The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Vidic: Best yet to come[/n]

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic is putting his form this season down to the fact he is now settled into English life.

The Serbian stopper arrived at Old Trafford in last January's transfer window from Spartak Moscow but he found it hard to immediately settle into The Premiership.

However, he now feels his up-turn in form has come after he moved into his own house and began to get to grips with the English language.

"It was very hard for me," he admits.

"When I arrived in Manchester I had not trained for 40 days because the Russian season was finished. The players were asking me every day if there was anything I needed, but it was difficult for me to communicate.

"I was living in a hotel and trying to acclimatise to a different style of football and culture.

"Everything was thrown at me at once. And on top of that I was very aware that the fans were asking, 'Who is this player?' I was unknown and people wanted to see what they were getting for £7 million. I was very aware I was under the spotlight. I had a few injuries and the first few months were very difficult.

"I am living in a house now and my English is improving, so I don't feel as detached from everything.

"I can join in with the other players. It is all helping me on the field.

"I am starting to play better and better but this is just the beginning of what I am capable of.

"I know I can still get a lot better and prove why I was brought here.

"I want to show I'm a very valuable player and I still think it will be until next season before you will see the very best of me." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

That quoting left quite a lot to be deserved for, didn't it? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bolding even.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Learn from the master Louis :**) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Ruud NEVER missed a penalty in a high pressure situation icon14.gif

If we're talking mastery of penalties, then Monsieur Cantona is surely les testicules du chien.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Jonny if you're that arsed then you'd queue outside the ticket office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have some kind of chest aids. I am not standing in the cold any longer than is needed.

As for the season ticket comment. Well last season I only struggled with a ticket for Liverpool. This season I wasn't to know the ticket office would totally implode & only give tickets to daytrippers/schoolkids/asianswhoonlywanttoseeParkplay.

I hate the TO & will possibly firebomb it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

That quoting left quite a lot to be deserved for, didn't it? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bolding even. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll survive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Learn from the master Louis :**) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Ruud NEVER missed a penalty in a high pressure situation icon14.gif

If we're talking mastery of penalties, then Monsieur Cantona is surely les testicules du chien. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apart from against arsenal and boro ofc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was kinda my point. Perhaps a huge giant neon sign with the word SARCASM flashing on and off would be in order?

Cantona icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Probably still season tickets available in tier 3 actually icon_biggrin.gif

mon half season season tickets, PLEASE icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont even say it icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

ohhh did I miss some sarcasm their? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Terrible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, probably what it will feel like at 4 tommorow when you're sat at home playing with yourself and listening to 105.4 because you couldn't get a ticket :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why exactly would I be playing with myself whilst listening to the radio?

The game is on tv anyway.

Your bait needs working on if you want me to bite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I am made up after signing a new two-year extension, it's something that I have always wanted," Rooney told the club's official website.

"There is so much that I want to achieve with this club starting hopefully with The Premiership this season.

"It is an exciting time at the moment and I am relishing the challenge that goes with it.

"The team is developing, with a mix of experience and youth, and I am just glad that I can play my part in it."

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Rooney's decision to sign the new deal is indicative of the club's intention to construct a team around the 21-year-old and young team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Obviously I think for everyone at the club it is great news that Wayne has committed his future to Manchester United," said Ferguson.

"It reflects our intention to build a team to stay together. Cristiano signed a new contract last year and we have exciting young talent here too.

"We see Wayne and Cristiano emerging as the best players in the world, they have their finest years in front of them and we will all be lucky to witness that." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

ohhh did I miss some sarcasm their? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Terrible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, probably what it will feel like at 4 tommorow when you're sat at home playing with yourself and listening to 105.4 because you couldn't get a ticket :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why exactly would I be playing with myself whilst listening to the radio?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf, if it's Jo Whiley she does have a very very sexy voice.

I doubt she'd be doing the football though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

the dulcet tones of alan green are enough to make anyone fancy a five-knuckle shuffle, surely </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know this point has been mentioned many, many times before, but you brought up his name and now I have rage and need to let it out. Alan Green really is a ****ing ****wipe of the highest order who deserves to die in a slow, painful and humiliating way.

What was your worst on-air nightmare?

Easy. 1995, final day of the season. Blackburn were top of the table but lost at Liverpool, Manchester United needed to win at West Ham to take the title… it actually ended a draw. I was commentating at Blackburn when Jamie Redknapp scored a late goal, and for a moment I got my sums wrong and said “and that may well have handed the title to Man Unitedâ€.

aye. I'm sure it was you fat twat

What was your worst on-air nightmare?

Easy. 1995, final day of the season. Blackburn were top of the table but lost at Liverpool, Manchester United needed to win at West Ham to take the title… it actually ended a draw. I was commentating at Blackburn when Jamie Redknapp scored a late goal, and for a moment I got my sums wrong and said “and that may well have handed the title to Man Unitedâ€.

aye. I'm sure it was you fat twat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs icon_biggrin.gif

WHAT a ****

hahah just noticed a comment on that clip

"wow how stupid is this.......firstly he ain't no man utd legend what did he do? stood in the 6 yard box and taped balls into the net.....he didn't beat any man utd scorin records plus he was only there for 5 years"

**** ALERT

Archived