The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Martin going on & on & on & on & on about how he is going. Last time that happened we had a great result icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah shut your face triple B you burk icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Haha Ben Foster icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ben, which are/were your favourite keepers and why?

Well Ben this is a strange one, but when I was really young about 10, I really used to think Pavel Srnicek was fantastic. I am wasn't a Newcastle fan at all but I just remember him being brilliant and he was the first keeper I really noticed. After that there was only one and that was Peter Schmeichel - who was just fantastic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>But SrníÄek IS great, nothing to be ashamed of icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

So it seems that Citeh put up a banner near OT before derby day, only trouble is some reds seemed to find it....

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glazier icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I hadn't been on the ri forum since I had joined this one. But just looking who is online atm - from the OTF forum:

BBB = BBB

Nick OGS20 = 20LEGEND?

Anyone else from the OTF go on it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, that's not me. i'm Babyfaced Assassin on RI, but i haven't posted on the RI main forum for months

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

So it seems that Citeh put up a banner near OT before derby day, only trouble is some reds seemed to find it....

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

isn't that the Council House in the background? presumably not that close to OT if it is...

Why has Saha signed a new deal? He signed for 5.5 years in 2004, me thinks someone wants more money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The club could also have initiated it, to put him on a level with the other top players and therefore reflect and reconfirm his position now Ruud's gone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

isn't that the Council House in the background? presumably not that close to OT if it is... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They found the banner near OT on derby day and took it

Then they went to the council house to burn it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MEN on kids

'SIR Alex Ferguson is bulking up his senior squad with the return of a posse of on-loan youngsters. The United boss is taking no chances with the FA Cup third round match at home to Aston Villa on January 7, following the heavy festive programme, then the Champions League tie with Lille at the end of February.

Fergie believes he needs numbers to guard against unexpected injuries and suspensions.

Last week he announced that plans were being made for the return of Giuseppe Rossi from Newcastle, Phil Bardsley and Lee Martin from Rangers and Chris Eagles from Nijmegen.

United have had an alliance in place with Royal Antwerp in Belgium since November 1998 and a stream of Red teenagers have prospered in Belgium. Most notably John O'Shea spent time with Antwerp before making his first team breakthrough.

Now Jonny Evans, Danny Simpson, and possibly Dong Fangzhou, will return to Old Trafford to stake a senior claim at United.

Discussions are taking place with regards to their next career step after the winter break in Belgium.

Once again United's kids covered themselves in glory at the Bosuilstadion. Last Saturday Antwerp closed the gap on Belgian Second Division leaders FCV Dender to five points with a 3-0 home victory.

Manager Warren Joyce's side had six players in his XI who are on United's books. Evans, Simpson, Kirk Hilton, Darron Gibson, Mamam Souleymane and Dong Fangzhou all contributed to the win in the final match of the Belgian season before the winter break.

Royal Antwerp's general secretary Paul Bistiaux has once again been delighted with the influence of the Old Trafford youngsters.

"Jonny Evans is a super talent," he said."For a 19-year-old and already a Northern Ireland international he is unbelievable. We can easily see why he has won full caps for his country at such a young age.

"He is a fantastic defender and has been absolutely outstanding for us this season since arriving in July. He is so confident and strong.

"It is not for me to decide, of course, but in my opinion it wouldn't be a surprise at all if he played for United on a regular basis in the future. He has a very big chance.

"Jonny is one the best we've had here from Old Trafford and in terms of players you thought would breakthrough the name of John O'Shea springs to mind as a comparison. We knew here that John had the potential to make United's senior squad and he has done."

Salfordian Simpson has been at Antwerp since last January and his progress chart has also been impressive.

"Danny is a top-quality defender and a very intelligent player," Bistiaux added.

"He has made a lot of progress. When he came to us at the start of the year he was a young man who'd been in a boy's game really but he has stepped up to the man's game and has come on enormously.

"It is like when a student goes to University and then has a year abroad to finish his education ready for the big wide world.

"Danny has done that. Football education never finishes as such but he is ready for the real thing now."

China's Dong Fangzhou has finally secured his work permit to play in England after being in Belgium since January 2004 following his £3.5m transfer from Dalian Shide to United.

Last Saturday he scored for Antwerp in that crucial 3-0 win.

"Dong has made enormous strides in the last year. Probably in the last six months he has come on better and better," Antwerp's general secretary reported.

"He is a great talent who never misses a chance and has terrific pace, can head and shoot.

He's an explosive striker in terms of the fact that you might not see him in a game for 20,30 minutes and then completely out of nothing he will do something special and score a goal. He certainly knows how to score goals. I think he's ready for the big world as well.

"All the United boys here have been great to work with and have been lovely, intelligent nice lads and have been a pleasure to work with. Both United and ourselves continue to get value out of the alliance." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

It's pathetic really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just is, getting the banner and burning it in front of their ground while recording it, it's like happy slapping for football fans.

It just is, getting the banner and burning it in front of their ground while recording it, it's like happy slapping for football fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, cos w**king over Ruud videos is what real football fans do.

It's pathetic really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just is, getting the banner and burning it in front of their ground while recording it, it's like happy slapping for football fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're SO wrong Mika, it's what the proles do. You know, like dog fights and badger baiting in the 19th century. it's the 21st century equivalent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

robbing scouser </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong thread you goldfish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

goldfish \o/ put it in the Lpool thread then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ince keen on Reds' youngsters

Macclesfield Town player-manager Paul Ince has told MUTV he’s interested in developing links with United’s youth and reserve squads.

Ince, who played 281 times under Sir Alex, spoke to the Reds’ boss recently about the prospect of bringing players to the League Two side on loan deals.

The 39-year-old was in attendance at a recent Manchester Senior Cup match in which United’s reserves played their cross-town rivals.

“I spoke to Sir Alex the week before and there were a couple of players I went to have a look at,†Ince confirmed. “But when I got there, they were injured, so I wasn’t too happy!

“The fact that I played under Sir Alex is a bonus [for my managerial career]. Any good players coming through the ranks at United that might need first team experience…well, he can keep me in mind. I’m always looking – not just at Manchester United, but at any clubs – for players who can improve the team.â€

Ince took over the top job at struggling Macclesfield in October and said playing under Sir Alex had prepared him well.

“He taught me about high standards and to never let them drop. I’ve tried to bring high standards into this club, both on and off the pitch,†explained the former England midfielder.

“Before I came here, there was no masseur and the lads were eating in the sandwich shop. