The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

agree with acou about howard. rooney down to the calender btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [29] Unconfirmed rumours

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

suggest we'll be getting an allocation of 3,000 odd for Lille, prices in the low £20 region. But only rumours at mo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [19] King Dong

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

"Honestly speaking, I don't know anything about going to Manchester United. Nor myself, nor my manager has been informed officially about this. My focus is still here and playing this season here. I want to help Antwerp win the title. I have been here for a long time and playing in the second division is an experience I am unhappy with. Antwerp deserve to be in the top division. But as Manchester United are my club, I have little choice in the matter. I expect I'll be going to Manchester. I believe I will be there next week to train on Thursday. I am assuming that is what is going to happen." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like he can't wait to join us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

agree with acou about howard. rooney down to the calender btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm buying a Liverpool one next year.

Just reading O'Shea's wiki page, I found these paragraphs amusing:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> In the 2003-04 season he frustrated many Manchester United supporters with a series of technically inept, slow and clumsy performances displaying poor accuracy of passing, before being pushed down in the pecking order by the arrival of Gabriel Heinze. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United fans also like to chant a song aimed at John O'Shea; "Big gay John O'Shea, say big gay John O'Shea". This is as many football fans believe O'Shea to be homosexual, and this rumour was made toi be more believeable when a national newspaper printed a story stating that two famous Premiership footballers had "phone sex", where one player had the phone on vibrate, but the phone in his bum, and waited for the other to phone him. Players rumoured to be involved were O'Shea, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, John Terry, Richard Wright, and Michael Dawson. None of the above players ever commented on the rumours, except Ashley Cole, who said, "Why the **** would I ever want to do that when I'm getting married to Cheryl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

5th anniversary of Ruud's first hat-trick with us this week :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*COUGH* getoverit *COUGH*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

hey guys I need to know where I can get a 60s United shirt from like this with a number 7 on if possible, and shorts too. Anyone know any websites? I don't want to spend much, or are there any places in Manchester? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a shop in Affleck's Palace in town that sells old football shirts. Not sure how far back they go though.

Was 2 years ago last time I went in there so it's a long shot icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

damn, I was there yesterday, if only I'd have known icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

5th anniversary of Ruud's first hat-trick with us this week :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never get over it icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs.

And besides, I only found out as it was an article on the official site icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

does applying for every domestic home game count for anything.. ANYTHING icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've missed two league games at OT this season - might actually be three. I haven't applied for any except the Scouse, (which I didn't get through the TO in the end, anyway.)

So, to answer your qurstion. Probably not. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

Who you lot got in the Carling Cup? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, that's witty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Edward

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Who you lot got in the Carling Cup? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, that's witty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Edward </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How dare you feckin' Edward me ? icon_mad.gif

It's not even my name, ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

in honour of topping the page id like to throw out the idea of retiring not only the number two shirt but also the entire right back position when red nev is done and playing with two left backs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Solves the Evra or Heinze debate icon14.gif

what an enjoyable sunday that was - a train journey that ended up lasting near on six hours instead of the scheduled three and a half, and encompassed both games, which i had to rely on mart to get updates on ("chelsea losing \O/, chelsea equalise /O\, chelsea losing \O/, chelsea equalise /O\, chelsea win /O\/O\, united lose /O\/O\/O\/O\") icon_frown.gif

still, might just be the reality check/kick up the arse that ends up helping us. festive period becomes HUGE now, especially villa next week.

Rooney is in need of a rest but the player i want in to replace him is Rossi. I think we need his creativity and i'm more than confident in Rossi stepping up to prove hes one of the big boys now.

And Timmy going to Everton will be best for everyone. He is a good keeper and deserves his first team football but i dont think he has what it takes to be a great keeper.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

you don't deserve to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif May I ask why? Just applied, expecting the result to be unsuccessful on thursday though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you applied for every domestic away game this season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Na, applied for quite a few though; Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Villa and Newcastle. Applied for Celtic away in Europe too, only been successful for Wigan and Blackburn. icon_frown.gif

See, that's what I mean. And this isn't personal in anyway, but it's unfair that someone like me who has applied for every away game for three bloody years is treated in exactly the same way as someone who bought their 1st season ticket this year and is applying for their 1st away game.

Selfish, maybe.

Got Villa icon_smile.gif

I cannot complain about lack of tickets this year considering I have given up applying.

Last season for the Carling Cup was a joke though. I applied for every game I could & season ticket holders who hadn't been to any of the previous rounds of the Carling Cup still got the chance at tickets before me.

I can understand that being the system for away league games but in the cup Ithink it should go off who has applied to the most games.

That would cause the ticket office to implode though seeing as it cannot handle the most basic of things.

Now I may be a cynic but I get the feeling they are being a total shambles to encourage people to buy a season ticket so that they don't have to bother with the ticket office.

Fwiw we didn't really want to go to Southend and my dad said we couldn't go to West Ham because it's too close to Christmas especially because we're going to Villa next saturday. I can't remember if there was a reason why we didn't apply for Reading, probably because we didn't fancy it, or maybe because the tickets were too expensive, especially for Reading. (£39 iirc)

Btw a friend of my dad's has booked a flight to Brussels from Manchester for the Lille game. £60 return and then they're getting a train to Lens, a bit of a weird way to go in my opinion.

tbf, the fact that you get tickets doesn't really irk me as I'm not as long served as James is. what does annoy the crap out of me is you get the following at away games

- Blokes taking the Mrs for a day out and she couldn't gaf about the game and sits there bored as feck.

- People that sit there, yes SIT, taking pictures all game, why watch it through a tiny little screen, watch it on telly ffs.

- Foreigners blatantly at their first game, taking pictures, with their bags from the HOME clubs shop.

- People that won't sing and will instead criticise EVERY player that touches the ball, remember that fella from Sunday jim? icon_biggrin.gif

There was a fella on Saturday who took his LAPTOP and thought it impressive to show United fans that the day before he was the emirates stadium. You get people that travel without tickets and end up paying over the odds to a tout and yet the above ***** get tickets.

It's sickening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There was a fella on Saturday who took his LAPTOP and thought it impressive to show United fans that the day before he was the emirates stadium. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf, that IS quite an impressive transformation

Archived