The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

oh, and nick you unemployable lazy lanky git! where's that update? icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not unemployable, merely unemployed icon_frown.gif

working on it now as it happens icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Coldberg, was everything really expensive over there? Do you remember the price of your ticket? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went with Keith (Bagpuss) & Martin (BBB). Game was on sale to members & I don't remember the ticket being THAT expensive.

However the game was in Paris so obviously everything was slightly more expensive than it would have been.

Don't remember anything being stupidly expensive though. Nicest stadium I have been to by far as well, slightly too open & spaced out for my liking however.

will probably be a smaller allocation this year, what with it being at the Felix-Bollaert (which is roughly half the capacity of the Stade de France). because of that, and the fact it's a knockout game, i wouldn't be surprised if the only members who get a chance to go are those who went to Lisbon, Copenhagen and/or Glasgow

Well there was loads of empty seats in our end last season & the second tier wasn't even open. However the Stade De France is bigger than this years stadium. Also it's not a group stage game so more people will be interested. wouldn't know the exact numbers but we had a LOT of seats in the stadium.

The ticket was 35 euros. Which is about £22-25 I think. That's cheaper than every away game in the premier league & cheaper than pretty much any seat inside Old Trafford I think icon_biggrin.gif

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Coldberg/Lille.jpg

^^Proof

Not only does he send me a text message he also mailed me

Haw!

We got Lille. We going to do the away then? It's at Lens stadium, Juni

went so we can get transport info from him, let me know, oh and Nick

needs one of those arctic monkeys tickets as well dude, I'll give you

the money for it no danger, going to send over £100 shortly as well icon_smile.gif

Do i really want to go to France for a day trip????

It was the one game i was least interested in for the away rtip and we bloody get it. Whats wrong with Roma dammit could of had a whole week in Rome ffs.

Naturally we'll be applying for the tickets and i would expect them to be picked up from OT being its a short Eurostar trip over the channel to Lille/Lens and even our TO aren't stupid enough to hand the tickets out before the game when the maority of fans will travel over on the day.

Well I will apply on my membership if they allow members to apply. Have only aplied to Celtic home this year though so I am not optimistic icon_biggrin.gif

If you have to pick up tickets from the Ot ticket office I am sure there will be spares floating around, there were a few last year iirc.

If I do have the chance to go it would have to be a day trip as I don't have any holidays left this year icon_frown.gif

A week in Rome? We don't all bath in money Keith icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United assistant Carlos Quieroz has emerged as the number one choice to become the USA's coach. (The Sun) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on the Sun getting at least one story correct, and it being this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>well, Bradley's the coach through the 2008 Olympics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Naturally we'll be applying for the tickets and i would expect them to be picked up from OT being its a short Eurostar trip over the channel to Lille/Lens and even our TO aren't stupid enough to hand the tickets out before the game when the maority of fans will travel over on the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it'd be foolish to underestimate the awesome ineptitude of our ticket office keith

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Naturally we'll be applying for the tickets and i would expect them to be picked up from OT being its a short Eurostar trip over the channel to Lille/Lens and even our TO aren't stupid enough to hand the tickets out before the game when the maority of fans will travel over on the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it'd be foolish to underestimate the awesome ineptitude of our ticket office keith </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go get a Job so you can pay be back so that when we get Romo in the next round i can go to Rome for the whole week!!

god knows why it says Romo the e is no where near the o oh well.

Having spent nigh on £900 just now on the internet i shan't be lending out any more money or paying for things unless cash or cheque appears first.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Everyone but me is fecked then icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont make it so obvious icon_wink.gif

And you are wrong Ryan pays up on time too

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> DONG TO GET UNITED CHANCE

China international Dong Fangzhou will get the chance to live his Manchester United dream after the Red Devils finally secured a work permit for the young striker.

Dong has been limited to sporadic appearances on a couple of pre-season tours as United attempted to get over the red tape which prevented him from playing in England.

However, after spending three years on loan at Belgian feeder club Royal Antwerp, during which time he has won seven caps for his national side, Dong has now been cleared to link up with United on a permanent basis.

The 21-year-old, signed from Dalian Shide for £3.5million - a record for Chinese football - will head to England on January 1.

Dong will be one of seven loan players due to return to Old Trafford as Sir Alex Ferguson attempts to bolster his squad ahead of a prolonged title push, with the United boss due to welcome new arrival Henrik Larsson into the camp tomorrow ahead of a week's training before the Swedish star begins his 10-week stint at the club next month.

"Dong has been doing exceptionally well and scoring a lot of goals at Antwerp," Ferguson told MUTV.

"He has great pace and power and the boy has a big chance."

Ferguson also confirmed Lee Martin and Phil Bardsley will return from Rangers, along with Chris Eagles and Giuseppe Rossi (Newcastle), plus Jonny Evans and Danny Simpson, who have been appearing alongside Dong at Antwerp.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Players \o/

\O/

we'll have a semblance of a squad icon_cool.gif

right:

sell Richardson, give Martin his place in the squad.

keep Bardsley as backup unless a good loan offer comes in

keep Rossi with us, again unless a really promising loan move is available

sell/release Eagles. no point having him toddling around for the reserves

Evans and Simpson to go out on loan again somewhere more challenging.

Dong presumably off out on loan again, maybe in England this time

christ, £3.5m for Dong? Always thought it was more along the lines of £1m or so for some reason. So does he actually have a chance of doing something for us then? Sounds like he's come a long way from those god-awful reviews of him when he first went to Antwerp anyway.

he'll be behind saha, rooney, solskjaer and larsson at least, quite possibly rossi too. unless fergie thinks reserve football is a suitable introduction to the english game and english conditions, going out on loan seems the best option. no point keeping him here and not playing him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

he'll be behind saha, rooney, solskjaer and larsson at least, quite possibly rossi too. unless fergie thinks reserve football is a suitable introduction to the english game and english conditions, going out on loan seems the best option. no point keeping him here and not playing him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but given that one of them is made of glass, one of them is clearly in need of a rest and the other two have a combined age of 167 he might have a chance of a look in.

And there's nothing like a rise in shirt sales to trim a bit off the ol' debt mountain icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Reckon he'll end up at somewhere like Preston or Derby </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'd have to be really **** to be sold to somewhere like Derby

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

mark claims 30,000th post in his own thread and befuddles herts, wp.

so about that quieroz rumour? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thread?

Archived