The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mart itching to bite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

t's just a shame that a hell of a lot of the fanbase doesn't gaf about the Glazers and are blinded that the fact we are top of the league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something from the Liverpool when discussing their impending takeover. The opposite is also true though, a minority of the fanbase will not listen to anything on the other side of the 'divide', blinded by their pure hatred of the Glazer's and what they have done.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

Grrr I knew you would fence-sit, go wild, be hypothetical.

Hmmm I'm not so sure you won't win it you know, Glazer's have made such an impact already, if they keep investing at the curent rate another treble would seem imminent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What investment would that be?

icon_biggrin.gif Clearly, I'm still in shock your doing so well seeing as your transfer activity consisted of Carrick in and RVN out, I well wanted Torres to come to the Premiership, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE £25 MILLION EH.

But yeh, can understand how you hate Glazer's, their clearly bad for the club, but I think all the "their *****" etc is a bit harsh - it's just a business for them, nothing personal.

I know why you hate them - because you love the club so much but think the personal vitriol (sp?) is a bit OTT at times.

why is it?

We went from being the richest club in the world to having a monster debt attatched to us, we went from buying the likes of Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Ferdinand to getting a 35 year old in on loan.

They've said in the past that the fans are important and how many times have they, not their "spokespeople" spoken to the fans? Just once, a **** poor MUTV interview with Joel Glazer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh and as I'm not in the North, we will definitely win

fact </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'm going :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

fact </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'm going :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what a special day :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

fact </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'm going :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rain icon_biggrin.gif

And Mart if not ONE person hurled abuse at them, are you riled at yourself aswell?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

fo, I shouted abuse at them, noone else did, sickened me tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what did everyone else do? stay quiet, or carry them out on their shoulders? Did you have a go at Johnny and other OTFers who were there who didn't join in with your vocal protest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Mart itching to bite.

t's just a shame that a hell of a lot of the fanbase doesn't gaf about the Glazers and are blinded that the fact we are top of the league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something from the Liverpool when discussing their impending takeover. The opposite is also true though, a minority of the fanbase will not listen to anything on the other side of the 'divide', blinded by their pure hatred of the Glazer's and what they have done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what's to listen to on the other side of this divide then? the Glazers are nothing but bad news

well I've already had enough of the utter farce that getting tickets has become.. and I fully blame them for that

so yea - they are massive massive twats </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

Someone want to give Go-Go the spending balance on the team post-Glazer?

And if that wasn't bad enough the ****ing massive loans they've attached to the club shows that they are **** businessmen.

In a lot of ways I think that unless Fergie goes rapidly psycho I don't want him to leave or think that we should be very actively looking for a successor. At least with him in charge if things go so bad that the club begins to go tits up (mass sales of key assets etc. & actually thinking about that phrase I'm not sure when a higher breast line has ever been worse than a sagging one...sorry back on topic) if he decided to stay I at least think we'd keep our heads above water in the Prem.

The other side of it is has anyone produced a hypothetical where or when the debts will hit their ceiling mark of manageability (sp?) for the club even if we maintain CL qualification and QF performances + top 3 Prem every year?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

I've got one for louis, in true Alan Partridge style.

Scoring one

Scoring two

Saha! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stealing from Redcafe? The lowest of the low my friend...

Sorry, unfinished post...meant to say that any major financial problems could be at a point where its definitely going to be post-Fergie anyway.

The point is I trust Fergie not to let the club go completely to the dogs while the playing side buck stops at his desk.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Mart itching to bite.

Something from the Liverpool when discussing their impending takeover. The opposite is also true though, a minority of the fanbase will not listen to anything on the other side of the 'divide', blinded by their pure hatred of the Glazer's and what they have done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what's to listen to on the other side of this divide then? the Glazers are nothing but bad news </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if things change for the better (financially) under them in the future (even though that is unbelievable) are you still going to say they are bad for us?

yep. they've still put my ST price up, they've still not delivered on promises (arf) about transfer spending, they've already proven themselves to be c**ts with no time for the fans.

basically you're using a situation not just hypothetical but near-enough impossible, which is pointless. may as well ask me if i'd still hate robbie fowler if he gave me a million quid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And if that wasn't bad enough the ****ing massive loans they've attached to the club shows that they are **** businessmen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know I'll get my head bitten off for this but actually that is the normal step for a new business cycle, obviously they've gone to extreme in that aspect which is way too much, and whether it was necessary is questionable.

tbh the Glazers borrowing £600m from Rothschild/Morgan to buy the club is no different than MUST considering to borrow a similar amount from Nomura, but where is the annoyance at that proposal?

I said it at the time, the ideal solution would be a DIC led takeover like what may happen down the East Lancs Road.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">basically you're using a situation not just hypothetical but near-enough impossible, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's as hypothetical as the opposite doom scenario.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

Right gotta go and take back a road sign vigilante style, when I look again tommorow I want in-depth answer's to my question.

2000 words should be enough mark. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pfft mark is so 2005. jimlad's your man tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">basically you're using a situation not just hypothetical but near-enough impossible, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's as hypothetical as the opposite doom scenario. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what? icon_biggrin.gif

run that one by me then, because as far as i can see, the opposite doom scenario is already in full swing?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And if that wasn't bad enough the ****ing massive loans they've attached to the club shows that they are **** businessmen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know I'll get my head bitten off for this but actually that is the normal step for a new business cycle, obviously they've gone to extreme in that aspect which is way too much, and whether it was necessary is questionable.

tbh the Glazers borrowing £600m from Rothschild/Morgan to buy the club is no different than MUST considering to borrow a similar amount from Nomura, but where is the annoyance at that proposal?

I said it at the time, the ideal solution would be a DIC led takeover like what may happen down the East Lancs Road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that isn't the ideal solution at all. and of course the must/nomura thing is different - it may be similar levels of debt but at least they'd have a) some idea how to run the club, and b) some consideration for the supporters

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

it's as hypothetical as the opposite doom scenario. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what? icon_biggrin.gif

run that one by me then, because as far as i can see, the opposite doom scenario is already in full swing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh sorry Nick, must have missed the news of receivers being called into OT to recover creditors money. That is the doom scenario, and there is no evidence that we are anywhere near that, or even if that is evidence in the long run there is a trend towards that as they have not been there long enough for such a trend to be spotted.

whoring the tickets out like a cheap hooker is a sign, you can't deny that.

Letting half the reserve team go out on loan so we don't have to pay their wages.

desperate emails all the bloody time for tickets/season tickets.

the signs are there.

I said it at the time, the ideal solution would be a DIC led takeover like what may happen down the East Lancs Road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that isn't the ideal solution at all. and of course the must/nomura thing is different - it may be similar levels of debt but at least they'd have a) some idea how to run the club, and b) some consideration for the supporters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes because Nomura will not act the same way as Rothschild/Morgan if circumstance are the same. As for the running of the club, yes fans will have the clubs best interests at heart, but I feel personally that it could result in ridiculous power struggles within the club (akin to the Presidential Elections at Spanish Clubs), which could hurt the club in the long run.

that's part of the doom scenario, a much more realistic part than the 'omgz they've made us financially secure' is. not having a penny to spend on transfers, season ticket prices going up, hardcore fans being alienated, club staff being laid off (leading to the current ticket office fiascos) - all parts of the 'doom scenario'.

if you can counter that with evidence in the glazers' favour, be my guest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

haha Man Utd supporters so hurt by the simple rules of economics icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha jordan so completely out of his depth amongst actual football supporters

Archived