The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i ****ing love patrice evra </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he looks ****ing smug in a suit too iirc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Directions to the wall please?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

walk down SMBW, you'll see the end house before the development office, it's there

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Yeah I know it's not there, that's why I linked to it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoosh etc.

In Uni and can't be bothered to walk home yet, go me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

he looks ****ing smug in a suit too iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when is cl weekly repeated? i HAVE to see it

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Yeah I know it's not there, that's why I linked to it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoosh etc.

In Uni and can't be bothered to walk home yet, go me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get it right, the yank bas has bored you into a vegetable-like state

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

he looks ****ing smug in a suit too iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when is cl weekly repeated? i HAVE to see it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5pm on SkySports tonight I believe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Whoosh etc.

get it right, the yank bas has bored you into a vegetable-like state </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That as well icon_frown.gif

Get your ticket?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

I don't think it'll happen but if Manchester United screw up against Benfica on Wednesday night, there'll only be one person to blame - Sir Alex Ferguson. I don't know if it was arrogance or mere misjudgement but the manager, who's been celebrating 20 successful years at Old Trafford, made an awful mistake in Copenhagen. Instead of fielding a full strength side there, taking all three points and then coasting through the final games of the Champions League group, Fergie rested too many players and paid the price of defeat. He couldn't have anticipated that his team, now restored to proper proportions, could be superior to Celtic in the following match and still lose at Parkhead but it means United mustn't lose to the Portuguese or they'll go out at the group stage for the 2nd successive season: unthinkable, I know, so maybe we shouldn't think about it.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It may be Alan Green, but it's right.

• Administrators

Whoosh etc.

get it right, the yank bas has bored you into a vegetable-like state </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That as well icon_frown.gif

Get your ticket? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

course I did, 7.01am, Fulham home isn't seen as a big game, evidently icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Got any games in mind Rich? Keith's villa ticket is free at home, in the middle of January </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd normally bite your hand off for it, but she'll kill me if I bugger off before baby K is born icon_biggrin.gif I was thinking around March/April time when things have calmed down a bit.

course I did, 7.01am, Fulham home isn't seen as a big game, evidently icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My driving instructor would say that icon_biggrin.gif

I assume that you're in the end where you want to be too then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

I'm going to push BBBBBBBB off it and spill his beer icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't need any help to do that icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">At Fault For Goal:

27. Mikael SILVESTRE 2

2. Gary NEVILLE 1

3. Patrice EVRA 1

4. Gabriel HEINZE 1

5. Rio FERDINAND 1

6. Wes BROWN 1

7. Cristiano RONALDO 1

22. John O'SHEA 1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like how Silvestre barely played this season and he is already at fault for 2 goals icon_biggrin.gif

my rick astley adaptation for paddy has been cruelly overlooked :*(

how about this - topical with take that's return:

what evra we said, what evra we did, we didn't mean it

because it turns out you're quite good

(your our left-back, our new left-back)

yeah it turns out you're quite good

no? icon_frown.gif

saha and carrick need songs too really

*Ticket office in one step forward, two steps back stupidly frustrating error shocker*

So the club finally revamps the ticket application section of the site so that OU members like myself can make a futile attempt to get tickets for games, and it actually has all the appropriate data in the right place - including remembering my seating preferences for tickets, which it doesn't normally do. From stage 1-3 I'm thinking this is pretty damn nifty.

Then I get to stage 4; the card details bit.

For some reason, the TO and by extention the club has decided that cards can only expire in months 06-12 and in years 01-12 and similarly can only be valid from months 01-06 and again valid in years 01-12, and yet I'm just not sure how many cards they expect banks to allow to be valid 94 years from now.

Idiots the lot of them - signing off on a live system when its got such a dumbass error.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

nah it's not Gonch, at least not away </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in terms of songs im not sure. so few of the regulars songs we sing are about the players on the pitch. and the liverpool obsession is becoming obscene.

Guys - just something I've been pondering recently - IF you lot do win the title this year, will it be SAF's greatest coaching achievement at Man Utd?

I know this might sound a bit crazy and all (first title for nearly thirty years in 92/93, treble in 98/99 etc) but since I've been following football (94/95ish) I can't remember SAF winning the title without having the strongest squad (which you certainly don't have at the moment, and I would argue Chelsea's first X1 is stronger as well, though you would probably disagree). Suppose you could argue Arsenal had the strongest squad when you stormed back from behind in 02/03, but I would personally disagree.

So yeh, not trying to jinx you (even though I win a key fiver if Chelsea finish above you icon_biggrin.gif) but just wondering on what your thoughts are. Obviously SAF has probably done better jobs in youth-spotting, squad-building etc in the past, but when considering your squad/team is significantly weaker than Chelsea's (well, the squad for sure) if you did win the title would it be SAF's greatest coaching achievement?

Oh, and sorry if any of the dates are wrong, memory not what it was.

Archived