The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Me

NickOGS0

Coldberg

Jamesohseven

alansmithifb

rcjuk

don't think i've forgotten anyone icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just turned the branch down, too. icon_frown.gif Arse, feck, bastard christmas. Wants banning it does. Seriously.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

George Best Fivers have arrived \o/

Four available, so if any of you clowns want one, e-mail in profile icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>you have mail

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

Four available, so if any of you clowns want one, e-mail in profile icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

E-mailed ya

Four available, so if any of you clowns want one, e-mail in profile icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have mail.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Any of you guys watching England U16's? Great cross by your guy Northwood (sp?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Norwood, Oliver. He iqg icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

just heard the Monster song played again... cant help but think of the Vidic song now icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha, was in the sports bar in piccadilly station tonight and it came on icon_cool.gif

christ i'm going to be hungover at the wall tomorrow icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

giggsy such an utter legend, one of the people you'll look back at and be genuienly proud to have watched week in week out icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, so underrated too, easily in my top 5 all time players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

oi, nick! now that the game is patched, all i'm waiting on to play it is your data update for united.

where is it? icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nearly done \O/

not going out tonight now, so if i'm not too inebriated post-derby, i might get to finish it off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

giggsy such an utter legend, one of the people you'll look back at and be genuienly proud to have watched week in week out icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, so underrated too, easily in my top 5 all time players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wts :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "In the past there has been a lot of talk about United's big games nowadays being against Liverpool and Chelsea.

"But I am sure some of their fans live in this city too and they won't want to go into work knowing our supporters are the ones who have the bragging rights." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice try pearce you twat

yeh thats what i just came in here to mention. sounds a bit odd... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah 5 live just mentioned lippi, gill and fergie will be there, but most likely to be the announcment of a charity match, and not our next manager.

3-1 win and 9 clear.

Fergies decision to bring off Saha for O'Shea was just shocking in its stupidity and to then invite City onto us for the rest of the game.

I could understand resting Saha and bringing on say Ole for him but that was tactical and stupid.

We werent too good at defending at times and for their goal the lack of closing down was just shocking.

VDS had a bad game for me, he didnt inspire confidence at all.

Giggs wasnt in the game at all and along with Rooney his use of the ball was very poor.

But on the plus side Rooney, Ronnie and Saha all scored.

MoM between Scholes, Vidic and Ronaldo for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedRob:

Lippi getting a back room role apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs why? just when everything is looking well balanced...

Good derby game I thought today, nice back and forth about it, and well deserved victory.

Citeh didn’t do badly at times, and showed a lot of endeavour, but they were very sloppy at times and that’s what’s cost them today. I don’t quite know who to blame for the goal; Vidic lets Ireland get past him to set Trabelsi free but Rio is closest to him and lets him move the ball on to his left foot for the strike so I guess that he’s probably more culpable. I don’t know what Fergie was thinking making the Saha for O’Shea substitution so early; there was really no need to go that defensive with 20-25 mins to go. A bit of a tactical misstep for me. As for the goals, second great ball from Ronaldo in a week for Rooney’s opener (for the record I don’t think it touched any Citeh defenders on the way through). Good gamble by Saha to get on the end of Heinze’s ball across the box for our second, and Ronny was well placed again for the third off Rooney’s cross/strike.

A couple of great saves from VDS today but that was coupled with a few indecisive moments and I didn’t think he was at his most assured. GNev was GNev, no complaints. A very good return to the first team for Gabby today, arguably the best he’s played since he came back from the WC. Rio did fine and Vidic was imperious, or at least he was barring the mistake against Ireland and a couple of very early dodgy touches.

Ronaldo was excellent in the first half, but faded for a long period in the second but overall very good. Carrick did well moving the ball and was understated but effective. Scholesy dominated again in the centre of the park from start to finish today – what a player. Despite the fact that it was his 688 t h appearance today, Giggsy was by and large anonymous apart from 1 through-ball, 1 strike at the end of a good move and 2 very good crosses – how sky have given him MOM is beyond me.

Rooney worked very hard today and was looking to stay involved all the time if like Taz said his distribution wasn’t top notch. Saha showed more willingness to get involved in the build-up portions of our game today so I’m happier with him than I have been recently. Both got goals as well so that’s another plus.

MOM: Vidic – first half work was so important at 1-0.

2ND: Scholes – influential from start to finish whereas Ronaldo faded in the second half.

Now lets beat West Ham next Sunday with Carrick breaking his duck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

As for the goals, second great ball from Ronaldo in a week for Rooney’s opener (for the record I don’t think it touched any Citeh defenders on the way through). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It looked to me like it was a pretty obvious touch by the defender.

Scholes started great but faded a lot 2nd half hence our less imposing performance.

Agree with Taz on everything except I thought Giggs was in the game quite a bit and did okay if a little wasteful at times

MotM: Ronaldo

2nd: Vidic

Rooney unlucky cos he was doing great until we took off Saha and left him alone to try and win headers against their much taller centre backs

Just like Vidic had a couple of missteps in the first 5-10mins of the first, Scholes did have a crazy 5mins at the start of the second where he couldn't find his touch or judgement but he stayed in the game more than Ronaldo in the second half.

As for Ron's ball to Rooney, I thought it clipped a defender in real-time but in the replay I didn't see a touch from the defender but rewatching MoTD later will probably prove me wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

As for Ron's ball to Rooney, I thought it clipped a defender in real-time but in the replay I didn't see a touch from the defender </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs..

Archived