The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Wiki, the fountain of all knowledge icon_wink.gif says that Lippi is now confirmed to take over SAF at the end of the 2007/08 season.

As somone posted above if he is appointed as DOF today it kind of all makes sense icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where does it say that?

MotM: Ronaldo

Runner-up: Carrick

Because apart from that and Neville all of them had crazy moments. Rooney and Giggs were full of dreadful passing all around, Scholes had 5-10min of insanity at the beginning of 2nd half, Vidic had a few lapses of concentration (including for goal), Heinze as well, Rio was better than Vidic and VDS had great saves but seemed a bit off as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh and Heinze really does get sucked in centrally FAR too often. all the time in fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most noteably was a freekick for Citeh in the 1st half where one of the city players had a free header.

I just don't get it. Is it tactical orders or he simply does that on his own?

Yeah I dunno. It would seem weird to be tactical, but its never stopped Fergie before.

Maybe thinks Giggs should be tracking back to do the left back role with Heinze more central for the aerial ability :/

But really I just think he has a tendency to come in towards the ball leaving a winger in space

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

ahahaha vida:

'we have 2 days off now, its good to rest, i want to rest and come back to full power'

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

power icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Rumour is Carlos is going with Lippi coming in as the new #2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

never gonna happen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Rumour is Carlos is going with Lippi coming in as the new #2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fergie and carlos were hugging on the touchline after rooney's goal, doubt hes leaving

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

oh and btw, Bestie fivers promised to RedBlood, deanb291186, Coldberg and BBB icon14.gif might have one more as well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can i have it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

oh and btw, Bestie fivers promised to RedBlood, deanb291186, Coldberg and BBB icon14.gif might have one more as well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Legend :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

can i have it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif email in profile

can i have it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif email in profile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks, its on its way

"At a press conference staged at Old Trafford in Manchester on Saturday afternoon, just after the local derby between Manchester United and Manchester City, plans to play a celebration match at the stadium were unveiled.

The event will mark two jubilees – and a marriage of two proposals which arrived at UEFA’s headquarters in Switzerland. The European Union tabled the idea of a match to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome which, on 25 March 1957, formally laid the foundations for a united Europe.

Manchester United then expressed a wish to commemorate the club’s 50 years of involvement in European competitions, notably the Champion Clubs’ Cup, known nowadays as the UEFA Champions League. United were the first English team to enter the competition and the story which was begun by Sir Matt Busby’s ‘Busby Babes’ in the 1956/57 season has run in parallel with the lifespan of the European Union. The club’s 50 years in Europe have coincided with the 50 years of the united Europe.

As a result, Old Trafford will be the setting for a match between Manchester United FC and a Europe XI featuring star players from UEFA’s member associations who have made contributions to the success of the UEFA Champions League. Any proceeds from the match will be used for charitable purposes under the umbrella of the Manchester United Foundation, with the emphasis on projects of lasting benefit for the future.

"

oh and why was Lippi at OT:?

"Marcello Lippi, world champion as the head coach of Italy last summer, has agreed to take the helm of the UEFA Select XI. “I accepted the invitation immediately,†he comments. “I’m delighted by the prospect of such a game and I am already looking forward to taking on my great friend Sir Alex Ferguson.†The Italian coach will select the European squad and will have UEFA’s Technical Director, Andy Roxburgh, as his assistant.

The jubilee match will be played on Tuesday 13 March, kicking-off at 21.00 CET (20.00 local time).

“I think this is an excellent way of combining two celebrations and commemorating the 50th birthday of the European Union,†comments UEFA’s Chief Executive, Lars-Christer Olsson. “It seems very appropriate to mark a political landmark with a sporting event like this, especially bearing in mind that Manchester United FC are one of the clubs who have made such a rich contribution to a football competition that, I think it’s fair to say, has also helped to bring the peoples of Europe closer together.â€

Manchester United Chief Executive, David Gill, added: “This is the first major protect for the Manchester United Foundation. European nights at Old Trafford create a special buzz. Fans and players can feel the excitement these games generate. Manchester United is proud of the fact that it was the first English club to enter European competition and it is a privilege to be able to host such a special game.

"I’m sure the night will bring back many special memories of glorious nights of our past. Our thanks go to UEFA, the EU and the clubs and players that will take part in the event. We hope to raise a lot of money to benefit Europe’s young people from Old Trafford to Belgrade.â€

"

ahahah playing a charity match against a europe XI in march, just when we (hopefully) will be right in the middle of a title race.

**** off glazer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jesus, whs

they have NO clue whatsoever

9 points clear, lets see how you balls this up Fergie?

Started well and Rooney finished his goal well and In my opinion the ball took a slight deflection off a City defender (basically online with where I sit). Thought Gabby & Rooney did really well for the second goal and Saha did well to get on the end of it. Why oh Why did Ferguson bring Saha off for O'shea? sure saha has one of those days but going so defensivley so early was just asking for trouble and you could see them scoring a good 5 minutes before they did. Did well to get back infront after that and Ronaldo was well posistioned for his goal and a deserved goal for him.

Thought Saha & Giggs were awful , they just couldnt pass the ball at all today. Rooney did very well in first 45 and faded when Saha got brought off. Scholes and Carrick played well even though the sat far to deep leading up to their spell of pressure. As usual the back four made very few mistakes and thought Vidic & Heinze were brilliant.

MoM: Michael Carrick - Did his job very well today, broke up play well and played some nice passes.

2nd: Heinze - Best he has played since his injury, dealt with everything City threw at him and sometimes had to do twice the work because Giggs kept wandering into the centre.

Gotta say the best chant of the season so far goes to City fans for their John O'shea song. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Gotta say the best chant of the season so far goes to City fans for their John O'shea song. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what were they singing?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Anyone who doesn't think Vidic is the MOTM is ********. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did play well and it was a tough call between him & Heinze for 2nd place, just thought Carrick deserved it, thought he played really well.

Archived