The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dutch Dave:

Remember, that if you guys really want Huntelaar, you're getting this too:

http://img.downstairs.cc/img/fd11fbe98f445ede75e8634930664c6c/huntelaar.gif

http://suprfile.com/src/1/395fjd3/huntelaarguzman.gif

http://suprfile.com/src/1/3cimn59/KlaasJanH2.gif

Especially the last one is brilliant icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Am I the only one completely not fussed either way about Huntelaar?

Yeah, he could be a Van Nistelrooy. But he could be a Kezman. And from what I've seen of him he's more your typical striker - tall, good in the air and strong - which we seemed to have moved away from slightly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Am I the only one completely not fussed either way about Huntelaar? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no.

i'm more concerned about us "regressing" from the fluid style of play we've developed post-ruud. any new striker has to be more saha than RvN tbh.

a question lads: how big an offer is realistically "too good to turn down" for alan smith right now? ignoring the debt, and looking at it strictly from a footballing PoV.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Am I the only one completely not fussed either way about Huntelaar? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no.

i'm more concerned about us "regressing" from the fluid style of play we've developed post-ruud. any new striker has to be more saha than RvN tbh.

a question lads: how big an offer is realistically "too good to turn down" for alan smith right now? ignoring the debt, and looking at it strictly from a footballing PoV. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did we pay for him? £7 million? Probably a bit above that (to save face and all).

Shame because I love smudge icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dutch Dave:

I can't figure out if he is doing that on purpose or if he is simply a god awful bloody idiot icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

I can't figure out if he is doing that on purpose or if he is simply a god awful bloody idiot icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Purpose. He tends to get a little frustrated at times. icon_biggrin.gif

Right, im currently 15 but when I turn 16 I will have to move my season ticket away from the family stand (lower stretford end).

However, my birthday is in June (after the football season), so my point is - is this my last season in the family stand or will I be in there next season too? Anyone know?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I guess it all depends mate, I think that if you get your renewal in before your birthday then you'll be fine, otherwise naw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

K ta. I have no idea where me and my Dad are going to re-locate to though, suppose Stretford End would be pretty cool for the atmosphere. But the North stand tier 1, 2 or the South stand would be the best for actually viewing the game. Probably harder and a lot dearer to get season tickets in those stands though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">U18s cup tie moved

United Under-18s' FA Youth Cup third round tie with S****horpe has been moved.

The match, originally scheduled for this Thursday night at Old Trafford, has been moved to Saturday 16 December.

The tie will kick off at 14:00 GMT and will be played at Hyde United's Ewen Fields stadium. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bugger icon_frown.gif

will probably still go tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Chief executive David Gill says the Reds haven't made any further moves to persuade Bayern Munich to sell England midfielder Owen Hargreaves, and Fergie has yet to pop his shopping list on Gill's desk.

"We haven't really discussed incoming transfers in detail but there is money there," said Gill.

"If we determine that there is somebody who can come in and strengthen the club, then there is certainly money there." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that puts my mind at rest then

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

no.

a question lads: how big an offer is realistically "too good to turn down" for alan smith right now? ignoring the debt, and looking at it strictly from a footballing PoV. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's nothing to be gained by selling him if we don't have another player lined up in january, and a good chance he'll be able to make a decent contribution in the second half of the season once he's fully fit.

So we're realistically talking not selling at all unless it's to finance getting someone in. Given that, the price i'd accept would depend on who we were getting in and in what position, as realistically we'd still need a striker or at least an attacking player to plug the gap.

no.

There's nothing to be gained by selling him if we don't have another player lined up in january, and a good chance he'll be able to make a decent contribution in the second half of the season once he's fully fit.

So we're realistically talking not selling at all unless it's to finance getting someone in. Given that, the price i'd accept would depend on who we were getting in and in what position, as realistically we'd still need a striker or at least an attacking player to plug the gap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

"For six weeks or so, we have operated with my heart in my mouth, hoping nothing serious would befall Louis or Wayne," added Ferguson.

"It was a situation that worried me - as I know it did our supporters."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not totally oblivious then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

What club is he on about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The article (and rumours at the time), suggest Real, but I don't know for certain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard it was FCUM but they ended their interest after signing Alex Mortimer from Flixon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

"For six weeks or so, we have operated with my heart in my mouth, hoping nothing serious would befall Louis or Wayne," added Ferguson.

"It was a situation that worried me - as I know it did our supporters."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not totally oblivious then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah strangely that somewhat reassured me :/

although we shouldnt have been in that position to start with so yea

no.

Is this in response to the rumour that Everton want him to replace Beattie in January?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

although we shouldnt have been in that position to start with so yea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know exactly what you mean, sometimes you wonder if he sees the problems we all know are glaringly obvious and when he says things like that to suggest that he does, then it's a relief somehow icon_biggrin.gif

From tonights Guardian Fiver

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Park Ji-sung will be scampering around the DevilBowl again in the next few weeks, now that the midfielder has recovered from ankle-knack. Lord Ferg's cheeks are also glowing with pleasure at the prospect of seeing the Emmerdale Eminem, Alan Smith, and Hobbiton's Ole Gunnar Solskjaer returning to fitness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know it'll be considered blasphemy, but i laughed at the last description icon_biggrin.gif

no.

Is this in response to the rumour that Everton want him to replace Beattie in January? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm "rumour" on RI saying that we want Beattie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

although we shouldnt have been in that position to start with so yea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know exactly what you mean, sometimes you wonder if he sees the problems we all know are glaringly obvious and when he says things like that to suggest that he does, then it's a relief somehow icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not so sure. It still makes you wonder why we're in this position. It could still be that he sees them, just after it's too late to get anyone else in, or that he sees them but there's actually no money available. The only option that lets Fergie off the hook is if there was simply no-one available.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

no.

Is this in response to the rumour that Everton want him to replace Beattie in January? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm "rumour" on RI saying that we want Beattie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While i'd never rule anything out since the day Fergie admitted he wished we'd signed Mick Harford, i have to believe that's about as accurate as the predictions that Lippi was joining the backroom staff.

no.

hmm "rumour" on RI saying that we want Beattie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just stop reading that utter waste of bandwidth ffs icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

oh, and pardew getting sacked today is horrendous timing. new manager syndrome next week icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I instantly thought that, when I heard the news he had been sacked. icon_frown.gif

I know exactly what you mean, sometimes you wonder if he sees the problems we all know are glaringly obvious and when he says things like that to suggest that he does, then it's a relief somehow icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. And that in itself doesnt get Fergie off the hook at all, it's just somehow comforting to know he's not quite as ******** as he sometimes seems icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

oh, and pardew getting sacked today is horrendous timing. new manager syndrome next week icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I posted similar in that Pards thread.

it's SO blatant icon_frown.gif

Archived