The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Nothing Martin says is to be believed.

Nothing quite like watching a guy who hates Rio Ferdinand pull his shirt over his head & run down the steps in the stretty to celebrate a goal he has scored. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha what a mental image icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that's what I had to endure. Probably explains why the scousers were so quiet that day too. Sat there in shock at what they were witnessing in Tier 2.

Martin went a little bit crazy that day.

I mean there is supporting & there is shouting 'UNITED!' at the top of your voice for 5 minutes solid whilst pumpipng your fist in the air icon_biggrin.gif

Coincidence he was warned by a steward at the next home game? I think not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

about to play the traditional Pro Evo simulation game before the important matches we play irl icon_biggrin.gif

WISH ME LUCK </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

COME ONE ACOU UNITED icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

about to play the traditional Pro Evo simulation game before the important matches we play irl icon_biggrin.gif

WISH ME LUCK </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

COME ONE ACOU UNITED icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've even just changed the usual team so it's identical to how we (should icon_mad.gif) line up today icon_biggrin.gif

Vidic in for Brown icon_cool.gif

He won't be as bad today.

He was drunk on Stella at the scouse game.

I am also sick & tired of people saying it's our biggest game of the season today icon_mad.gif

Liverpool/City are the biggest games of the season.

Chelsea is the 3rd/4th biggest depending on where Arsenal are in the league.

I will just be glad when today is over.

We are going to win though despite my pessimism.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

He won't be as bad today.

He was drunk on Stella at the scouse game.

I am also sick & tired of people saying it's our biggest game of the season today icon_mad.gif

Liverpool/City are the biggest games of the season.

Chelsea is the 3rd/4th biggest depending on where Arsenal are in the league. And whether or not we draw Leeds in one of the cups.

I will just be glad when today is over.

We are going to win though despite my pessimism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

It is the biggest game of the season in terms of the league tbf.

And we'll lose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I understand that but most if the idiots at work see it as THE GAME of the season.

2 of the people who said this to me today have tickets icon_mad.gif

Only the 2nd game of the season either of them have been too.

Poor Jonny icon_frown.gif i feel bad for you mate. You really should just go and spike marts drink with a shot of vodka he will soon pass out and you have his ticket. Hurrah.

Gonna lose 3-1 with us going one nil up and then eidur teaching us a lesson, fletcher may hit the bar after tiago spanks one in from 30 yards, who cares the seasons over already tbh.

UPDATE: 1-0 United at half time

Saha header from a whipped in Giggs corner.. Boulahrouz could do nothing but help it on its way in.

Rio's having a mare icon_biggrin.gif VdS saved the situation a few times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hold on lads!

4-1 FT icon_biggrin.gif

Rooney just came to life and got 2. A header from a corner and after battering his way through Terry a powerful strike across the keeper

Scholes got the other with the goal of the game.. a 30 yard rocket past the hapless keeper. icon_cool.gif

They fluked a goal from a scramble in the area tbh.

COME ON

4-1 FT icon_biggrin.gif

Rooney just came to life and got 2. A header from a corner and after battering his way through Terry a powerful strike across the keeper

Scholes got the other with the goal of the game.. a 30 yard rocket past the hapless keeper. icon_cool.gif

They fluked a goal from a scramble in the area tbh.

COME ON </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've just jinxed us now ya bastard.

note: in no way do I expect this to be even close to the real game and as such I will accept no jinxing blame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Note disregarded.

1-1 and not a disaster and a result that keeps us top but i cant help but feel we could have won it had we not invited Chelsea onto us while it was 1-0.

injuries to Saha and Ronaldo as well. We cant do with losing them both for the near future. one you can live with but two. icon_frown.gif

MoM: Ronaldo

2nd: Vidic

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pires777:

HAHAHAHA

CARVALHOOOO!!!/SAHHAAAA OGG!!!!!!

^_^ M_M icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif !_! O_O +_D

=D =D =D

Chelsea deserved to win, you lot were rubbish.

