The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

- Blokes taking the Mrs for a day out and she couldn't gaf about the game and sits there bored as feck.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you ever thought that maybe for some of them it's the only way to watch the game without having a major fight afterwards?

For example every time i go to the pub to watch the game i ask my g/f to come along even if she is going to stay completely bored for 2 hours there because if i don't ask her i will get a major fight on my hands after the game or i might not even go to the game anymore because of the fight that is already taking place. Happened.

So i just ask her and if she says yes i take her along in the pub and just stare in the freakin screen not caring what she does.

If she says she doesn't come then it's HOORAY \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

tbf, the fact that you get tickets doesn't really irk me as I'm not as long served as James is. what does annoy the crap out of me is you get the following at away games

- Blokes taking the Mrs for a day out and she couldn't gaf about the game and sits there bored as feck.

- People that sit there, yes SIT, taking pictures all game, why watch it through a tiny little screen, watch it on telly ffs.

- Foreigners blatantly at their first game, taking pictures, with their bags from the HOME clubs shop.

- People that won't sing and will instead criticise EVERY player that touches the ball, remember that fella from Sunday jim? icon_biggrin.gif

There was a fella on Saturday who took his LAPTOP and thought it impressive to show United fans that the day before he was the emirates stadium. You get people that travel without tickets and end up paying over the odds to a tout and yet the above ***** get tickets.

It's sickening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of those kind of people thought tend to pay through the nose and get exec tickets off some agency, doubt they are in the loyalty pot or even got a ST

right, we all knew Jonny Evans and Danny Simpson were coming back from Antwerp in January - according to a very reliable source they're going straight back out on loan again to Sunderland and Cardiff respectively, and we'll be sending David Gray and Ryan Shawcross over to replace them in Belgium.

really like the idea of Evans going to Sunderland in theory, not particularly clued up on their current defensive personnel so no idea if he'll go straight in to their side, but i'm sure Keano will give him a fair crack of the whip. if Simpson gets games at Cardiff that's fantastic, although iirc they have Kerrea Gilbert from Arsenal already on a season-long loan to play at right-back, so it's debatable how much action he'll see.

Watch it at the pub then? Don't be so damn selfish.

Ladle, I'm having problems with paypal, keep hold of them fivers for me mate, I'll get it sorted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** the selfishness, lol. I'd go without care at what the bloke behind me who's friend was left out will say icon_biggrin.gif

It's extremely selfish giving someone a ticket for a game who has no interest in football whatsoever really. Especially when it's so hard to get tickets to watch United away from home.

It's times like this I wish I supported a lesser club as getting tickets would be so much easier icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

It's extremely selfish giving someone a ticket for a game who has no interest in football whatsoever really. Especially when it's so hard to get tickets to watch United away from home.

It's times like this I wish I supported a lesser club as getting tickets would be so much easier icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then i am a selfish monster icon_biggrin.gif

Agree with what James has said, the ticket office has been a joke for about 2 years now. Someone who has applied to the majority of away games should get a ticket before someone who is a season ticket holder and not applied for any away games, utter farce.

I don't always apply for away games, thats why I apply and hope for the best or get them off a 'contact'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

5th anniversary of Ruud's first hat-trick with us this week :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you stan? or the dude from alan partridge? icon_biggrin.gif

aargh its a dead end...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

oh yes and i have a villa ticket. for real this time. well, pretty much </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got a place on the coach? Mark said yesterday that it was full (that's how I've got a ticket for the game.).

Hopefully he's including you in the 'full' bit icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"The work done by the club, more than the players, is always questioned. They don't give us the credit we believe we deserve.

"We were champions in the first year and champions again. If we are not champions again then our work will be analysed in a negative way." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's right. If they win, it's because of money. If they don't, they've underachieved because of their financial clout.

Nick:

Kerrea Gilbert's been out injured for a while now. Dislocated his shoulder in the first week of November. He was supposed to be back in training soon, but I'm assuming Simpson is being brought in to fill the gap. Gilbert was fffffb though, so Simpson will really have to go some in order to keep his place.

Haha Ben Foster icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ben, which are/were your favourite keepers and why?

Well Ben this is a strange one, but when I was really young about 10, I really used to think Pavel Srnicek was fantastic. I am wasn't a Newcastle fan at all but I just remember him being brilliant and he was the first keeper I really noticed. After that there was only one and that was Peter Schmeichel - who was just fantastic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richie J:

Nick:

Kerrea Gilbert's been out injured for a while now. Dislocated his shoulder in the first week of November. He was supposed to be back in training soon, but I'm assuming Simpson is being brought in to fill the gap. Gilbert was fffffb though, so Simpson will really have to go some in order to keep his place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't Gilbert play for Arsenal? :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Saha signs new deal

Reds striker Louis Saha says he plans to repay the faith shown in him by Sir Alex Ferguson after agreeing an extension to his contract that will keep him at Old Trafford until 2010.

