The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Vds, G Nev, Ferd, Sil, Evra, Fletch, Carr, O'shea, Rich, Roon, Ron </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh god no icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would appear to be the way forward. 3-0, ffs. God alone knows how. Mon no changes for the weekend. icon_biggrin.gif

Just got home, btw.

Crowd was dismal, all I heard was fecking scousers. icon_frown.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Rooney kissed the shirt again today I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. icon_biggrin.gif

Was getting the fat knobhead song from Everton fans, so grabbed his badge and kissed it right back at 'em.

I <3 Rooney.

Just watched the replay on Fox Sports, Evra :**********)

Didn't know the teamsheet beforehand so I was a little 'surprised' to say the least. Richardson is just an amazingly awful player, he really is. Aside from his freekick that hit the crossbar everything he did was woeful.

Including his daft celebration with John O'Shea.

The Glazers were apparently unhappy at the third goal though, they believed that it was too risky to keep attacking and instead would've prefered that we just take a knee - especially after what happened to the Giants.

MotM: Evra

Runner-Up: Ferdinand

i know the gabby love-in in here is quite strong, but for mine, paddy >>> gabby both defensively and especially going forward atm. paddy really looked a united player for the first time against porto in amsterdam in pre season, and hasn't really put a foot wrong since.

dunno where to start with this game. just how we won 3-0 i'll never know. it's not that the scoreline necessarily flattered us - the fact it doesn't is more a damning indictment on everton given the side we put out - more that for the first 30 minutes it looked for all the money in china like it was going to be the other way round.

MotM: Rio

2nd: Paddy

carrick and fletcher were one extreme or the other today. they either made absolutely brilliant use of the ball, or they played passes a seven year old would be ashamed of. richardson was richardson. nuff hate about him already, although i'll at least give him the fact that he was willing and got stuck into some tackles. pity he just gave it straight back every time he won it. o'shea was actually pretty decent for the most part. still got far too heavy a first touch, but he made some solid tackles and didn't give the ball away all that often.

most worrying thing is fergie will feel some sort of vindication for the team selection and do it again against watford or someone and we'll get hosed... icon_frown.gif

Is it me or do the BBC refuse to show or speak about Ronaldo unless he does something not so good?

No matter how well he plays, how good a goal he scores or what amazing piece of skill he pulls out of the hat they dont even mention him.

They went over Man Utds goals last night and only showed the last two. I remember they didnt even mention his free kick against Pompey. What do they have against him?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i know the gabby love-in in here is quite strong, but for mine, paddy >>> gabby both defensively and especially going forward atm. paddy really looked a united player for the first time against porto in amsterdam in pre season, and hasn't really put a foot wrong since.

dunno where to start with this game. just how we won 3-0 i'll never know. it's not that the scoreline necessarily flattered us - the fact it doesn't is more a damning indictment on everton given the side we put out - more that for the first 30 minutes it looked for all the money in china like it was going to be the other way round.

MotM: Rio

2nd: Paddy

carrick and fletcher were one extreme or the other today. they either made absolutely brilliant use of the ball, or they played passes a seven year old would be ashamed of. richardson was richardson. nuff hate about him already, although i'll at least give him the fact that he was willing and got stuck into some tackles. pity he just gave it straight back every time he won it. o'shea was actually pretty decent for the most part. still got far too heavy a first touch, but he made some solid tackles and didn't give the ball away all that often.

most worrying thing is fergie will feel some sort of vindication for the team selection and do it again against watford or someone and we'll get hosed... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As we were saying during the game, how much of the selection was forced by injury anyway? Vidic and Giggs weren't even fit enough to make the bench, Saha certainly had a slight hamstring strain, so may only have been on the bench for absolute dire need as we have no other strikers. If that is the case, the only one that was by choice was resting Scholes, and with our next 3 fixtures being Boro away, Benfica and then the derby, which of the four would you pick to rest him?

It really depends on how many of the three injured players are likely to be available on saturday. If none of them are fit, last night was the right time to rest him. If some or all of them are likely to make it, i'd have said he should have been rested there instead.