Was rooney playing?

bahahahhaa, nice to see the crowd shut up when oshea came off the bench, sweet icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ANELKA!!!! IT'S 3-1!!! DO YOU BELIEVE IT!? ARSENAL'S BOLTON CURSE HAS STRUCK AGAIN!

there's some aids infested african kid whose air you're stealing right now, you know that don't you?

motm: vidic

2nd: ronaldo

i almost lost faith in vidic being a hardman after he rolled round on the floor like a girl after getting brushed in the face. luckily he redeemed himself by flattening cudicini and then trying to melt frank lampard with his stare. luckily for frank his rolls of flab protected him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

injuries to Saha and Ronaldo as well. We cant do with losing them both for the near future. one you can live with but two. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, coz we have an abundance of strikers just sitting around waiting to get a game atm?

repeat for wingers actually. we HAD to win tonight. our squad is too thin to get into a protracted race for the title. the only way we finish as champions is if chelsea fall a few more behind and then drop more points because of the pressure of playing catch up. going to bolton now for example will be a hell of a lot easier than it would if they were already six behind.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pago:

i almost lost faith in vidic being a hardman after he rolled round on the floor like a girl after getting brushed in the face. luckily he redeemed himself by flattening cudicini and then trying to melt frank lampard with his stare. luckily for frank his rolls of flab protected him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually hilarious

I'll take that, game went so predictable, I knew at HT that we would do that in the second, good job we had the goal to fall back on or we'd have lost.

MOTM: Carrick: That's the most I've been impressed with him in a United shirt.

Runner-up: Rio: Defended well.

MotM: Carrick

Runner-up: Vidic

We played pretty well overall. We just couldn't match Chelsea when they went up a level. Our bench didn't allow that. Add to that the likes of Neville, Scholes and Giggs being knackered after playing constantly. They looked dead in the second half. I don't exactly blame this on Fergie. He could do nothing to combat it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Pires son, i'm not going to blame your Mum and Dad/Uncle for their night of passion that produced you but with us here to make up for your complete and total lack of intelligence i hope you take our advice and do future generations a favour by getting the snip mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

You try my friend....you try.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pires777:

The truth? yes it is icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you and your mum die in a road accident where you bizarrely knock random5 down

I'm not gonna say much about the game except that i am thoroughly dissapointed with the 2nd half. The first one was superb but in the 2nd half after the two chances, one of which i pin the blame heavily on Saha for stopping instead of going to the ball, around the 60th minute the team stopped playing. All of a sudden the concentration went to hell and the team was incapable of putting two passes the right way. Until the 60th min i was very pleased but after that the team simply stopped playing and no, it wasn't because of Chelsea players dominating it was because our players stopped playing. I find it hard to believe that they weren't able to put two passes correctly because of the Chelsea midfield when they weren't even pressing.

Ahahaha, Pires so very very small time. 'Oh no, my team's out of the title race and rubbish against any team that shows an ounce of physicality, how can I cheer myself up. AH, YES! A team I don't like have just merited a 1-1 draw against the Champions to remain 3 points clear at the top, THIS HAS MADE MY FỤCKING YEAR. IT'S THE BESTEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED! YAAAAASSSS \O/'

Anyway, on to the game. The first half we were top draw, brilliant in posession, solid at the back. Carrick was absolutely marvellous, Scholesy good as well (although the lad should learn that it is OK to boot it sometimes if we're in our own penalty area). Rooney and Saha looked lively, and that was simply a sumptuous goal by Louis, finishing of the highest quality.

The second half Chelsea obviously had a lot more purpose, but on the whole we restricted them to pot shots and set pieces, and had chances to make it 2. The goal was certainly coming, and deserved, but annoying as it was preventable. We played much better after that, but 1-1 was probably the fair result. I have to vent my anger at Ronaldo - I don't know if he was carrying an injury, but I watched him all the second half and he was SO VERY VERY LAZY. Really fecked me off. And of course, the second half substitutions show the real difference between the two teams - we had no-one in an attacking vein at all. I'm almost tempted to put a striker higher up the priority list than another midfielder for January, but we'll see how SAF intends to use Rossi.

MoM: Carrick

2nd: Um, Vidic maybe?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

The truth? yes it is icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you and your mum die in a road accident where you bizarrely knock random5 down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That post could very well have me laughing all night, in all honesty.

Archived