The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i tried to see you bbb but couldnt, so no :*) was thrown.

atmosphere was AWFUL in north stand icon_biggrin.gif 2 lads doing their best to start any kind of noise amongst a sea of people who didnt seem to be arsed, picked up a bit when we were piling on the pressure for the goal but that was about it. even heard some easy chants after we equalised ffs icon_biggrin.gif

any idea on evras injury? thought he was superb last night, such a composed player. cant believe i was so against his signing, wp paddy for making me look a twat. vidic immense as everyone has said, what a monster. simao attempting to square up to him and reaching his nipples a personal highlight.

RONNIE END PRODUCT icon_cool.gif

love it if we get real, ruud and big dave coming home so good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

love it if we get real, ruud and big dave coming home so good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too good. The Mika's of this world would be cheering for them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

love it if we get real, ruud and big dave coming home so good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too good. The Mika's of this world would be cheering for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

becks and ruud would deserve a massive ovation tbh, but all this wanting ruud to score business is nonsense

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Too good. The Mika's of this world would be cheering for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

becks and ruud would deserve a massive ovation tbh, but all this wanting ruud to score business is nonsense </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh for sure. I'd give them a standing ovation at the start. But I wouldn't want either one doing anything positive during the game. I couldn't care less if Ruud scored or not.

He will mind, if we get em icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

its really not

GIVEN that we qualify, I would really like Ruud to score. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes but the bottom line is any ruud goal is going to put us qualifying in jeopardy. if you think we're going to be 5-1 up and ruud is going to score a gracious consolation goal then fair enough. but we all know any ruud goal, especially at old trafford, would potentially cause us massive problems

Alrite lads, livin in Ireland here and want to get tickets and go over to another United match. Been a few times before but have only got the tickets through knowing players relatives and stuff like that.

I wouldn't like to do this again and I'll probably end up having to buy one of those package deals offered by the coach companys over here but was wondering if theres any other ways I could try get a couple of tickets? Cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

its really not

GIVEN that we qualify, I would really like Ruud to score. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes but the bottom line is any ruud goal is going to put us qualifying in jeopardy. if you think we're going to be 5-1 up and ruud is going to score a gracious consolation goal then fair enough. but we all know any ruud goal, especially at old trafford, would potentially cause us massive problems </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes the likelihood is if he scores it means we arent cruising.

But I have never said anything other than the fact I would love him to have scored provided it didn't prove crucial to us going out.

Nick has 1st dibs on Newcastle, then James.

because the fella who I've got the villa off wants to swap 2 away for 2 home and as Keith isn't going I've asked him to use his and mine \o/

as for newcastle, the fella asked me so YAS

for west ham, a superb chap gave me it \o/

Wondering if you guys can do me a favour persuading my mongish Man U-supporting friend that the Glazers haven't invested money in players since they arrived. Can't find the list of transfers since they took over but pretty sure there hasn't been that much net investment. Is there a handy list?

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>IN:

Michael Carrick (Tottenham) £14m*

Tomasz Kuszczak (W.B.A.) Loan (p/ex)

Total: £14m

OUT:

Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid) £11m

John Obi Mikel (Chelsea) £6m*

Jonathan Spector (West Ham) £500k

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Plymouth) £250k

David Bellion (Nice) Undisc.

