The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

once a blue

always a red

:****) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Got Benfica tickets \o/ was on the phone to ticket office for nearly 25 minutes before they bothered to get off their arses and pick up the phone. Was SO tempted to go for Boro away.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

don't think there's anything more to be read into it than them being completely focused on the game ahead and trying to ignore the sentimentality of the occasion. nothing to be particularly sad about really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but not even looking at each other... pffft.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

don't think there's anything more to be read into it than them being completely focused on the game ahead and trying to ignore the sentimentality of the occasion. nothing to be particularly sad about really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but not even looking at each other... pffft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're seriously reading way too much into it icon_biggrin.gif

Gary's always like that before any game, no reason he should change that just because it's his bro. I'm sure they had a laugh afterwards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Sensible for me, remember the stick Nicky Butt got from the Newcastle fans for talking to the United lads in the Cup Semi? They've never forgiven him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but they are "the world's best fans" icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Sensible for me, remember the stick Nicky Butt got from the Newcastle fans for talking to the United lads in the Cup Semi? They've never forgiven him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nicky Butt played for us that day iirc? he was awful but surrounded by other bodies of equal or worse awfulness. Such a fun game.

We wont be taking Tim Back, i just cant see why we would. With Van Der Sar, Kuszczak and high hopes for Foster there is pretty much no room for him.

He has had a fantastic season though so far and at £1m he would be a steal. I imagine some sort of price would have been agreed at least verbally before the loan because if we are only asking £1m after his season so far we are stupid.

I suppose it was agreed at the beginning, but it could end up being a sort of deal considering you'll owe us money as Rooney has extended his contract and we also get a bonus if you win the premiership this year. So i can imagine some sort of deal being done in regards to that so you don't end up paying us anything icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Lads, what's your predictions on the next 3 games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boro - Loss 3-0

Benfica - Loss 1-0

Citeh - Loss 2-1

icon_frown.gif

it's just not worth predicting anything positive even though i think we should win all three...

if we do win all three, endless giddyness will abound however. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maple:

The biggest Swedish TV channel claims Henrik Larsson is joining Manchester United on loan. His current Swedish club has announced a press conference at 12.30 CET claiming to reveal a major change in player personnel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh man that would be so fb, henrik larsson is such a hero of mine, even last season at barca he was awesome x 100.

not going to happen tho.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Reports in Sweden claim Manchester United are due to sign Henrik Larsson on a three-month loan.

Larsson's current club Helsingborgs have called a press conference for Friday afternoon when a big announcement will be made.

According to the Swedish media, the announcement will concern Helsingborgs agreeing to loan Larsson to United for three months.

United are currently short of striking options, with Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha the only recognised forwards available to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is injured, Alan Smith is still short of match fitness and Giuseppe Rossi is on loan at Newcastle United.

Ferguson recently hinted he could sign a striker in January and a possible three-month loan deal for Larsson would be suitable to all parties.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maple:

The biggest Swedish TV channel claims Henrik Larsson is joining Manchester United on loan. His current Swedish club has announced a press conference at 12.30 CET claiming to reveal a major change in player personnel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The press conference is on in about 10 minutes...

Reports will come as soon as there is anything to report... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

from january? we need someone NOW ffs, ole will be fit by then and we get rossi back icon13.gif

but seriously, he has the right attitude and calibre to be decent for us but im not expecting too much. think hes a bit past it tbh. still, at least we're addressing the issue in some way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtfz

now i like larsson as a player, and i suppose this could be considered a bit of a coup considering Barca were very keen on taking him back to Camp Nou on loan, but this doesn't make an awful lot of sense to me - Ole should be back in the next week or so, Rossi will be back from Newcastle in January and Smithy will hopefully be nearer a return after another month of this fitness programme.

i suppose there are going to be persistent doubts about Smudger, and Beppe may well go out on loan somewhere else, in which case i suppose it'll be useful to have Larsson to sit alongside Ole on the bench and form a geriatric striking tag-team, but it still smacks of short-termism and glazer stinginess.

really don't know what to make of this one, it's come from way out of leftfield :/

exactly, id have preferred a 1 month loan starting now. by january we will have far more cover (hopefully).

this just smacks of the glazers announcing 'we don't have any money in january and we aren't getting bent/defoe/torres or whoever else. get larsson in, a big name like that should appease the fans.'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I dunno if I'm making a bit of a leap here, but if this means Rossi is extending his stay at Newcastle ://////////////////// </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wont happen. After how he has been used so far i cant see anyone with half a brain agreeing to extend the deal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I assume it's Jan rather than now because of the transfer window...still, if that's the case we should have just knocked it on the head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The loan transfer deadline was last week I believe, so yeah that makes sense.

Archived