The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Do you see where the mistake is in threatening aforementioned qualification by playing a formation that has proven to be sh*te on numerous occasions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember 442 being sh*te until 1999. It's very easy to hide behind tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, we never won anything before then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

clear windup

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

So not as black and white as "we got through, so everything's fine". Do you see? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very good. A shame you completely chose to miss my point because it suited you. A football match is not black and white. The best team does not always win. Sometimes we will be the better team and not go though. Just stop moaning, jeez!!! It's like we're Aston Villa or something!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

charlie nicholas saying we have no players who look for the short passes in midfield :**)

idiot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, thats why we wont win the cl apparently. all our midfielders want to get forward too often. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

When is the next Champiosn League game

Febuary time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> First knockout round, 1st leg 20/21.02.2007

First knockout round, 2nd leg 06/07.03.2007

Quarter-finals, 1st leg 03/04.04.2007

Quarter-finals, 2nd leg 10/11.04.2007

Semi-finals, 1st leg 24/25.04.2007

Semi-finals, 2nd leg 01/02.05.2007

Final (Athens, Greece) 23.05.2007 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

Do you see where the mistake is in threatening aforementioned qualification by playing a formation that has proven to be sh*te on numerous occasions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember 442 being sh*te until 1999. It's very easy to hide behind tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, we never won anything before then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

clear windup </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly talking about europe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Could we beat Barcelona over two legs? that is the killer question.

I think so with the current form of our defence, any injuries would be a serious blow though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh i dont think we could, but it would be an epic encounter against a quality side. and ive never been there before, i know people who live there, they're my 2nd team (sort of) and id love to see eto'o and ronaldinho in the flesh.

so yeh, barca icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

When is the next Champiosn League game

Febuary time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> First knockout round, 1st leg 20/21.02.2007

First knockout round, 2nd leg 06/07.03.2007

Quarter-finals, 1st leg 03/04.04.2007

Quarter-finals, 2nd leg 10/11.04.2007

Semi-finals, 1st leg 24/25.04.2007

Semi-finals, 2nd leg 01/02.05.2007

Final (Athens, Greece) 23.05.2007 </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Larson would only get one round then icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

So not as black and white as "we got through, so everything's fine". Do you see? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very good. A shame you completely chose to miss my point because it suited you. A football match is not black and white. The best team does not always win. Sometimes we will be the better team and not go though. Just stop moaning, jeez!!! It's like we're Aston Villa or something! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't missed any point because it suited me. The only point you seem to be making is "everything's fine because we got through". If there's another point in there please enlighten me. If not, accept the fact that i haven't missed it, i just think it's ********.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

i still have NO idea what you're on about. if we kept at 4-5-1 we wouldn't have been the better team and thus wouldn't have...

no, i still have NO idea what you're on about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or would have won 4-0. What is your point? Seriously, why is everone moaning tonight?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

What aways would people consider going to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

id be more reluctant to do roma and eindhoven because of their hooligan elements, but it will be difficult to resist doing any of them once february comes around.

the team i most want to avoid there is porto simply because ive had enough of portuguese teams over the last few years

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

ive never been there before

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went there for a certain game in '99. icon_biggrin.gif My dad uses it to black-mail me for everything though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

yeah but this is the thing, you're entire argument is that we *might* have won by fanciful amounts by sticking to a formation that ALREADY HAD US DOWN A GOAL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And playing badly and not looking like scoring.

i think i love patrice tbh. probably go weak at the knees if i hear him talk in a no doubt sexy french accent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like that?

I haven't missed any point because it suited me. The only point you seem to be making is "everything's fine because we got through". If there's another point in there please enlighten me. If not, accept the fact that i haven't missed it, i just think it's ********. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point is, there is always a negativity no matter the result or outcome.

My guess is, that you would be complaining at our lack of cover because Neville P is playing left back, FA S/F 99. That's my point. Just enjoy the moment. Stop looking for something that's wrong. And no need to swear at me, it's just an opinion?

i think i love patrice tbh. probably go weak at the knees if i hear him talk in a no doubt sexy french accent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For all that he's been great this season, he was poor defensively tonight. Simao had the better of that contest.

i still have NO idea what you're on about. if we kept at 4-5-1 we wouldn't have been the better team and thus wouldn't have...

no, i still have NO idea what you're on about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or would have won 4-0. What is your point? Seriously, why is everone moaning tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow. that would have been impressive. playing so well that we score four goals (despite not looking like doing so once beforehand) AND persuading the ref to chalk off their goal, awesome \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went there for a certain game in '99. icon_biggrin.gif My dad uses it to black-mail me for everything though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>How old were you then?

yeah but this is the thing, you're entire argument is that we *might* have won by fanciful amounts by sticking to a formation that ALREADY HAD US DOWN A GOAL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My *argument* is that *anything* could have happened *in-spite* of *formations*!!

My point is, there is always a negativity no matter the result or outcome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're wrong.

Not to mention we are complaining about a VERY VERY valid point.

I haven't missed any point because it suited me. The only point you seem to be making is "everything's fine because we got through". If there's another point in there please enlighten me. If not, accept the fact that i haven't missed it, i just think it's ********. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point is, there is always a negativity no matter the result or outcome.

My guess is, that you would be complaining at our lack of cover because Neville P is playing left back, FA S/F 99. That's my point. Just enjoy the moment. Stop looking for something that's wrong. And no need to swear at me, it's just an opinion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's a f**king rubbish opinion icon14.gif

try getting your noggin round this:

WE ARE ALL ENJOYING THE MOMENT, BUT WE ARE ALSO REFUSING TO STICK OUR HEAD IN THE SAND AND IGNORE THE GLARING TACTICAL ERRORS THAT SAW US GO A GOAL BEHIND. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BOTH BE PLEASED WITH THE PERFORMANCE AND POINT OUT ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went there for a certain game in '99. icon_biggrin.gif My dad uses it to black-mail me for everything though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>How old were you then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure he has said he was 15 on here before.

Amazing how many people were in Barcelona that night.

WE ARE ALL ENJOYING THE MOMENT, BUT WE ARE ALSO REFUSING TO STICK OUR HEAD IN THE SAND AND IGNORE THE GLARING TACTICAL ERRORS THAT SAW US GO A GOAL BEHIND. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BOTH BE PLEASED WITH THE PERFORMANCE AND POINT OUT ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

WE ARE ALL ENJOYING THE MOMENT, BUT WE ARE ALSO REFUSING TO STICK OUR HEAD IN THE SAND AND IGNORE THE GLARING TACTICAL ERRORS THAT SAW US GO A GOAL BEHIND. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BOTH BE PLEASED WITH THE PERFORMANCE AND POINT OUT ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wts

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm not gay but if vida lubed me up I'd let him slide it in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm...

Now Vida is my 2nd favourite United player now (very close to Heinze) but.... uhm. lol

After looking at the goal again, I think it's hard to blame someone in particular, I just think that it was a cracking shot, though I can see why people have suggested Carrick and Evra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's more Carrick's fault for the goal.

Archived