The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

nemanja's jaw aching from eating opposition strikers for breakfast icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Including eating away their bones as well icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "We've got Alan Smith on a speed programme that's very extensive but he's working very hard on it. Perhaps we mis-read the situation when he came back for pre-season, we were surprised how good he was but we didn't realise until Crewe and Southend how much work he had to do but he's working hard and improving". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After reading Fergies swipe at Chelsea (and about Drogba not getting a red card) i decided to watch the incident again and actually the old crazy scot is right. Drogba elbowed Vidic intentionally and he only got a red card. If Rooney would have done that he would have received a red card and would have been suspended half the season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Kieran penetrated quite a bit down the left, John O'Shea did well in midfield and Mikael Silvestre looked as though he had never been away in defence. Considering those lads had not played a lot recently they did very well.'' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is Nev trying to kid?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

He's hardly going to say they're all ****ing ****

They were ok tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

richardson was in no way "ok" ffs. utterly dire.

i'll grant o'shea and mickey being decent enough, but richardson was abysmal as usual.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

After reading Fergies swipe at Chelsea (and about Drogba not getting a red card) i decided to watch the incident again and actually the old crazy scot is right. Drogba elbowed Vidic intentionally and he only got a red card. If Rooney would have done that he would have received a red card and would have been suspended half the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops, i ment to say Drogba elbowed Vidic and he only got a yellow card.

Dont know if this bit has been posted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

And, while Ferguson continues to be linked with big-money moves for Fernando Torres and Darren Bent, the Scot is convinced now Larsson's arrival is certain, he will not need to look for any more forwards when the transfer window opens next month.

"No, we won't be going for any other strikers," confirmed the United boss.

"We have exhausted all avenues and this, without doubt, is the best option."

The imminent return of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer from a hamstring strain should see United through to the new year, when Giuseppe Rossi seems certain to be recalled from his loan spell at Newcastle, offering Ferguson even more alternatives for the start of the Red Devils' FA Cup campaign.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember in testing for FM2007 when we first moved Larson to Helsingborg in the DB some tester managed to get him for some top European side and then we proceded to get loads of bugs on it saying that Larson would never ever leave Helsingborg and we should hard-code it into the game so it's impossible to get him.

icon14.gif

Adu must wait until June for Man United decision

Teenage prodigy Freddy Adu must wait until next June to learn whether Manchester United will try to sign him.

The young United States international has just completed a two-week trial with the Old Trafford outfit, during which time he trained with United's academy team.

Adu's stint with United has captured the attention of soccer observers across the Atlantic.

Although Chelsea had also previously expressed an interest in the 17-year-old, who made the Major Soccer League play-offs with DC United this season, his club coach Peter Nowak believes that if the player is set on furthering his career in Europe he would be better advised moving to Holland.

However, while Adu - the youngest player to be capped by the USA - impressed Ferguson during his time in England, under UK employment legislation, the Red Devils boss cannot even consider whether to offer him a contract until he reaches his 18th birthday on June 2.

'Freddy has done all right,' confirmed Ferguson.

'He is a good talented young boy but there is nothing we can do about him.

'What we did was to bring him here to give him an idea of what United was like so he could see the place and see how comfortable he was with it.

'He is a very confident and talented boy but nothing can be done just yet.

'He will go back to the United States and we will keep a check on him. Then, when he is 18, we will have to assess what we can do next.'

Considering the reviews Larsson was getting in a similar role at Barca, i think he'll cut it as an impact sub. So the only worry then is that if we do need another striker for the second half of the season, which i think we do, we also have to plan for the assumption that we'll be in the title race, and he'll be going home just as the games become the most significant and pressurised.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Who becomes United's third striker if either Rooney or Saha get injured? Taking into consideration Larsson, Solksjaer and Smith are all fully fit and Rossi stays at Newcastle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rossi is coming back to us, Fergie has already said there is no chance in hell of him staying.

Smith wont magically get match fit in a month.

So the question becomes who from Rossi, Larsson and Ole comes in when one of the strikers is missing.

If we were to loan Rossi out again to a different club, which i dont think we will, it would leave it between Ole and Larsson.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Is there no match thread?

Anyway all my mates are busy or away today and my sky has been cancelled :\

Do i go to a pub on my own? never done this before and my local is closed for refurb so i can't even go somewhere that im known icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I watch most of the games that way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Do i go to a pub on my own? never done this before and my local is closed for refurb so i can't even go somewhere that im known icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I watch most of the games that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>On your own?

Don't you feel overly conscious of your self?

there is a match thread. started by a boro fan ofc, none of this going against protocol lark for us.

just go to the pub on your tod, worst that happens is you watch the game without any distractions. if you've any social skills i'm sure you can get some conversation going. personally i'd rather just concentrate on the match so wouldn't really care.

count yourself lucky - i'm going to miss half the game i think. going to a gig in blackburn tonight, plan was to get over to the land that time forgot before kick-off and then watch it all in a pub before the gig, but my daft mare of a gf forgot to book the day off work so we'll be on the train at some point during the match icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

If he's at the level he seemed to be in the CL final, i'd put Larsson ahead, but as that's the only game i've seen him in in the last year if not longer, i'll reserve judgement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have watched most of Barca's games last season when Larsson played (lol, only watched the games for him) and he was really really good in most of them. Even in the games where he was obviously off pace and losing balls he still managed to score headers from set pieces.

If he is still at the level he was when he left Barca then we really got a superb reserve on our hands who can even start if it's required.

I watch most of the games that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>On your own?

Don't you feel overly conscious of your self? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all. Most people are there to watch the footie, you're just doing the same. And since i've been going regularly, i've got to chatting to a few other reds in there as well. But i have no problem going to a pub i've never been to before and watching it.

I've even done it in in Sheffield pubs near Bramhall lane while we were actually playing them, while i was at Uni there. At least for the times i couldn't get tickets in the away end, as the one thing where i would draw the line i think is being an away fan in the home section.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

poor mark's outlived most of his friends </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Just no mates who combine the two traits of both living locally and being into football in general, let alone united in particular.

gah, such a failure. trivia question at ht of the spurs - arsenal game: name all the clubs andy cole has scored for.

i said newcastle, man utd, blackburn, birmingham, many city, portsmouth.

guess the part where i confuse cole for dwight :/

Archived