Other than that, the main quibble is why Silvestre played ahead of Brown.

Clearly the Atletico scouts were there and Fergie wanted to give him a run out so he could boost the price.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely, Evra's firmly entrenched as first choice left-back for me. He's been excellent since preseason and I think the only way Gabby's going to get back in regularly is if Patrice loses form.

richardson was richardson. nuff hate about him already, although i'll at least give him the fact that he was willing and got stuck into some tackles. pity he just gave it straight back every time he won it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

momohair?

mind games alert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manager Jose Mourinho has warned Manchester United that he expects his Chelsea side to be leading the Premiership sooner rather than later.

"I don't think it will take a lot of time to be top of the league," said Mourinho after Chelsea beat Bolton 1-0.

"I am happy to be just three points behind because we have had tougher fixtures than United.

"But now is time to win matches consecutively and go top of the league as soon as possible."

He added: "With the very good run Manchester United are having, they have to be frustrated to have only a three-point lead."

Mourinho believes that win at Bolton and the draw Chelsea earned at Old Trafford on Sunday have left the Premiership champions in excellent shape to retain their title.

"There could have been eight points difference between us now if we had not played well in these two games," he said.

"We could have lost in Manchester and dropped points against Bolton if we were not focused.

"Of course we would like to be top of the league. We have got used to it the last two years."

Meanwhile, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is quietly confident about his side's chances of holding off Chelsea.

"My players have a lot to work for," he said.

"I think they are on the verge of achieving something great at this club and you don't want to miss these things.

"When we got back into the dressing room, we managed to watch the last few minutes of Chelsea's game at Bolton.

"That kind of thing will always happen. The important thing is we are in a position to worry about them."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

[snip=some paddy love and team selection ranting] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As we were saying during the game, how much of the selection was forced by injury anyway? Vidic and Giggs weren't even fit enough to make the bench, Saha certainly had a slight hamstring strain, so may only have been on the bench for absolute dire need as we have no other strikers. If that is the case, the only one that was by choice was resting Scholes, and with our next 3 fixtures being Boro away, Benfica and then the derby, which of the four would you pick to rest him?

It really depends on how many of the three injured players are likely to be available on saturday. If none of them are fit, last night was the right time to rest him. If some or all of them are likely to make it, i'd have said he should have been rested there instead.

Other than that, the main quibble is why Silvestre played ahead of Brown. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't get me wrong, i agree with all of that, and don't really have a problem with the thought process behind rotating the squad the way fergie is currently doing it. i.e. consistency of selection for a long run of games, wholesale changes for the odd one-off match against weaker opponents. so far, he's batting 500 with that approach - loss to copenhagen, win versus everton. my main concern is that the win will embolden him to return to the approach of a couple of years ago where every perceived weak team we play sees the likes of o'shea, homo hair and kidney head getting a run...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

momohair? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

one of your best. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Everton need to have a good long look at themselves, because to be that outclassed by that United XI is pretty shameful. In years to come the likes of Lee Carsley and Leon Osman will break down in tears and admit to their grandkids that they lost a midfield battle against the might of John O'Shea, Kieran Richardson, Darren Fletcher (ifb) and Wes Brown.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you really expect from us Nick? We're missing our 2 most influential players (Johnson and Cahill) we couldn't play Howard who's been amazing in goal for us and we had to replace him with Wright, who's never lived up to expectation and we couldn't play Pip at rightback as we needed cover for the Central Mid role, so we had to break up the very effective Yobo Lescott partnership. Our squad depth is even thiner than yours! The fact you're on such a good run of form and you were playing at home, i'm pleased we didn't get routed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Clearly the Atletico scouts were there and Fergie wanted to give him a run out so he could boost the price.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're trying to offload Silvestre, and you know that the scouts of the club you're trying to offload him too are there. Surely that's more reason to not play him, so they don't see how gash he is? If you're putting Mickey in the shop window, you close the curtains just in case.