Luke Steele (W.B.A.) P/Ex

Paul McShane (W.B.A.) P/Ex

Quinton Fortune (Bolton) Free

Liam Miller (Sunderland) Free

Markus Neumayr (Duisburg) Free

Mads Timm (Odense) Free

Mark Howard (Brondby) Free

Eddie Johnson (Bradford) Free

Phil Picken (Chesterfield) Free

Colin Heath (Macclesfield) Free

Tommy Lee (Macclesfield) Free

Kyle Moran (Free Agent) Released

Gerard Piqué (Zaragoza) Loan

Guiseppe Rossi (Newcastle) Loan

Chris Eagles (NEC Nijmegen) Loan

Lee Martin (Rangers) Loan

Phil Bardsley (Rangers) Loan

Tim Howard (Everton) Loan

Ben Foster (Watford) Loan

Adam Eckersley (Brondby) Loan

Jonathan Evans (Antwerp) Loan

Danny Simpson (Antwerp) Loan

Darron Gibson (Antwerp) Loan

Fraizer Campbell (Antwerp) Loan

Total: £17.75m~

Squad depth and wage bill: Decimated

Net Outlay: -£3.75m

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Reserves: United 2 City 0

United's Reserves beat Manchester City in their final game of 2006 thanks to goals from Kieran Richardson and Alan Smith, while long-term absentee Ji-sung Park added gloss to the evening by completing 45 minutes of action.

The Korean winger, out of action since early September after damaging ankle ligaments, looked lively in tricky, saturated conditions and showed no ill effects before being withdrawn at half time.

Park, Smith and Richardson were part of a strong side named by Brian McClair and Jim Ryan, with Tomasz Kuszczak replacing Tom Heaton in goal.

The monsoon-style conditions did little to aid the flow of the game in the opening minutes as both sides were restricted to half-chances in a slow start.

City's Ched Evans flashed a header just wide of Kuszczak's post after 11 minutes, while Smith had a close-range effort deflected over shortly afterwards following Richardson's quick free-kick.

Richardson moved United into the lead in first-half injury time with a beautiful curling free-kick from the edge of the area, a moment of class totally out of keeping with the rest of a bitty, needle-filled first half.

Shocked into life by the Reds' opener, City started the second half well on top, and Kuszczak needed to be alert to save Kelvin Etuhu's swerving strike with his feet.

Despite being on the back foot for the opening five minutes of the half, United soon found their rhythm again and doubled their advantage as Smith scored his first goal since returning from injury.

Aaron Burns pressured City keeper Joe Hart into a hashed clearance, andSmith arced a fine lob into the unguarded goal with the outside of his foot from over 25 yards to effectively bury the game.

Smith was a whisker away from getting onto a great Michael Barnes cross, while Hart made a superb save to deny Aaron Burns from close range as United continued to forge the better openings.

Kieran Lee sent a long-range effort into Hart's arms, and the Blues stopper flung himself to his left to keep out Jamie Mullan's speculative effort as time ticked away.

Kuszczak produced a fine reaction stop to turn Evans' 20-yard drive over the bar with five minutes remaining, and pulled off another close-range stop from the same player but that was City's final threat.

United held on to notch their third win of the season over their local rivals, pointing the way for Sir Alex Ferguson's first team ahead of Saturday's senior derby at Old Trafford.

United: Kuszczak, Gray, Rose, Cathcart, Lea, Lee, Park (Mullan, 46), Richardson, Smith, Burns, Barnes (Evans, 76).

Subs not used: Heaton, Ngalula, Marsh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Richardson moved United into the lead in first-half injury time with a beautiful curling free-kick from the edge of the area, a moment of class totally out of keeping with the rest of his career. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Richardson moved United into the lead in first-half injury time with a beautiful curling free-kick from the edge of the area, a moment of class totally out of keeping with the rest of his career. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

be fair, he's look half-decent on at least one other occasion for the reserves.

great news about park and smudge, be mighty useful if they can come into contention over the christmas period.

Got this from ticket office today, might do no harm to drop in tomorrow. . . .

Manchester United V Man City

Old Trafford, 09/12/2006

Kick Off 12:45

We have had a small number of tickets released for Saturday's game. As you were unsuccessful in the original ballot we are inviting you to purchase tickets by calling 0870 442 1994 from 9am tomorrow morning

Thank you for your continued support which is very much appreciated.

Regards

Ticket & Membership Services

Ticket & Match Information Line 0870 442 1968

Ticket Sales 0870 442 1999

Ticket Enquiries 0870 442 1994

Website www.manutd.com

Archived