirc James' parents are in the loyalty pot and were chubbed for Villa.

utter shambles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>tbf what did you expect? You only got your book this year didn't you? Along with thousdands of others so to get one is pretty good imo

utter shambles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in the LP, we have had at least 3 for every away, apart from Copenhagen (didn't apply) and Celtic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

utter shambles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>tbf what did you expect? You only got your book this year didn't you? Along with thousdands of others so to get one is pretty good imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fair point in a way, although I still think it's unfair that those who recently got ST's by right (i.e. through maximum applications/attendances in previous seasons) are bracketed in with one-year ST holders who could have never stepped foot inside OT before this season.

additionally, as Mart said, people in the loyalty pot like 07?'s mam and dad are getting chubbed as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

that's all people are saying as far as i can see :/

he just seems to have the odd game where he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. there was another one earlier in the season which really annoyed me, can't remember which one now and arguably the fact that these are isolated lapses rather than a general poor attitude makes it more frustrating.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it helped that Rooney was stuck out on the left for large parts of the game as well, leaving him isolated. It was also bizarre that amongst the general dross, there were a few moments of brilliance as well. One great turn that left two defenders for dead sticks in the mind, as well as that driving run where he did a great little drop off back heel. And then each time, when i thought that was him starting to come on to a game, it was back to the lethargy again.

just a thought on the squad depth issue - i know we've all had a moan about all the youngsters being sent out on loan and largely attributed it to desperate glazer cost-cutting (and i still think there's merit to that argument), but i've just been looking at the reserve fixture list and Fergie's argument that the reserve system isn't good enough has more than a ring of truth to it: even before you get into the issue of quality, now the reserve league has just 10 teams, the quantity of games is utterly ridiculous - between the Sheffield United home game on 9/11/06 to our next home game (!) on 25/1/06, we have just two reserve league games and 1/2 MSC ties. how utterly pathetic.

mainly ranting because it means much less games to get to, but it's got to make maintaining a decent size squad ridiculously hard, because unless you rotate liverpool-style (and how well that's working atm icon14.gif), there's simply no way of keeping players outside your first XI at any kind of match fitness :/

because unless you rotate liverpool-style (and how well that's working atm :thup </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll bookmark that for when Benfica beat you am I have more of a position to gloat.

Archived