Stuff wot's in de papers an' ting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United have rejected 'wonderkid' Freddy Adu after the American teenager spent a week on trial at Old Trafford. (Daily Mirror)

Bayern Munich's England international midfielder Owen Hargreaves will not play again this season after suffering a setback in his rehabilitation from a broken leg. (Various) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Stuff wot's in de papers an' ting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United have rejected 'wonderkid' Freddy Adu after the American teenager spent a week on trial at Old Trafford. (Daily Mirror)

Bayern Munich's England international midfielder Owen Hargreaves will not play again this season after suffering a setback in his rehabilitation from a broken leg. (Various) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Odd about Adu, thought that was essentially all wrapped up.

And on Hargreaves: 3AM last night I'm sitting there watching Eurosports tick over and I'm getting all excited at 'Bayern midfielder and Man Utd target Owen Hargeaves has...'

*giddy*

'...suffered a setback and will not play again this year'

*icon_frown.gif*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Odd about Adu, thought that was essentially all wrapped up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Realisation after a week that he's like Cobi Jones but even shorter?

don't get me wrong, i agree with all of that, and don't really have a problem with the thought process behind rotating the squad the way fergie is currently doing it. i.e. consistency of selection for a long run of games, wholesale changes for the odd one-off match against weaker opponents. so far, he's batting 500 with that approach - loss to copenhagen, win versus everton. my main concern is that the win will embolden him to return to the approach of a couple of years ago where every perceived weak team we play sees the likes of o'shea, homo hair and kidney head getting a run...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that's the bit that i do have a problem with. For me, it should be one or two changes at a time at most. You get to rest the odd player, your backups get the odd game, and you have minimum disruption to the flow of your football. Also, your reserves get to play with the players they will most likely play with when they do have to come in for injuries or suspensions in big games, rather than only ever playing with the other backups.

I can't remember if it was O'Shea or Richardson, but at one point it looked like Rooney was holding their hand. A bit like a man teaching their kid to a ride a bike for the first time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you think it ouwld help if we fitted Richardson with stabilisers?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig[EVE]:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Everton need to have a good long look at themselves, because to be that outclassed by that United XI is pretty shameful. In years to come the likes of Lee Carsley and Leon Osman will break down in tears and admit to their grandkids that they lost a midfield battle against the might of John O'Shea, Kieran Richardson, Darren Fletcher (ifb) and Wes Brown.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you really expect from us Nick? We're missing our 2 most influential players (Johnson and Cahill) we couldn't play Howard who's been amazing in goal for us and we had to replace him with Wright, who's never lived up to expectation and we couldn't play Pip at rightback as we needed cover for the Central Mid role, so we had to break up the very effective Yobo Lescott partnership. Our squad depth is even thiner than yours! The fact you're on such a good run of form and you were playing at home, i'm pleased we didn't get routed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a bit more fight, more than anything. Obviously the missing players were key, but the likes of Phil and Lee Carsley should be able to at least hold their own against the midfield we put out. As it was, they hardly turned up and managed to make John O'Shea look almost competent, which is frankly a remarkable feat.

When you say 'snubbed' Mart, do you mean you just didn't go up to him or was he screaming "GET YOUR RICHARDSON AUTOGRAPHS HERE" at you whilst you nonchalantly pretended to be deaf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

basically everyone lines up around these barriers and the players that can be arsed go along the line signing whatever's thrust in their faces. we just didn't hold anything out to be signed when he came around.

one more bit of news:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">U18s get OT cup tie

United Under18s' FA Youth Cup third round tie with S****horpe is to be played at Old Trafford.

The match which will be played on Thursday 14 December, and kicks off at 19:00 GMT. The Reds' opponents, S****horpe, beat Lincoln in the second round to earn what will be a special occasion for their young players as well.

U18s coach Paul McGuinness says his young charges are hoping for a good run in the tournament United last won in the 2002/03 campaign.

According to the U18s boss, the competition is one of the earliest opportunities in a young player's career to impress under the media spotlight.

"All eyes are on the competition, so it's a good test for the boys," he told ManUtd.com. "It's a really good opportunity to learn how to cope with big games.

