The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wasn't it a minute's applause at west ham?

i know we had silences at the league cup game with WBA and the home premiership game with Pompey, i've got a vague recollection of Fergie saying in between the West Ham game and that Pompey game something about "the applause at West Ham was a magnificent spectacle but now this weekend it's time to pay our own personal tribute" or something

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

yeah the silence was observed, shame the scouse cuuunts couldn't have done the same </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iirc it was the Blue mancs? We observe minute silences impeccably, we have enough practice at it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Pompey was clapping actually, I remember being there with my ex and her not being able to move her hands due to them literally being frozen. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you sure? it was a 5.15 kickoff on a saturday, a few hours after the funeral. i'm almost certain it was a silence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Pompey was clapping actually, I remember being there with my ex and her not being able to move her hands due to them literally being frozen. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you sure? it was a 5.15 kickoff on a saturday, a few hours after the funeral. i'm almost certain it was a silence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

scrap that, you were right

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

yeah the silence was observed, shame the scouse cuuunts couldn't have done the same </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iirc it was the Blue mancs? We observe minute silences impeccably, we have enough practice at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iirc you were both as bad as each other.

tbf, it was asking for trouble having a silence at that game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> One of the cards read: "RIP Little Baby. Safe in the arms of Jesus. From someone who is a loving mother xxxx."

Merseyside Police told the community on Monday to "stop grieving, it's only a chicken".

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

iirc it was the Blue mancs? We observe minute silences impeccably, we have enough practice at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blue Mancs with scouse accents then it seems

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Jonah scores for Derby icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just thought I'd pop in and say that I went with a Derby supporting mate to Pride Park today & Nick would have been proud of his boy for his performance. Jonah ran the show for Derby in the first half and he's well above Championship class and took his goal Scholes-esq with the arriving late onto Lupoli's ball in. Pity he couldn't impose himself more like that in games against **** opposition when he played for us (for the few chances he got). Derby were collectively shambolic in the second tho so he didn't get on the ball as much and were lucky that Palace were completely ***** in the first and toothless in the second, but still the best player on the park along with Lupoli as far as quality went. Derby actually played some really nice stuff in the first 45mins, no wonder most of my mates are giddy at the minute.

On other topics I'm actually glad we've got so many loanees coming back (Antwerp must be ****ed though!) and I'll have another look at that tomorrow and see what I think & Vida's interview = icon_cool.gif especially when correcting her on what he said! And Jose may as well give up now - Vida wants the Prem and the Champions League, and Vida gets what Vida wants! Btw I hope that Vidic chant to "Monster" catches on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Jonah scores for Derby icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just thought I'd pop in and say that I went with a Derby supporting mate to Pride Park today & Nick would have been proud of his boy for his performance. Jonah ran the show for Derby in the first half and he's well above Championship class and took his goal Scholes-esq with the arriving late onto Lupoli's ball in. Pity he couldn't impose himself more like that in games against **** opposition when he played for us (for the few chances he got). Derby were collectively shambolic in the second tho so he didn't get on the ball as much and were lucky that Palace were completely ***** in the first and toothless in the second, but still the best player on the park along with Lupoli as far as quality went. Derby actually played some really nice stuff in the first 45mins, no wonder most of my mates are giddy at the minute.

On other topics I'm actually glad we've got so many loanees coming back (Antwerp must be ****ed though!) and I'll have another look at that tomorrow and see what I think & Vida's interview = icon_cool.gif especially when correcting her on what he said! And Jose may as well give up now - Vida wants the Prem and the Champions League, and Vida gets what Vida wants! Btw I hope that Vidic chant to "Monster" catches on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

i am incredibly proud. i'm still certain he'll be the one that slipped through the net. the way Derby are going he could be coming back to haunt us sooner than anyone could have thought.

re: Antwerp - i can see us sending another couple of players over there to replace the ones coming back. Michael Barnes would be a prime candidate, maybe Kieran Lee as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

That Vida interview is great. He so reminds me of Ivan Drago from Rocky 4. "If he dies, he dies". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said the exact same thing the day he signed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Saha calls for support

Manchester United striker Louis Saha has called for a section of the club's supporters to back him rather than pine for the departed Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Despite having proved his quality this season in impressing alongside Wayne Rooney, Saha feels that several of the United faithful still make unfavourable comparisons with his former team-mate.

