The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if there is a ticket ill go to france for sure.

Awful today, so frustrating to see Rooney playing so disinterestedly. Carrick was really poor and with him playing so deep along with scholes means there is a huge hole ahead of them inviting opposing midfield on to us which should create a gap for Rooney to exploit but he just didnt. Oh well.

Let this be the end of that giddy w@nk, okay?

Taz is right, JM has the proper mentality to win games, to come from behind (and if one of you arseholes mentions 1999 I'll personally garrotte you) and Ferguson just doesn't anymore. Which is why we won't win it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Let this be the end of that giddy w@nk, okay?

Taz is right, JM has the proper mentality to win games, to come from behind (and if one of you arseholes mentions 1999 I'll personally garrotte you) and Ferguson just doesn't anymore. Which is why we won't win it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its nothing to do with mentality ffs, its to do with a stupidly thin squad. we have no impact players on the bench, chelsea have upwards of 50million on the bench. 'thats why they're champions'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pires777:

Bruvz, ima united fan ffz, been suporfing them since last night n i'm abzolutely gutted wiv the defeat.

no way we can catch chavzki LOLZ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually cringed reading that tripe, you're an embarrassment to your parents icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

crap. hell, even an attacking kid would have done, would have been at least partly the right thing to have done. John O'Shea? you're having a laugh. I'd sooner see the bench stuffed full of eager kids than the 4 jokers + OGS on the bench today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Parks a joker now?

nice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Vidic megged again for the goal /o\

Pires777: Go **** out in the match thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was Rio that got megged.

Oh and even if we end up winning the treble this year i have lost all credibility in Fergie. I understand the squad is thin etc etc etc but we need 2 ****ING goals and he sends in O'SHEA??? For what? Why the **** does he send in O'Shea when we need 2 goals. Ffs send Park in for the love of god even if he hasn't alot of match practice, don't send ****ing O'Shea who has absolutely no idea of what attacking play means.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Oh and even if we end up winning the treble this year i have lost all credibility in Fergie. I understand the squad is thin etc etc etc but we need 2 ****ING goals and he sends in O'SHEA??? For what? Why the **** does he send in O'Shea when we need 2 goals. Ffs send Park in for the love of god even if he hasn't alot of match practice, don't send ****ing O'Shea who has absolutely no idea of what attacking play means. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure it was Vidic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

14 points goon, pires and co

Go concentrate on colosing the gap yeh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Oh and even if we end up winning the treble this year i have lost all credibility in Fergie. I understand the squad is thin etc etc etc but we need 2 ****ING goals and he sends in O'SHEA??? For what? Why the **** does he send in O'Shea when we need 2 goals. Ffs send Park in for the love of god even if he hasn't alot of match practice, don't send ****ing O'Shea who has absolutely no idea of what attacking play means. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure it was Vidic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are talking about the player that was marking Harewood (or whatever he is called) when he passsed it to Reo-Cocker right? That was Rio.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Teddys ball into Harewood megged Vidic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye that one icon_biggrin.gif

Was talking about Harewood's ball megging Rio icon_frown.gif

ffs icon_frown.gif

Utter garbage, after Chelsea won today you could just see united dropping points, but we just seemed SO lacklustre especially in midfield. Giggs was the worst player on the pitch ( a pitch that included Marlon Harewood ffs) and Rooney was no better and looked totally out of fitness. Scholes had his worst game in a LONG time today and that showed Carricks flaws time and time again. Ronaldo,Saha & Vidic kept trying but was to little to late.

just looking over the past months this tell's you how small the squad is or ho stupid Ferguson is.

Vs Chelsea - Brought Saha off for O'shea

Vs Everton - Ended up with 8 defenders on the pitch.

Vs West Hame - A goal down in a must win game and he brings O'shea on for Carrick.

Anyway,

MoM: Louis Saha - Was our most potent threat and to be honest the only player to deserve a goal on todays performance.

2nd: Ronlaod - Tried hard all game but should have done better with majority of his chances.