"The players want to do well," he added. "It's important that you get through because you get another opportunity to show what you can do. If you don't get through it's a missed opportunity. So we'll be giving it everything we’ve got."

The Reds have a rich history in the tournament, which started in the 1952/53. United won it for the first five years on the trot. In the first of those successes, a team which contained the burgeoning talent Duncan Edwards, smashed 23 goals without reply past Nantwich - a record that still stands today - before eventually beating Wolverhampton Wanderers 9-3 on aggregate in the final.

The tournament has been graced by some of English football's finest talents, including George Best, Bobby Charlton, Paul Gascoigne, David Beckham and, more recently, Wayne Rooney. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had a feeling they'd move it to OT \O/

When you say 'snubbed' Mart, do you mean you just didn't go up to him or was he screaming "GET YOUR RICHARDSON AUTOGRAPHS HERE" at you whilst you nonchalantly pretended to be deaf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

basically everyone lines up around these barriers and the players that can be arsed go along the line signing whatever's thrust in their faces. we just didn't hold anything out to be signed when he came around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly how I hoped it had happened- a sea of pens, programmes and acclaim from the fans as Vidic passes, only for Richardson to step forward and the hands are all withdrawn. Superb.

I actually turned my back on him in disgust icon_cool.gif

Sir Alex hoping we can replicate the feat achieved by the squad in 92/93:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Variety of scorers delights Sir Alex

Patrice Evra became United’s eleventh different scorer this season as he capped his return to the starting eleven with the second goal in the Reds’ 3-0 win over Everton.

The French full-back's second half strike was the pick of the bunch. Latching onto Rooney's clever through-ball, Evra angled his run towards goal from the left flank before firing his shot between Everton goalkeeper Richard Wright's legs.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is pleased with variety of goalscorers in his team, and has challenged the players yet to get off the mark to chip in as well.

“We were delighted with Patrice’s goal,†he told MUTV.

“We’re not too bothered where the goals come from, but I think one season we had 17 different scorers. If we can get somewhere near that then we’d be very pleased.â€

United could equal that total if the first-team regulars yet to score this season get themselves on the scoresheet. Yet to find the net this term are Michael Carrick, Wes Brown, Gaby Heinze, Gary Neville, Ji-sung Park and Alan Smith. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wes to take the Pally role and score a freekick in the last home game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

basically everyone lines up around these barriers and the players that can be arsed go along the line signing whatever's thrust in their faces. we just didn't hold anything out to be signed when he came around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly how I hoped it had happened- a sea of pens, programmes and acclaim from the fans as Vidic passes, only for Richardson to step forward and the hands are all withdrawn. Superb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny icon_biggrin.gif

The United Thread Stat-tacular 2006-7: post-Sheffield United

Appearances:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Prem | ECL | FAC | TCC | Total |

| | | | | |

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR | 14 | 5 | | | 19 |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 12 | 3 | | | 15 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 10(2) | 1(2) | | 0(1) | 11(5) |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 3(3) | 3 | | 2 | 8(3) |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 15 | 3(1) | | | 18(1) |

6. Wes BROWN | 6(2) | 3 | | 2 | 11(2) |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 13 | 4 | | 1 | 18 |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 12 | 5 | | 1 | 18 |

9. Louis SAHA | 12(1) | 4 | | | 16(1) |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 10(1) | 2 | | | 12(1) |

13. PARK Ji-Sung | 1(3) | | | | 1(3) |

14. Alan SMITH | | 0(2) | | 2 | 2(2) |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 9 | 4 | | | 13 |

16. Michael CARRICK | 12(1) | 5 | | | 16(1) |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 11 | 4(1) | | | 14(1) |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 3(4) | 1(2) | | 1 | 5(6) |

22. John O'SHEA | 7(6) | 3(2) | | 1 | 11(8) |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 3(1) | 0(2) | | 2 | 5(3) |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 7(5) | 3(1) | | 1 | 11(5) |

