The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It's an utter joke, just glad that I'm a season ticket holder and don't have to put up with this shambles.

I can see them aboloshing membership altogether next season or half season, season tickets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah yes

if i said i couldn't afford to pay for your ST and mine on the spot what would you do??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank christ you reminded him, it's been at least 10 minutes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I heard the loyalty pot for away games is getting scrapped because people will not sit? I think that is complete ******** as it's not just people who are in the loyalty pot who stand. But I am not complaining this might mean I have a better chance of away tickets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wp, selfish twat. so people that have been to every away for the last few years can just **** off now?

they tried it for Bolton, didn't work.

Wasn't comfortable for me at Wigan (A) earlier in the season, I was nearly on the top row and everyone had just walked up to the top. Must have been 3 people standing infront of each seat at the top. At Blackburn does anyone remember seeing any stewards? Most fans were standing on the steps, first half. icon_biggrin.gif

tbf, the loyalty pot has become something of a joke. Scrapping it isn't such a bad idea, as long as they replace it with something sensible and fair...fat chance I guess.

Having a total free for all will be the biggest money earner and dilute the elements of our away fans that don't follow the party line.

i can see it now - they'll say there's a few tickets left for Benfica, and they'll all be £50 quadrant hospitality ones, leaving me with the choice of paying that or going without and losing the right to apply for aways /O\

only myself to blame tbf. no way i can afford £50 right now though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Eddie/Jonny citeh tickets on Viagogo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it says they're bthere, but click on Buy and you get the old :

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Sorry!

We currently don't have any tickets for this event. Below are a few possible reasons for this:

This event may have been recently added and sellers have not had the chance to post their tickets. Please check back soon. Additionally, you can check to see if a different date has tickets available

The deadline to purchase tickets for this event has passed. After a certain point viagogo removes listings in order to ensure on-time delivery for the buyer.

All available tickets posted by sellers have temporarily sold out. Please check back often as more tickets are posted all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Infuriating. I'm going to make ticket noises on the bus on Wednesday.

And I may get excluded from the club if he doesn't come up with the goods. icon_wink.gif After all, I didn't get the Chelsea ticket, although there was no problem for the Scouse. And I didn't even ask for an Everton one. (Hardly makes up for missing yesterday)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i can see it now - they'll say there's a few tickets left for Benfica, and they'll all be £50 quadrant hospitality ones, leaving me with the choice of paying that or going without and losing the right to apply for aways /O\

only myself to blame tbf. no way i can afford £50 right now though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You cant really afford anything though.

James07 you went to Celtic didn't you? I heard from someone yesterday in the pub that everyone were sneaking in. Someone would put there ticket in like the Blackburn ticket, take it out when it goes green and then loads of people run forward. Another trick I heard was people would get passed a ticket back from the person in front then go to the ticket office and say it wasn't working and they would scan it so it would work again. You see any of this? Were there loads more United fans for the seats? I also heard the police just closed the turnstiles after they realised so many United were in the stand.

Don't know about them closing the turnstiles, but there were certainly more in there that should have been. A couple of lads in front of us and another behind had jibbed in, so I assume that'd be the same for the rest of the section. There were rumours of 1,000 snide tickets doing the rounds too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

only myself to blame tbf. no way i can afford £50 right now though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You cant really afford anything though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lies. i'm surprisingly ok for money at the minute, just not wealthy enough to pay chelsea-esque prices.

let's not get carried away.

they are forging a great partnership and will hopefully continue to do so for a long time

but as it stands Vidic has only been in the side and playing well for what, maybe, 25 games?

Rio has been strong, consistent and on many occasions a match-winner for us over years now.

at the same time, you could argue there's still a hell of a lot more to come from vida, which is a fantastic prospect considering the level he's at already. almost hate to say it as a big wes brown fan, but vidic/ferdinand already looks up there with stam/johnsen in terms of our best centre-back partnership since dolly and daisy, and both players are still a few years away from their peak. nemanja definitely seems to have brought the best out of rio - the latter's impressive form is easily overlooked in the rush to praise the former.

and to think it's only a couple of short months since people were comparing our love for the vidic to the hilarious scouse momo-wankery :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

hey dont get me wrong... I absolutely love and highly rate Vidic too.. but I still feel its a touch early to be saying "yeah he's better than Rio" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

completely agree. much better to focus on them as a unit anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Adu warned against moving to Manchester

Andrew Downie in Belo Horizonte

Tuesday November 28, 2006

The Guardian

The United States-based coach who helped Freddy Adu become one of the hottest prospects in world football has warned him to avoid Manchester United and look for a team in the Netherlands. Adu is on trial with Sir Alex Ferguson's team but his coach at DC United said he had gone there on bad advice and told the Ghana-born 17-year-old that the Premiership would overwhelm him.

"He's a young kid and he needs matches," said Peter Nowak, the former Poland captain who has been Adu's manager since he signed for the Washington club as a 14-year-old sensation in November 2003. "I think he should go to PSV or Ajax or somewhere they have a tradition of raising young players. At a place like Ajax the young kids come through together and they grow up together; the team is shaped around them. In the biggest environment at the club with the biggest budget it will be hard for them to wait for him to develop. I still feel he needs the minutes and the experience."

Adu joined DC United amid a huge fanfare that included a mega-contract from Nike. He became the youngest man ever to play for a US sports franchise when he made his debut for the club in April 2004. He has played 87 times for DC United and was an ever present this year, with two goals and eight assists in 32 appearances.

However, the DC United staff who have been with him since he signed said the experience of Carlos Tevez at West Ham United showed that players from slower, more technical environments are often unprepared for Europe's most robust league. "Just look at how Tevez has struggled," said Dave Kasper, DC United's technical director. "Does Freddy want to have to go to Watford on a rainy Wednesday where he'll have 6ft 4in goons on his back all night? The Dutch league is a very technical league and he will be better suited for that at his age."

Kasper and Nowak also cast doubts on Adu's mental and physical readiness for a team as big as United. Not only is he just 17, he is physically slight and, they maintain, susceptible to poor advice.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nowak and Kasper bang on. icon14.gif

You can argue from any point of view really. While Ajax isn't a bad shout, it'd arguably be easiest for essentially an American kid to adapt to life in England rather than anywhere else on the continent I'd have thought. Comparison to Tevez is way off the mark - he didn't speak the language at all and, as a South American, the culture shock would have been far higher.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

we only recognise and push true talent to cult status at OT... icon_cool.gif

scousers wouldn't recognise talent if it popped up in the form of a former Evertonian and banged in a 25 yard strike at the Kop end to send them to defeat. they'd just throw their phone at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That David Jones is doing wonderfully in the premiership. Oh...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I think he should go to PSV or Ajax or somewhere they have a tradition of raising young players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish we had that kind of tradition icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

we only recognise and push true talent to cult status at OT... icon_cool.gif

scousers wouldn't recognise talent if it popped up in the form of a former Evertonian and banged in a 25 yard strike at the Kop end to send them to defeat. they'd just throw their phone at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That David Jones is doing wonderfully in the premiership. Oh... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf it was only me who gave him cult status icon_frown.gif

i shall be vindicated icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I think he should go to PSV or Ajax or somewhere they have a tradition of raising young players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish we had that kind of tradition icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When's the last one you developed? Scholes/Giggs/Becks are all 10-15 years ago.

Maybe John O'Shea?

Archived