The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Assists and at-fault-for's up for debate ofc. Suggestions for further stats welcome.

Goals for Ronaldo, Evra and O'Shea, assists for Rooney and Evra, clean sheet, yellow card for Paddy, plus all the other gubbins that only I find interesting.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where's Fletcher's assist for Ronaldo's goal? icon_mad.gif

And on a more serious note, Heinze should have an at fault for Carvalho's goal on sunday imo. If the guy you're marking at a corner gets a clean virtually unchallenged header, does that not count?

Okay, just seen the highlights after avoiding the score at work, didn't look as though Everton were up to much (thank goodness), pretty damn funny reading through the reaction on here to having pretty much all our defenders on the pitch at the same time bar Viddy, hopefully all our minor injuries clear up ASAP. So based on highlights...

MOM: Evra - goal and assist, what more can you ask for from our current #1 LB.

2ND: Rio - if only because of the plaudits on here and the highlights showing him well in control of Beattie a couple of times and putting in a saving tackle prior to having a go a VDS for not coming out and claiming the ball.

& in case it wasn't registered from the Chelsea game:

MOM: Carrick

2ND: Ronaldo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Assists and at-fault-for's up for debate ofc. Suggestions for further stats welcome.

Goals for Ronaldo, Evra and O'Shea, assists for Rooney and Evra, clean sheet, yellow card for Paddy, plus all the other gubbins that only I find interesting.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where's Fletcher's assist for Ronaldo's goal? icon_mad.gif

And on a more serious note, Heinze should have an at fault for Carvalho's goal on sunday imo. If the guy you're marking at a corner gets a clean virtually unchallenged header, does that not count? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with both of them actually. If Ronaldinho can get plaudits for playing the ball off his back then why can't Fletch? And Gabby was more culpable than anyone else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

thought it was carricks shot the led to ronaldos goal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hit Fletcher I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

thought it was carricks shot the led to ronaldos goal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carricks shot hit Fletcher, who did a beautifully controlled lay off with his arse to Ronaldo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Nortwhich ground is terrible as well

Went there with FC last year it's the most souless place i have ever been </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that the same ground though? The game tonight is to mark the official opening of the new Victoria Stadium, and from reading various Vics sites, they're describing it as one of the best stadiums outside the league.

oh yeah, sorted for Benfica as well \O/

stuck right at the back of scoreboard tier 2, but it's better than nowt and keeps me in with a shout of away games. nice bloke at the TO let me change my address too so it doesn't have to go all the way to buckingham to get sent back to salford :*)

Why do you care about being in with a shout for Euro aways Nick? It'll only be the UEFA...

NB: Since Mika has announced that he reckons that, and I quote, 'we'll do Benfica', I have appointed myself chief pessimist for our European campaign in the short term.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

oh yeah, sorted for Benfica as well \O/

stuck right at the back of scoreboard tier 2, but it's better than nowt and keeps me in with a shout of away games. nice bloke at the TO let me change my address too so it doesn't have to go all the way to buckingham to get sent back to salford :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Why do you care about being in with a shout for Euro aways Nick? It'll only be the UEFA...

NB: Since Mika has announced that he reckons that, and I quote, 'we'll do Benfica', I have appointed myself chief pessimist for our European campaign in the short term. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done, it's a tough task, but somebody has to do it. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Why do you care about being in with a shout for Euro aways Nick? It'll only be the UEFA... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not just for Euro aways - you can only apply for domestic aways if you've been to all prior home cup games, so i'd have not been able to apply for all the decent aways we have coming up after christmas.

And besides, the UEFA might throw us up some interesting places to visit. A return to Amsterdam certainly appeals...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

And besides, the UEFA might throw us up some interesting places to visit. A return to Amsterdam certainly appeals... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'd blatantly draw Blackburn.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has been told his place at Ajax is not under threat despite a slow start to the Eredivisie season.

The Holland international has been linked with a move to a host of top clubs, including Arsenal, Manchester United and Internazionale, but has netted just four league goals this season after hitting 33 last term.

Ajax coach Henk ten Cate remains confident, however, his star striker can regain his predatory touch.

He told Voetbal International: "It's hard for us (as a team) to score goals at the moment.

"Huntelaar doesn't yet have the form that he had last season but we will keep on helping and supporting him.

"He will be starting in the coming games too. The guy needs to give himself the final push.