25. David JONES | | | | 2 | 2 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 4(4) | 2 | | 2 | 8(4) |

29. Tomasz KUSZCZAK | 1 | | | 2 | 3 |

34. Ryan SHAWCROSS | | | | 0(2) | 0(2) |

35. Kieran LEE | | | | 0(2) | 0(2) |

36. David GRAY | | | | 1 | 1 |

41. Philip MARSH | | | | 1 | 1 |

42. Michael BARNES | | | | 0(1) | 0(1) |

49. Ritchie JONES | | | | 1 | 1 |

</pre>

Goalscorers:

| | | | | |

9. Louis SAHA | 6 | 3 | | | 9 |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 7 | | | | 7 |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 4 | 1 | | 1 | 6 |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 5 | | | | 5 |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 2 | | | | 2 |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 2 | | | | 2 |

22. John O'SHEA | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 1 | | | | 1 |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 1 | | | | 1 |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | | 1 | | | 1 |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 1 | | | | 1 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 1 | | | | 1 |

35. Kieran LEE | | | | 1 | 1 |

Own Goals | 1 | | | | 1 |

| | | | | |

Totals | 33 | 7 | | 2 | 42 |

</pre>

Penalties:

9. Louis SAHA 2/3

</pre>

Penalties won:

7. Cristiano RONALDO 1

8. Wayne ROONEY 1

11. Ryan GIGGS 1

</pre>

Assists:

9. Louis SAHA 7

8. Wayne ROONEY 6

11. Ryan GIGGS 5

7. Cristiano RONALDO 3

2. Gary NEVILLE 2

3. Patrice EVRA 2

6. Wes BROWN 2

13. PARK Ji-Sung 1

14. Alan SMITH 1

15. Nemanja VIDIC 1

16. Michael CARRICK 1

18. Paul SCHOLES 1

24. Darren FLETCHER 1

49. Ritchie JONEs 1

</pre>

At Fault For Goal:

27. Mikael SILVESTRE 2

2. Gary NEVILLE 1

3. Patrice EVRA 1

5. Rio FERDINAND 1

6. Wes BROWN 1

7. Cristiano RONALDO 1

22. John O'SHEA 1

</pre>

Clean Sheets:

Charlton away (EPL)

Tottenham home (EPL)

Benfica away (CL)

Newcastle home (EPL)

FC Kobenhavn home (CL)

Liverpool home (EPL)

Bolton away (EPL)

Portsmouth home (EPL)

Blackburn away (EPL)

Everton home (EPL)

</pre>

Yellow Cards:

| | | | | |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 3 | 2 | | | 5 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 3 | 1 | | | 4 |

6. Wes BROWN | 2 | | | 1 | 3 |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 1 | | | 1 | 2 |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 2 | | | | 2 |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 2 | | | | 2 |

16. Michael CARRICK | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

22. John O'SHEA | 2 | | | | 2 |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | | 1 | | | 1 |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 1 | | | | 1 |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | | 1 | | | 1 |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 1 | | | 1 | 1 |

25. David JONES | | | | 1 | 1 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | | 1 | | | 1 |

35. Kieran LEE | | | | 1 | 1 |

</pre>

Average Goals Per Game: 2.5 (55 in 22)

Average Goals Scored Per Game: 1.91 (42 in 22)

Average Goals Conceded Per Game: 0.59 (13 in 22)

Games Won When Scoring First Goal: 13/14 (92.86%)

Games Drawn When Scoring First Goal: 1/14 (7.14%)

Games Lost When Scoring First Goal: 0/14

Games Won When Conceding First Goal: 3/8 (37.50%)

Games Drawn When Conceding First Goal: 1/8 (12.50%)

Games Lost When Conceding First Goal: 4/8 (50%)

Games Won When Leading At Half-Time: 9/10 (90%)

Games Drawn When Leading At Half-Time: 1/10 (10%)

Games Lost When Leading At Half-Time: 0/10

Games Won When Drawing At Half-Time: 6/10 (60%)

Games Drawn When Drawing At Half-Time: 1/10 (10%)

