The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.fcumgallery.co.uk/200607/stonedomhome/pages/image005.htm

'dead end flags' is a reference to the name of the end where the flag is placed (the cemetry end).

this post on the unofficial fc forum summed things up for me in relation to stretford end flags and tufty:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To be honest I have no problem on principal with Stretford End Flags. One or two of their personal opinions may be moronic towards FC and they were set up at the wrong time for the wrong reasons. However if their members are serious about becoming a non-partizan and highly focused supporters group then good luck to them (and getting rid of a scouser with an anti-FC, anti-MUST, anti-imusa, pro-himself, pro-Runcorn Linnets agenda is the very first step they have to take towards that). Ultimately if we accept we can't ever win ownership at Old Trafford the aim has to be influence and to that end small focused groups should be part of the way forwards.

I don't think at this moment in time Stretford End Flags is the best use of United supporters money and I don't think its the best way to improve the atmosphere at Old Trafford but in principal its not inherintly a bad idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

oh right, 'the sanc'... (don't have access)

be interesting if it came to a debate on a public forum (not that i am aware of anything that has been said).

can't see them printing much in redissue questioning one of their own columnists or uws even. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparantly theres one there's one on the menswear section in Harvey Nichols in Manchester. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye there is but not a complete one, just a sample section. Same 20pages over and over and over and over again to fill a ****ing huge book.

josiafc.

I'm not looking forward to tonight. We've got 2 of our most influential transfers out, Johnson with a hamstring and Howard as he can't play against you which means Teflon will be in goal /o\

I know you've got a lot of injuries, but you should be strong enough. Hoping for a draw and a Rooney red card icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Silvestre icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you finally understand the correct reaction to seeing his name mentioned?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

off to lyon in exchange for one of their strikers or midfielders pls </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't read the article did you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "What's certain is that, for the moment, I am excluding any possibility of a return to France.

"It's not because I don't love my country but simply because I know the league too well.

"I would like to discover a new style of play. I've done Italy in the colours of Inter, England in the jersey of the Red Devils. All that's left for me is Spain." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

off to lyon in exchange for one of their strikers or midfielders pls </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juninho Baby Carriage icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The 29-year-old has not started a league game since September and was not even on the bench for the weekend SuperSunday clash with Chelsea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you know your time's up when you're not one of the four defenders playing or three defenders sitting on the bench tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Think ali was referring to Wesley of Orange. Silvestre inexplicably was on the bench against Chelsea. (In case Henize, Evra and O'Shea all got injured, presumably). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Article said Silvestre. I didn't dare look directly at the bench on Sunday in case it prompted me to slit my wrists.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

****s sake. If we sell So Fine we're going to need to divert funds away from midfield / attack to shore up the left back position. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, we'll just convert Rooney / Ronaldo.

Those boys have all the talent in the world, we might as well train them up in the most important footballing position.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

****s sake. If we sell So Fine we're going to need to divert funds away from midfield / attack to shore up the left back position. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Getting a bit boring now. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I hate what I call the Razzler smiley: icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooh, nice. Yeah down with that one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Guess we could tempt Denis Irwin out of retirement. And Clayton Blackmore, just to be sure. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arthur Albiston please.

Archived