Oh and on the Lille away trip, just checked the prices for train journey and looks cheap enough approx £100 for return journey , looks like I'll be going as long as we can get tickets that is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Utter garbage, after Chelsea won today you could just see united dropping points, but we just seemed SO lacklustre especially in midfield. Giggs was the worst player on the pitch ( a pitch that included Marlon Harewood ffs) and Rooney was no better and looked totally out of fitness. Scholes had his worst game in a LONG time today and that showed Carricks flaws time and time again. Ronaldo,Saha & Vidic kept trying but was to little to late.

just looking over the past months this tell's you how small the squad is or ho stupid Ferguson is.

Vs West Hame - A goal down in a must win game and he brings O'shea on for Carrick.

Anyway,

MoM: Louis Saha - Was our most potent threat and to be honest the only player to deserve a goal on todays performance.

2nd: Ronlaod - Tried hard all game but should have done better with majority of his chances.

Oh and on the Lille away trip, just checked the prices for train journey and looks cheap enough approx £100 for return journey , looks like I'll be going as long as we can get tickets that is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronlaod? You been drinking icon_biggrin.gif

Main problem for me will be the getting of a ticket for Lille. If the ticket has to be picked up in France I am screwed.

MoM: Ronnie

2nd: Saha

It's odd right, since I've been posting on OTF there's a fair few users that I've taken quite a bit of dislike to, but seeing as it's over the internet and all it's never really become too intense - after all, how can you judge someone based on what they write on an anonymous messageboard? However, it's dawned on me that I'd genuinely be pleased if Pires777 was horribly maimed in some sort of freak yachting accident, so that's a testament to how much of a horrendous twat he must be. And I'm generally a nice person, so I can only imagine what harsher people think of the fụcking cụnt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Anyway,

Oh and on the Lille away trip, just checked the prices for train journey and looks cheap enough approx £100 for return journey , looks like I'll be going as long as we can get tickets that is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronlaod? You been drinking icon_biggrin.gif

Main problem for me will be the getting of a ticket for Lille. If the ticket has to be picked up in France I am screwed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronlaod? icon_biggrin.gif

at fault for their goal I would say Carrick or Scholes didn't track their man leaving him un marked to slot it past Edwin.

As for Lille tickets, surley they will sell them from OT ticket office, they always have done for euro aways before haven't they?

How the hell is it £100 for trip to Lille (Lens tbh) its gonna be £60 Eurostar, then the train from wheverever you lot are to london plus a overnight stop in Lille/Lens as the last train back is 9pm.

Thats according to Eurstar btw

Well after Everton capitulated and pulled a Tottenham vs. Chelsea last season, meaning that Chelsea have managed to grind out a victory against Newcastle and come from losing positions against Arsenal and Everton in the last 3 fixtures, and we let the fates conspire against us to lose to an Alan Curbishley managed West Ham side who were nothing more than very up for it. Typical.

I'm really struggling to pick MOM candidates today. VDS made 1 very good save in particular but I think he should have done better at his near post for the goal. GNev didn't have the best game for me, attacking or defending. Rio allowed himself to get out muscled too many times by Zamora and Harewood, and Vidic was pretty rash now and again for me. Gabby had a great start but after he nullified Bowyer they just sent everything down the left.

Midfield let us down badly today really. Ronaldo was the best of an underperforming bunch but even he made a couple of glaringly bad decisions when it came down to picking a final pass or shooting, ****ing up our last roll of the dice free-kick being the most annoying with everyone in the box ready to at least try and get onto something.

Rooney didn't get anywhere near involved until about an hour into the game and even in the last half hour he didn't really get into it. Saha did as much as he could with the chances he forced for himself but I fail to understand why, even with his aerial ability, we increasingly tried to pump the ball in the air towards him and Wayne when they couldn't get a real shout against Collins & Ferdi Jr.

None of the subs got on the ball or did anything worthwhile to merit praise either. Other than not get injured. At least thats a plus with Ole and Park - O'Shea (why oh why did he bring him on? icon_mad.gif)

Anyway, a wasted opportunity all round really.

MOM: Saha - Just because he made his own chances when no-one was making them for him and and testing the keeper.