"A goal will help in that, more than giving 10 assists

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Went there with FC last year it's the most souless place i have ever been </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that the same ground though? The game tonight is to mark the official opening of the new Victoria Stadium, and from reading various Vics sites, they're describing it as one of the best stadiums outside the league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeh it was the new one

Might not have been finished

But it's just a big shed one one side not much behind the goals then a new stand on the other side

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

and another oh!

booked my place on the coach for west ham \o/ (not fishal coach ofc) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you have a ticket?

I'm on the look out for one really want to go

Might go regardless of ticket and see if i can source one there

Hypothetically speaking and getting WAY ahead of myself, would a season in which we won the UEFA Cup and finished second be a successful or unsuccessful one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends on how we played to get to that runner up spot, and/or how far behind we trailed.

Hypothetically speaking and getting WAY ahead of myself, would a season in which we won the UEFA Cup and finished second be a successful or unsuccessful one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's one of those questions that can only be answered at the end of the season. In the summer we'd almost certainly have taken that, whereas now i'd say at least our hopes, if not our expectations, have changed. So if we struggle over the holiday programme and fall behind, and finish a comfortable second but well behind Chelsea, that would look different to only dropping to second by losing our last three games.

You wanted a yes or no answer, didn't you? icon_frown.gif

Was that the same ground though? The game tonight is to mark the official opening of the new Victoria Stadium, and from reading various Vics sites, they're describing it as one of the best stadiums outside the league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeh it was the new one

Might not have been finished

But it's just a big shed one one side not much behind the goals then a new stand on the other side </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't think i'm going anyway. would have to wait nearly two hours after the game for a train back, and £12 for effectively a reserve game isn't really justifiable at this time of year, especially for the unemployed icon_frown.gif

singing 'get to work you lazy twats' last night felt decidedly uncomfortable :/

All I asked for in the summer was for us to close the gap and at least be competitive in the league, which so far we have done. We don't have to win it to be successful.

But we have to improve in Europe too, CL QF's would be ok for me, draw permitting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Depends on how we played to get to that runner up spot, and/or how far behind we trailed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never did get the hang of succinct and to the point icon_biggrin.gif

a uefa cup run to the final would be good in the sense that we would get to see some new places, but id really like us to get to the next round, and wouldn't mind going out in the quarters if it was in an epic clash against barca or someone of similar stature. i want to see camp nou.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

a uefa cup run means we go out next week though, and i dont think i could handle that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Embrace the inevitability of us going out now. It will soothe your pain when it actually happens icon14.gif

*adopts Vadar voice* Join me...[/b}

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

a uefa cup run means we go out next week though, and i dont think i could handle that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Embrace the inevitability of us going out now. It will soothe your pain when it actually happens icon14.gif

*adopts Vadar voice* Join me...[/b} </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

genuinely i will be heartbroken if we go out to benfica again just one year on. last year was one of my worst nights as a united fan, and probably the drunkest i have ever been. i was ill for a full month afterwards.

On the way to the game yesterday, I was listening to Century and some man rang up and said, "I don't think Gary Neville should be the captain of Man United anymore. He made a vital mistake letting Louis Saha take that penalty against Chelsea*, even though he knew he was going to miss, we would of gone 6 points clear!"

I thought this was pretty funny, especially as Mickey Thomas later called him a plant pot.

* I haven't made a mistake he said Chelsea. icon_cool.gif

^

most unecessary cool smiley ever? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since Wicom and Scoot stopped using them more than i used winks, at least.

Last year wasn't quite so surprising as we weren't playing well, we were away with out terrible European away record and I think we all knew deep down that we were doomed.

This year would be much more painful as we are actually playing well and won our first three games.

Mon my rare optimism being justified.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

You are selling your Wigan ticket on viagogo? Or have I missed something?

Our squad can either cope with the league or Europe. Not both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was buying two additional tickets for people unknown but being he wasn't allowed to buy 2 on one membership number he needed my help

heh, from everton's 'rivals' board:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was at the game last night , wonder if rooney will be punished for kissing the badge in front of the Everton fans last night??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've no real beef with everton at all, but christ their fans aren't half a bunch of easily-offended, whingeing ****s. wouldn't surprise me at all if dozens of the self-pitying twats complained to the dibble - they've got so much form in that area they're fast turning into a collective equivalent of the daily mail.

note to the blue scouse: if you're going to abuse someone all game - call him a fat bastard, wish death on him, slag off his missus, y'know, that kind of thing - try to realise how pathetic it looks when you start bellyaching over something as trivial as him kissing his badge.

Archived