The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hargreaves should be made a priority. Don't see much point in signing a triker who would be happy to sit on the bench wheh Saha and Ronney are fit, surely that's what Smith, OGS and Rossie will be for. If we are going to go for a new striker he has to be of better quality that Saha. So c'mon Torres please.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

There's no way he stays there. Awful decision to send him to that hellhole in the first place, and if we were really keen on him to go there, it should have been for the season with him able to play in all competitions. As it is, Newcastle cba with a player with potential who they'll have to give back in a couple of months, instead favouring Antoine f**king Sibierski.

If we sign a forward in January I assume he'll go out on loan somewhere else, hopefully somewhere more suitable. Even Antwerp would be better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The whole deal's a little weird if you ask me. I'm sure the only reason he was loaned there was due to some sort of informal agreement that he'd get games (or cover for Owen etc).

I'd imagine you've covered this topic many times in here already.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Do you guys have the option of recalling Rossi? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's back at Christmas if I remember correctly. But I think Newcastle have the option to extend it if they want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seem to have it in my head that he comes back at the end of January :/

At the time of Rossi going I did think it was a good idea and a good move for him, until of course the very next day they signed Sibierski as well, which kinda made it a bit pointless.

Hopefully he'll get games over the busy Christmas period if nothing else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Bent>>>Defoe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much will Bent go for, IF Charlton were to go down? Somewhere between 6m and 12m?

Hargreaves is #1 priority for me in January or a player like him. I know we really need a Saha back up but with Rossi, Ole and Smudge i am more than happy at the moment.

And as much as i dont want Bent at 22 he would be a pretty good option to have on the bench/in the squad for when needed or Saha gets injured. I dont think we would get him cheap enough to do that though.

Can Tim Howard play tomorrow night? Tickets for the game are still available so the website says ffs. Bent > Defoe but I wouldn't mind either of them to come to United in January though, for the right price obviously. Hargreaves is the number 1 target though, even that Senna wouldn't be too bad if we couldn't get Hargreaves. Everton without AJ and Cahill, two of their best three attacking players are out. I don't think it'll be an easy game though, 1-0 or something along them lines, our players will be very tired. I can see Fergie choosing this game or Boro to rest players.

Defoe is crap kid, he is way too greedy, way past the point when he was promising and scores about as often as Robbie Keane. Add in the fact he is 3 foot tall so no good in the air and he cant hold the ball up and you realise why we are rumoured to be ready to offer Spurs £12m for their back up striker.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I remember when Defoe scored the winner at Old Trafford a few years back with West Ham, was a late goal and they won 1-0. Made me feel sick, it was a bad day. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was there that day /o\

That was the day my North Stand JINX began.

Been up there for 4 games, results were:

United 0-1 West Ham

United 0-0 Exeter

United 0-0 Sunderland

United 0-1 Arsenal

icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

No Tim Howard cant play. Premier League rules state a player cannot play against the club he is on loan from.

They introduced the rules after Lua Lua did Newcastle while on loan from them. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically got us in the Champions League that year icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That was the day my North Stand JINX began.

United 0-1 West Ham

United 0-0 Exeter

United 0-0 Sunderland

United 0-1 Arsenal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please do keep using the North Stand icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Where do you live ACou? Because if you live far away, i'll be really interested to know why you went to the Exeter game :| </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

COMMITTMENT my man, committment.

From London btw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

and yeah die WestStandRed, arrogantly going to nearly every game we play this season whilst mocking me for travelling 400 miles to watch "a reserve game" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't exactly mocking you.. but I still wouldn't travel 400 miles, knowing Fergie wouln't play any first team players. Maybe that is me saying I'm a **** fan, but I doubt most reds would do that, unless they had never been before.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

another day, another fantastic post by wsr... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't really know what was wrong with that last one, Blaine. All I said was I wouldn't travel 400 miles to watch my team play a highly under-strength side against a Conference team. I then commented on saying, I doubt most United fans would do that, unless they had never been before. What is wrong with that? icon_confused.gif

why would any red ever need to question why another would want to go to a match to support the shirts?

400 miles or 4. bellion or best.

our support famously travelled in numbers far greater than other teams throughout our most barren years. to cardiff, oxford, leyton orient...

that is what is wrong with your post.

Manchester United striker Louis Saha and winger Cristiano Ronaldo picked up knocks against Chelsea and are doubts.

Saha's injury sees United struggling for strikers and Ryan Giggs could be used up front with John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher starting in midfield.

/o\

..with Saha and Ronaldo out I'm not confident at all :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I remember when Defoe scored the winner at Old Trafford a few years back with West Ham, was a late goal and they won 1-0. Made me feel sick, it was a bad day. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was there that day /o\

That was the day my North Stand JINX began.

United 0-1 West Ham

United 0-0 Exeter

United 0-0 Sunderland

United 0-1 Arsenal

icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should NEVER be allowed to watch any United - Middlesborough game in the flesh.

I've been to four games against them at Old Trafford, watching us draw once, lose three times and concede 10 goals.

Right lads, it's two years to the day since Wayne Rooney made his United debut. I will give a shiny donkey to anyone who can, WITHOUT CHEATING (in case Juni comes in), give me our starting line-up against Fenerbache.

I'll start you off...

GK:

DR:

DR:

DC:

DC:

MR:

ML:

MC:

MC:

FC:

FC: Rooney