2ND: Ronaldo - just for being the only other outlet even if his decision making wasn't there in spades today.

And to top it off I've just come back from a footy quiz, we lost by one point, and what was one of the 7 questions out of 40 my mates and I got wrong and that I was personally responsible for:

How many trophies, not including Charity/Community Shield wins, did Manchester United win in the 1990s?

Its 14. I said 13. icon_frown.gif

Anyone feel like hazarding a guess at which one I missed?

Oh and we can take our pick for AFF the goal.

Vidic was made a mug of by Teddy, Rio was far too soft against Harewood, VDS could have arguably done better at the near post, but its either Scholes or Carrick at fault for not tracking Reo-Coker from deep thats probably most culpable.

From what I remember about the goal - have to check again - Carrick was nearest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

How the hell is it £100 for trip to Lille (Lens tbh) its gonna be £60 Eurostar, then the train from wheverever you lot are to london plus a overnight stop in Lille/Lens as the last train back is 9pm.

Thats according to Eurstar btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£55 on eurostar return, going on 19th (game is 20th) and coming back on 21st and near enough £50 for a return from Manchester to London. Didn't include the accomodation (not looked yet) I would assume it would be near enough another £50 so including accomodation your'e looking at approx. £150.

You have to come Keith & look after us icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh FFS

Like i was EVER not gonna go. Martin would need me there to pay at the very least.

Note: You can bloody well pay for your own tickets and sh!te sheehan!!!

I'm sure i could cope with a day or so in France tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Thats according to Eurstar btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£55 on eurostar return, going on 19th (game is 20th) and coming back on 21st and near enough £50 for a return from Manchester to London. Didn't include the accomodation (not looked yet) I would assume it would be near enough another £50 so including accomodation your'e looking at approx. £150. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that would be two nights in Frogland. For £60 return you can make it a one night stop over icon_wink.gif

£5 more on Eurostar but saves £20 min for a night in France.

Do you think I'd be able to trademark the 'O'shea sigh'.

It's a very specific sound made by an away end at a football match when they realise that their manager is throwing away any chance of getting back into a game with a nonsense substitution.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

It's a very specific sound made by an away end at a football match when they realise that their manager is throwing away any chance of getting back into a game with a nonsense substitution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not.

You can tell us when you think BBB will arrive home though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

we got outta london pretty quick. pretty soon I'd think.

Sure he said something about saving himself for the QFs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was me telling him i'd happily ditch a trip to Lens in favour of spending a week in Rome if we get Roma next

Oh yeah, for them that want to go to Lille

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Executive coach.

Toilet , Dvd etc

Coach leaves Manchester mid-nightish on Monday 19th Feb

Arrive Lens 10 am ish

Returns after the game

Taking provisional bookings at dave.fans@btinternet.com

Price to be confirmed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a very specific sound made by an away end at a football match when they realise that their manager is throwing away any chance of getting back into a game with a nonsense substitution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think so because the noise I hear/make myself is an inaudible nonsense of swearing, fist punching and general despondancy allround.

On a lighter note, just noticed I'm top of the OTF Utd thread fantasy league icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Hello, I'm back, I'm cold, hungry, tired, ****ed off, why the **** did he bring O'Shea on for christs sake.

Roll on next Saturday \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The commentator said that Carrick had picked up an injury. That better be the reason.

Anyway, an undeserved defeat in a type of game where dare-I-say-it Ruud would have snatched a goal. United were never going to keep winning every game, so as long as it's a one-off...

I'm sorry but there is no excuse for bringing on a centre half when 1-0 down whatever the reason.

We are 1-0 and know that we need to score. Say Carrick was injured and you have on your bench an attacking midfielder and two centre halfs. Why isnt Park the first choice to come on? What in the world does Fergie think O'Shea is going to do to get us back in the game.

However well we have been playing and however well Fergie has been doing its decisions like this that are going to cost us in the end.

It was only last week he thought it best to take off Saha and bring on O'Shea to defend a two goal advantage and that nearly cost us.

I'd so love us to win the league this season but whether we do or not its got to be time for Fergie to walk away.

Archived