The French international, who currently tops the club's scoring charts, believes he has adequately filled the somewhat daunting void left by van Nistelrooy's switch to Real Madrid in the summer.

Having scored 12 goals already this season, Saha is in line to top his best ever tally for a campaign and with this in mind, he has called for total support from the Old Trafford crowd.

"It is not good for me that if I have a bad spell or make a mistake there are sections of the crowd who let me know about it," Saha told the News of the World.

"If I have a bad 20 minutes they start singing Ruud's name and of course it doesn't make me feel good.

"Ruud is a legend at United and taking his place wasn't easy - it still isn't.

"It was a big step-up coming to United but I have done my best and I happy with my contribution to the team.

"At United the pressure is always there. You're not playing for a mid-table place. Of course it makes you raise your game.

"You must perform to keep your place. That is what I am trying to do and hopefully I am doing okay."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Maybe if he scored a 1 on 1 every now & again people would cut him some slack. Considering that was Ruud's strong point & Saha now has some kind of mental block when he gets in those situations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe if people remembered Ruud as the player of last season rather than how he was before they would as well. At this stage last season, Ruud had 13 goals (one from a champions league qualifier), and Saha has 12. And we all know the other qualities that Saha brings to the team apart from goals.

Ruud at his best was irreplaceable, but that isn't the player we sold last summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I've never actually heard us chant ANYTHING about nistelrooy this season. Maybe they do it on aways.

So what if we do anyway, we chant about cantona ffs is he threatened by him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but Saha isn't viewed as the direct replacement for Cantona, is he?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

what saha should do is stfu and get on with scoring goals instead of whinging like a little bitch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why can't he do both?

Vida would be fb as a bond villain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Not confident at all today can see us getting beat with it being Curbishley's first game in charge.

Mon United prove me wrong.

Who is going to be going to Lille away then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Maybe if he scored a 1 on 1 every now & again people would cut him some slack. Considering that was Ruud's strong point & Saha now has some kind of mental block when he gets in those situations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut up you twat, they have different aspects to their game. maybe if ruud scored from outside the box now and then he'd still be at the club?

P!ss poor isnt the word. You just knew we were dropping points when Chelsea won from the position they were in.

Look at JM earlier, they were losing so he takes off defenders to bring on attackers, us? We take off Carrick and bring on a centre half.

Even if Carrick is injured why are we bringing on a centre half and one that just ****ing awful?

We have to stop this walking, strolling crap that leaves us problems and no way of injecting pace into our game when needed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

shut up you twat, they have different aspects to their game. maybe if ruud scored from outside the box now and then he'd still be at the club? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who you calling a twat?

My point was that it's usually after he misses a 1 v 1 when Ruud chants have started this season. It's ineveitable giving the **** elements of any crowd.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Vida would be fb as a bond villain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Not confident at all today can see us getting beat with it being Curbishley's first game in charge.

Mon United prove me wrong.

Who is going to be going to Lille away then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I can get a ticket I will making a day trip definitely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

P!ss poor isnt the word. You just knew we were dropping points when Chelsea won from the position they were in.

Look at JM earlier, they were losing so he takes off defenders to bring on attackers, us? We take off Carrick and bring on a centre half.

Even if Carrick is injured why are we bringing on a centre half and one that just ****ing awful?

We have to stop this walking, strolling crap that leaves us problems and no way of injecting pace into our game when needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What annoyed me about that substitution was that we have Park on the bench & as he was brought on he was obviously fit enough. He also has pace & so bringing on that fat waste of space was pointless.

Archived