The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's no Kent-Manchester journey tbh

taking 7.5 hours to get from Manchester to London on a coach because the driver is a woman who's never done the route before and can't find her way OUT of Manc city centre or IN to London Victoria area because of the one way systems /o\/o\/o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

ah man I bet away games are fffffffb icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're from London, you should get away tickets off BBB, as from what i've seen on this thread he is the ticketmaster. Plenty of away games down sarf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martin is like Henry, he chokes for the big games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

poor ananolgy icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

easy for you to say fella

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

and no, it makes no difference that pj brought his mum to the wall or whatever </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh? I've been to the wall twice - once with my two Fulham supporting mates (last season) and once on my own (this season). So what the eff are you talking about? Got me confused with rcjuk, I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

poor ryan, being confused with pj icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not like you to be confused though. To think it was just over a week ago when the bouncer at the Pyke says I'm 23, and yet you still think I was 21.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

"For six weeks or so, we have operated with my heart in my mouth, hoping nothing serious would befall Louis or Wayne," added Ferguson.

"It was a situation that worried me - as I know it did our supporters."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not totally oblivious then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah strangely that somewhat reassured me :/

although we shouldnt have been in that position to start with so yea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say "we shouldn't have been in that position to start with" but I think thats a bit harsh on SAF.

Lets face it, with Rooney and Saha clearly our 1st choice strike partnership at the start of the season after Ruuds departure and Ole & Smudgers repective injury histories, and Rossi's inexperience we all thought, with varying degree's of importance, that a striker was needed.

Then we hear Smudge has healed quicker than expected and is back in contention; Ole is raring to go; and Rossi's going to get 1st team football at Newcastle til the New Year. This was a gamble but Rossi needed games, Ole got back into the swing of things after the first 2-3 games and with Smudge not actually injured and the team in good form we thought we could bring him on when needed. All was looking relatively rosy.

This didn't become a problem until Copenhagen when Ole got injured again really did it? By that time it was clear that Rossi being at St.James' wasn't good for him or us and Smudge was technically fit but nowhere near ready to resume real competitive action.

Now the Smudge thing was a error no doubt about it, but I think everyone expected Rossi to get more out of his experience in Newcastle, and Ole's injury was unfortunate but if he in particular hadn't been injured would it have been an issue? And how many clubs really operate with more than 4 strikers in the first team squad unless they've reinforced due to long-term injuries and decided to deal with the overload later? At the point the window closed how many of us thought we weren't, at the bare minimum, in an acceptable position in as far as the credentials of the striking department went?

The point is Fergie can't really control 1 key injury & Rossi's move not working out (blame Roeder). The latter decision arguably stems from the error in judging Smiths condition but I don't think anyone would have expected him to come back in as such a pale shadow of his former self.

Anyway Ole's back now, Smudge is apparently coming along in the reserves, Rossi is coming back to us and Larsson arrives in the New Year (2/3 new signings \o/). We should just be glad its not cost us too much in the interim period.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

gonna choke at the small games too if you act like that icon_frown.gif

ungreatful **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's ungrateful.

Money for Benfica will get sent tomorrow. Don't know why I forgot again icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

With the new Wembley finally nearing completion, Old Trafford is set to host what could be its last international match for some time in the new year.

England will take on Spain in a friendly match on Wednesday 7 February 2007. Stars like Torres, Raul and Fabregas will test Rio Ferdinand, Gary Neville and co to the full and you could be there to see it in style.

There are a number of hospitality packages available for the game, starting at £99 (plus VAT). For more information contact the Venue Sales Team on 0870 442 1994 (option 1).

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

From the BBC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Charlton expects Man Utd signings

By Mandeep Sanghera

Manchester United director Sir Bobby Charlton says manager Sir Alex Ferguson will strengthen his side's Premiership title push by bringing in new players.

United head the top flight by eight points from champions Chelsea, with the January transfer window approaching.

And, asked if Ferguson would be making new signings, United legend Charlton told BBC Sport: "Absolutely.

"We think we have good enough players but we just maybe have to be a bit careful we don't have cover for them."

Doubts have been raised over United's strength in depth compared to that of Chelsea and any weaknesses could be exposed during the second half of the season as the challenge for the domestic title, FA Cup and Champions League takes its toll.

Ferguson has been linked with a move for Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves and Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres but Charlton was keeping quiet about any possible targets.

He added: "We have to have cover for our better players.

"If some of the really influential players got injured then that makes it a bit of a problem.

"It's very difficult as we can't mention anybody that we would like to have because immediately the price goes up once Manchester United are interested and it becomes an auction.

"We have to be really careful. We will leave that to Sir Alex and chief executive David Gill. They will keep it nice and private and, hopefully, we will get the players we want."

Charlton lauded the revival Ferguson has masterminded at Old Trafford in turning United into title contenders after some recent lean years.

He believes a start that has yielded 14 wins from 17 league games has set the foundation for United's title assault but Charlton knows there is still a long way to go in the race for the Premiership crown.

"For the first time we had a really good start to the season," said Charlton. "We got into matches at the start of the season whereas last year we would draw or even lose them - this year we have won them.

