The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by merry_miller:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

not surprised, with that lineup its almost certainly 2 or 3 points dropped imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs don't say that i backed your lot to win in my treble </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

money down the drain im afraid

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

No match thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not on real telly. Them's the unwritten rules.

I'm watching from my blimp... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keyser?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

and people think we're going to push chelsea all the way icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to my world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahem

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Keyser? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

git

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

and people think we're going to push chelsea all the way icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok our world.

Shame because I have it on my real telly. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Keyser? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah he's somewhere over Craven Cottage iirc, the big gooner.

Rooney with an excellent effort.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

ahem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok our world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Anyone watching because it sounds like Carricks passing has been awful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh, to an extent. There's been very little movement in front of him tbf, so he's tried a few imaginary things that haven't come off.

O'Shea's first touch is worse than abject. Richardson is his usually 'I only have pace' self. Rooney looking good if peripheral.

Or.....

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

VDS

Gary Nev Rio Silvestre Evra

O'Shea Richardson

Fletcher Carrick Ronaldo

Rooney</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post of the month icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Anyone watching because it sounds like Carricks passing has been awful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrick, Silvestre, Fletcher and Richardson have so far been dreadful. O'Shea hasn't been too bad.

Looks like we'll be relying on Rio, Ronny and Rooney for the win.

The whole team have been passing poorly to be fair.

Ronaldo is looking bright but nearly everyone else looks a yard off him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

The whole team have been passing poorly to be fair.

Ronaldo is looking bright but nearly everyone else looks a yard off him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just like Celtic then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh and Taz in singling out Carrick shocker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The radio has singled him out as being awful with his passing. In the absence of Scholes you expect him to step up and control things.

And whats wrong with asking, i was curious as to whether he was just being crap with his passing or unlucky. So far it seems its the usual go with the flow thing rather than stepping up to be counted in a time of need.

Richardson with 30 yards to run into on the counter and he doesnt. He slowed it down ffs, the only asset you have is your pace you ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I prefer his hair tbh.

Richardson with 30 yards to run into on the counter and he doesnt. He slowed it down ffs, the only asset you have is your pace you ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I prefer his hair tbh.

<STRIKE>Thing is, I'm all for squad rotation when you've got the players - it's a neccessity for maintaining a challenge on several fronts. But the players drafted in today, particularly in the case of Richardson and O'Shea, have proved on several occasions that they're not good enough. They're back up players, ones that we turn to if we HAVE to. We didn't have to today, and face a very real prospect of suffering the consequence of what can only be deemed Fergie's arrogance.</STRIKE>

Yeah, I wrote all that and went to press post when Ronnie scored icon_cool.gif

My points still stand :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

You'll score and win eventually ffs, you're not us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now kids, what have we learnt?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh and Taz in singling out Carrick shocker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The radio has singled him out as being awful with his passing. In the absence of Scholes you expect him to step up and control things.

And whats wrong with asking, i was curious as to whether he was just being crap with his passing or unlucky. So far it seems its the usual go with the flow thing rather than stepping up to be counted in a time of need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrick sits deep. That's his position. You can't just tell him to go and play as an attacking midfielder and expect him to run a game.

<STRIKE>Thing is, I'm all for squad rotation when you've got the players - it's a neccessity for maintaining a challenge on several fronts. But the players drafted in today, particularly in the case of Richardson and O'Shea, have proved on several occasions that they're not good enough. They're back up players, ones that we turn to if we HAVE to. We didn't have to today, and face a very real prospect of suffering the consequence of what can only be deemed Fergie's arrogance.</STRIKE>

Yeah, I wrote all that and went to press post when Ronnie scored icon_cool.gif

My points still stand :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I use it instread? icon_frown.gif

I can understand us making changes, we have a lot of games coming up and this is arguably the easiest of them, so playing the likes of Scholes in all of them is just not realistic.

Like Ali struck out, it's the quality of the people coming in and that fact that he's made all the changes at the same time that are the problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Carrick sits deep. That's his position. You can't just tell him to go and play as an attacking midfielder and expect him to run a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I neither want him to or expect him to attack. You can control things from deep.

But anyway i'll give him his due, Carrick meant his shot to smack Fletcher to wake him up and set Ronaldo up at the same time. Thats class.

I'm disappointed with this. You hadn't posed a serious threat until the goal and we were looking like we could miscontrol the ball up to your area and get shots in.

Now you have the goal and a bit of confidence too there's only one result.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nikos:

I'm disappointed with this. You hadn't posed a serious threat until the goal and we were looking like we could miscontrol the ball up to your area and get shots in.

Now you have the goal and a bit of confidence too there's only one result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lets hope so eh icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

alilaw - surely it's the quantity of changes that would rankle most if you drop points? One or two acceptable, but five? Mon the Timmeh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it's a combination of both. In the treble season we'd make five changes frequently, but that's because you could bring in 2 quality strikers, the likes of Butt and Blomqvist in midfield and Phil Neville anywhere you liked. Here the increase in the number of changes is bad because it brings you onto players who are essentially gash.

You can only play the back up players you have, so Fergie has no control over the quality of the players coming in now (although you can argue he did during the summer). But he does have control over how many of them play, and changing 5 in one match just seems such an unneccessary risk. Why not 2 changes tonight and 2 at Boro, say?

Lets hope we get away with it.

Archived