Games Lost When Drawing At Half-Time: 3/10 (30%)

Games Won When Losing At Half-Time: 1/2 (50%)

Games Drawn When Losing At Half-Time: 0/2

Games Lost When Losing At Half-Time: 1/2 (50%)

Time of Goals Scored:

| | | | | |

0 - 15 mins | 7 | | | | 7 |

15 - 30 mins | 4 | | | 1 | 5 |

30 - 45 mins | 4 | 3 | | | 7 |

45 - 60 mins | 3 | 3 | | | 6 |

60 - 75 mins | 9 | | | | 9 |

75 - 90 mins | 6 | 1 | | | 7 |

Extra Time | | | | 1 | 1 |

</pre>

Time of Goals Conceded:

| | | | | |

0 - 15 mins | 2 | | | | 2 |

15 - 30 mins | | 1 | | 1 | 2 |

30 - 45 mins | 2 | 1 | | | 3 |

45 - 60 mins | 1 | | | | 1 |

60 - 75 mins | 1 | 1 | | 1 | 3 |

75 - 90 mins | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

Extra Time | | | | | |

</pre>

Manner of Goals Scored:

| | | | | |

Left foot | 8 | 5 | | | 13 |

Right foot | 20 | 2 | | 2 | 24 |

Head | 4 | | | | 4 |

Opponent | 1 | | | | 1 |

| | | | | |

Inside area | 28 | 5 | | 1 | 34 |

Outside area | 5 | 2 | | 1 | 8 |

| | | | | |

Open play | 28 | 5 | | 2 | 35 |

Set piece | 3 | 1 | | | 4 |

Direct freekick | 1 | | | | 1 |

Penalty | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

</pre>

Manner of Goals Conceded:

| | | | | |

Left foot | 1 | 4 | | | 5 |

Right foot | 3 | | | 2 | 5 |

Head | 2 | | | | 2 |

United player | 1 | | | | 1 |

| | | | | |

Inside area | 5 | 2 | | | 7 |

Outside area | 2 | 2 | | 2 | 6 |

| | | | | |

Open play | 4 | 2 | | 1 | 7 |

Set piece | 1 | | | | 1 |

Direct freekick | 1 | 2 | | 1 | 4 |

Penalty | 1 | | | | 1 |

</pre>

Form

Last Six (All comps): LWWLDW

Last Six (Prem/ship): WWWWDW

Home (All comps): WWWWDW

Home (Prem/ship): LWWWDW

Away (All comps): WLLWWL

Away (Prem/ship): WDWWWW

Games Unbeaten: 2 (all comps), 10 (premiership)

Consecutive Wins: 1 (all comps), 1 (premiership)

</pre>

Attendances:

Highest - 76,004, vs Portsmouth (Premiership, 4/11/06)

Lowest - 72,020, vs FC Kobenhavn (Champions League, 18/10/06)

Total - 751,381 (10 games)

Average - 75,138

Mart Leaving Early:

Sevilla home

Dubiously-legal female charity collectors ogled from the wall

Ten

Forthcoming Fixtures

02.12.06 Middlesbrough (A) Premiership

06.12.06 Benfica (H) CL Matchday 6

09.12.06 Manchester City (H) Premiership

17.12.06 West Ham United (A) Premiership

23.12.06 Aston Villa (A) Premiership

26.12.06 Wigan Athletic (H) Premiership

</pre>

--------------------------------------------------------------

Reserves Update

Appearances: Kieran Lee 10, Ryan Shawcross 9, Daniel Rose 9, Ritchie Jones 8, Philip Marsh 7(3), Craig Cathcart 7(2), Tom Heaton 7, Aaron Burns 7, Michael Barnes 6(3), David Gray 6(1), David Jones 6, Jamie Mullan 5(1), Michael Lea 5(1), Alan Smith 5, Séan Evans 4(1), Tomasz Kuszczak 3, Floribert N'Galula 2, Christopher Eagles 1, Liam Miller 1, Sam Hewson 1(1), Giuseppe Rossi 1, Febian Brandy (5), Christy Fagan (2), Daniel Drinkwater (1), Magnus Wolff Eikrem (1),