The start to the Frenchman's United career was besieged by injury, but he has been integral part of the side since returning to the team last November.

"It’s great news," he told ManUtd.com. "I'm really enjoying my time here and I wanted to show my commitment to Manchester United, but also repay the faith that Sir Alex has shown in me.

"Hopefully we will have an exciting end to the season and add some silverware to the trophy room."

United boss Sir Alex believes the deal is a worthy reward for the 28-year-old's recent performances, and says it safeguards the future of an emerging team.

"I'm delighted that we have extended Louis’s contract," he told us. "We are happy to see Louis here until at least 2010 and to add him to the other players who have recently signed new contracts like Cristiano and Wayne but also to the new additions such as Patrice and Nemanja. It bodes well for the future.

"We address the situation of players' contracts now and then in order to strengthen the club and it’s great to add Louis to the list. Louis’ form has been fantastic since he has come back from injury and he has scored 26 goals in that time." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Larsson debut against Villa

Sir Alex Ferguson expects Henrik Larsson to make his Manchester United debut in the FA Cup against Aston Villa.

The veteran striker is joining United on loan in January, but will not be eligible for the New Year's Day encounter with Newcastle United.

His first appearance for the club is likely to come in the third-round tie with Villa on January 7, when he will come up against his former Celtic boss Martin O'Neill.

"We are happy and delighted we've got Henrik," said Ferguson at a news conference on Sky Sports News.

"I would think he'll be playing his first game against Aston Villa, and his old manager Martin O'Neill, on January 7th in the FA Cup tie.

"He has had to do it before, playing for Barcelona against Celtic, so it's not as if it's an unusual one for him. Nonetheless, it will be an interesting day for us."

Larsson is training with United this week ahead of arriving for his two-and-a-half month stint from Helsingborgs.

The Swede's signing took many by surprise and Ferguson revealed even his own players were caught on the hop.

"I think it has done that, I don't think there is any question of that," replied Ferguson when asked if Larsson's signing had created a buzz.

"When I announced it a few players came up to me and said that was a good one, and they were surprised at the suddenness of it and the secrecy of it.

"I think there's a general warm feeling in the dressing room about it and he has come at a good time in the championship race." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Evans tipped for the top

Royal Antwerp secretary Paul Bistiaux insists Jonny Evans has what it takes to be a first team fixture at United.

The Northern Irish international, 19, caught the eye during his four month loan in Belgium, and will return to Old Trafford in January to bolster Sir Alex Ferguson's squad.

"Jonny Evans is a super talent," Bistiaux told the Manchester Evening News. "For a 19-year-old and already a Northern Ireland international he is unbelievable. We can easily see why he has won full caps for his country at such a young age.

"He is a fantastic defender and has been absolutely outstanding for us this season since arriving in July. He is so confident and strong.

"It is not for me to decide, of course, but in my opinion it wouldn't be a surprise at all if he played for United on a regular basis in the future. He has a very big chance.

"Jonny is one the best we've had here from Old Trafford and in terms of players you thought would break through. The name of John O'Shea springs to mind as a comparison.

"We knew here that John had the potential to make United's senior squad and he has done."

Evans is one of seven players returning from loan spells in January, two of whom - Danny Simpson and Dong Fangzhuo - have been fighting for promotion with Antwerp and have also impressed Bistiaux.

"Danny is a top-quality defender and a very intelligent player," he said. "He has made a lot of progress.

"When he came to us at the start of the year he was a young man who'd been in a boy's game really but he has stepped up to the man's game and has come on enormously.

"It is like when a student goes to University and then has a year abroad to finish his education ready for the big wide world. Danny has done that. Football education never finishes, but he's ready for the real thing now."

"Dong has made enormous strides in the last year," Bistiaux added. "Probably in the last six months he has come on better and better. He is a great talent who never misses a chance and has terrific pace, can head and shoot.

"He's an explosive striker in terms of the fact that you might not see him in a game for 20,30 minutes and then completely out of nothing he will do something special and score a goal. He certainly knows how to score goals.

"All the United boys here have been great to work with and have been lovely, intelligent nice lads and have been a pleasure to work with. Both United and ourselves continue to get value out of the alliance." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\/o\/o\/o\/o\

Unlucky Jonny.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richie J:

Nick:

Kerrea Gilbert's been out injured for a while now. Dislocated his shoulder in the first week of November. He was supposed to be back in training soon, but I'm assuming Simpson is being brought in to fill the gap. Gilbert was fffffb though, so Simpson will really have to go some in order to keep his place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought I'd heard about him being injured, cheers. Simpson's a very similar type of player to Gilbert, hopefully Danny will get his share of games. Bit of a waste of time if he's just going as cover.

Archived