"We can only be judged when we win something and, as far as Sir Alex Ferguson is concerned, there is only one thing that you have to win and that is your own championship. Nothing else matters really.

"We are in a great position. We've got a few points start but we have a lot of football to play.

"There's a lot of things that will happen. People will make silly mistakes and referees will make stupid decisions. It will happen. It's all colourful and that's football." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Cover' this, 'back-up' that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wayne Rooney almost sustained injury in the most unlikely of circumstances on Monday night - while watching the New York Knicks on a short break.

The United striker and fiancée Coleen McLoughlin were sat courtside as the basketball giants suffered a home defeat to the Boston Celtics at Madison Square Garden.

In the early stages of the game however, Knicks star Paul Pierce - 6 feet 8 inches tall - lunged for a loose ball and clattered into the striker's right foot.

Fortunately for Wazza, he sustained no damage to the foot which suffered such a high-profile injury before last summer's World Cup. "It was scary," Rooney laughed after the game. "He rolled right over my foot."

United's players were allowed three days off after the Manchester derby following a gruelling period of games, before returning on Wednesday to prepare for Sunday's trip to West Ham United. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pic

icon_redface.gif

INCREASED PRICES FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Champions League 1st Knockout Round

The draw will take place on Friday 15 December. United will be away first on either 20 / 21 February and at home on either 6 / 7 March.

Please note the increased ticket price for the next rounds.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Stand 1st Knockout | Quarter Final | Semi Final

===============================================|===============|=============

North / South Centre £44 / £22 | £46 / £23 | £49 / £24.50

North / South Upper Wings £42 / £21 | £44 / £22 | £42 / £23.50

North Tier 2 £40 / £20 | £42 / £21 | £45 / £22.50

North / South Lower £40 / £20 | £42 / £21 | £45 / £22.50

North East / West Quadrant Tier 2 £40 / £20 | £42 /£ 21 | £45 / £22.50

North East / West Quadrant Tier 1 £36 / £ 18 | £38 / £19 | £41 / 20.50

EL132 (below disabled quadrant) £36 / £18 | £38 / £19 | £41 / £20.50

East / West Upper Tier 1 £35 / £17.50 | £37 / £18.50 | £40 / £20

East / West Tier 2 £35 / £17.50 | £37 / £18.50 | £40 / £20

Family Stand £34 / £17 | £36 / £18 | £39 / £19.50

North Tier 3 £32 / £16 | £34 / £17 | £37 / £18.50

East / West Stand Lower £28 / £14 | £30 / £15 | £33 / £16.50

</pre>

Just the same as other years bar the higher first jump.

Wasn't it £5 more for a semi ticket last time we had gotten fairly far??

Asking £40 for a £30 ticket for a semi is a bit rch mind thats a 33% mark up ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sir Alex Ferguson has been linked to Torres too, but is currently busy driving to Bordeaux to secure midfielder Antonio Rio Mavuba's signature </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone know much about this guy?

• Administrators

He's a very good player, not really sure on his best position because he does a lot well, can be the Makelele type defensive midfielder, or the Essien type box to box, although he's not as good as either. He's international (French) quality though, maybe the same sort of ability as Hargreaves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

He's a very good player, not really sure on his best position because he does a lot well, can be the Makelele type defensive midfielder, or the Essien type box to box, although he's not as good as either. He's international (French) quality though, maybe the same sort of ability as Hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds good, mon djemba mark II

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Lets face it, with Rooney and Saha clearly our 1st choice strike partnership at the start of the season after Ruuds departure and Ole & Smudgers repective injury histories, and Rossi's inexperience we all thought, with varying degree's of importance, that a striker was needed.

Then we hear Smudge has healed quicker than expected and is back in contention; Ole is raring to go; and Rossi's going to get 1st team football at Newcastle til the New Year. This was a gamble but Rossi needed games, Ole got back into the swing of things after the first 2-3 games and with Smudge not actually injured and the team in good form we thought we could bring him on when needed. All was looking relatively rosy.

This didn't become a problem until Copenhagen when Ole got injured again really did it? By that time it was clear that Rossi being at St.James' wasn't good for him or us and Smudge was technically fit but nowhere near ready to resume real competitive action.

Now the Smudge thing was a error no doubt about it, but I think everyone expected Rossi to get more out of his experience in Newcastle, and Ole's injury was unfortunate but if he in particular hadn't been injured would it have been an issue? And how many clubs really operate with more than 4 strikers in the first team squad unless they've reinforced due to long-term injuries and decided to deal with the overload later? At the point the window closed how many of us thought we weren't, at the bare minimum, in an acceptable position in as far as the credentials of the striking department went?

The point is Fergie can't really control 1 key injury & Rossi's move not working out (blame Roeder). The latter decision arguably stems from the error in judging Smiths condition but I don't think anyone would have expected him to come back in as such a pale shadow of his former self.

Anyway Ole's back now, Smudge is apparently coming along in the reserves, Rossi is coming back to us and Larsson arrives in the New Year (2/3 new signings \o/). We should just be glad its not cost us too much in the interim period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rossi's move to Newcastle was wrong to begin with. I knew from the start that will be totally useless and that in fact would have helped us somewhat if he would have stayed.

Archived