Scorers: Philip Marsh 7, Aaron Burns 6, Febian Brandy 2, Giuseppe Rossi 2, Michael Barnes 2, Kieran Lee 1, Christopher Eagles 1, David Jones 1, Ryan Shawcross 1, Daniel Rose 1, David Gray 1, own goals 1 (Webster, Wigan)

Premier Reserve League North Table:

P W D L F A GD Pts

1. M'boro Res 6 4 1 1 13 5 +8 13

2. Man Utd Res 6 4 0 2 13 7 +6 12

3. N'castle Res 5 3 2 0 11 6 +5 11

</pre>

Next Fixture:

30.11.06 Northwich Victoria (A) - Friendly, @ new Victoria Stadium

Academy Update

Appearances: James Chester 13, Christy Fagan 12(1), James Derbyshire 11(2), Febian Brandy 11(1), Magnus Wolff Eikrem 10(2), Craig Cathcart 9, Daniel Drinkwater 9(3), Richard Eckersley 8, Sam Hewson 8, Conor McCormack 8(1), Benjamin Amos 8, Daniel Welbeck 6(6), Antonio Bryan 7(3), Michael Lea 6, Ron-Robert Zieler 5, Daniel Galbraith 5, Corrie Evans 3(1), Kenny Strickland 2(1), Thomas Cleverley 2(1), Oliver Norwood (2), Matthew James (2)

Scorers: Brandy 9, Fagan 5, Welbeck 3, Bryan 2, Galbraith 1, Hewson 2, Cathcart 1, Eikrem 1, Lea 1

U18 Academy Group C Table:

P W D L F A GD Pt

4. Crewe Yth 12 6 0 6 23 18 5 18

5. Man Utd Yth 13 5 3 5 25 23 2 18

6. Wolves Yth 13 4 3 6 16 23 -7 15

</pre>

Next Fixture:

02.12.06 Crewe Alexandra (H) - Academy C, @ Carrington

Assists and at-fault-for's up for debate ofc. Suggestions for further stats welcome.

Goals for Ronaldo, Evra and O'Shea, assists for Rooney and Evra, clean sheet, yellow card for Paddy, plus all the other gubbins that only I find interesting.

Was sure I'd posted this last night, damn you alcohol icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 'I dedicate that goal to the players and all the fans. Every day it is a dream to play for Manchester (United) and I am very happy.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patrice :********)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 'I dedicate that goal to the players and all the fans. Every day it is a dream to play for Manchester (United) and I am very happy.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patrice :********) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:******************)

Saha and Rooney such beasts - 16 goals, 13 assists between them icon_cool.gif

btw season-ticket holding lads, there are tickets available for Boro away apparently. think keith and mart are at the meetup so i'm not sure if that leaves anyone who'd want to go, but you never know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just thinking about this - if anyone wants the ticket but doesn't have a ST, i'm happy to get it on someone's behalf.

as long as they don't get themselves chucked out by the nazi boro stewards and get me into trouble ofc

also (christ, can't stop posting this morning), anyone going to the friendly at Northwich Victoria this evening? will only be reserves and will probably be too soon for Park and Ole, but i think i might head down there.

northwich vics > upton park, sheehan icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

THE biggest game in North-wich this season is due tomorrow night when Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United officially open the Victoria Stadium.

A crowd of about 3,000 is expected and, by coincidence, will be followed the town's second biggest attendance on Sunday when the other Reds - FC United of Manchester - play Congleton Town in the North West Counties League at Witton Albion's ground. About 2,000 are anticipated.

Sir Alex has kept a long-made promise in personally opening the ground, which has grown over the past 18 months to be among the best in non-league football. He will un-veil a plaque in the main stand at 7.30pm.

He will be accompanied by Sir Bobby Charlton and Jack Crompton, the former goalkeeper and first team coach.

Fireworks and cheerleaders will give the evening a carnival atmosphere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived