The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

You can only play the back up players you have, so Fergie has no control over the quality of the players coming in now (although you can argue he did during the summer). But he does have control over how many of them play, and changing 5 in one match just seems such an unneccessary risk. Why not 2 changes tonight and 2 at Boro, say?

Lets hope we get away with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can do more than argue that - it's a simple fact. And not just during the summer - the squad itself is the result of a good few years neglect, particularly in the midfield department.

Rooney kissed the shirt again today I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

You can only play the back up players you have, so Fergie has no control over the quality of the players coming in now (although you can argue he did during the summer). But he does have control over how many of them play, and changing 5 in one match just seems such an unneccessary risk. Why not 2 changes tonight and 2 at Boro, say?

You can do more than argue that - it's a simple fact. And not just during the summer - the squad itself is the result of a good few years neglect, particularly in the midfield department.

Rooney kissed the shirt again today I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends what you believe with regards to our transfer budget.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

to be fair, vidic giggs and saha are all carrying knocks so his hand is forced somewhat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if you've got three enforced changes, why make two more?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Depends what you believe with regards to our transfer budget. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look will you stop coming up with valid and objective points? It interrupts my angry flow icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

to be fair, vidic giggs and saha are all carrying knocks so his hand is forced somewhat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if you've got three enforced changes, why make two more? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AS Scholes is old, can;t play all the games and a weakened Everton is the easiest fixture?

[/devils advocate]

one of which being O'Shea for Scholes icon_biggrin.gif

Slightly predictable given your opposition.

who, scholes and heinze? ive no problems with evra in for heinze, i dont see that as a big deal as they're both very good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nikos:

Slightly predictable given your opposition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've only seen him do it once before, and I'm sure a bit of him remains an Everton fan, so I was a little surprised tbh.

who, scholes and heinze? ive no problems with evra in for heinze, i dont see that as a big deal as they're both very good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True enough, it's a toss up this season as to which is first choice now Heinze is fit again. So we'll call it 4 fringe players in. a) do you know Vidic is injured? I'd heard about the other knocks but not that one. b) why rest Scholes now? To answer Mika's point, with 10 of the 11 first team playing, Everton would be the easier game, but with 3 players already out, is that still the case? I suppose we'll have to see who's fit enough for saturday. If none of the missing players will make it back, Maybe we've been too harsh. We can't really rest him against Benfica or City.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Radio saying Evra has been good, O'Shea steady and Richardson and Fletcher both awful.

They didnt mention Silvestre but it sounds to me like hes had a fair few lapses in concentration so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O'Shea's looked very very average to me. 'Steady' might be pushing it. Fletcher the epitome of inconsistency, some really good work coupled with some very sloppy touches and passes.

\o/ All 5 of our left backs on the pitch \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, to put it another way, HALF OUR OUTFIELD PLAYERS. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Awesome, what was the goal like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Played to Rooney about 5 yards outside the area. He holds off two players, and feeds the ball to an unmarked Evra who's bursting into the penalty area from the left. He takes a couple of touches then blasts it through the keepers legs.

The glorious left back that he is.

Archived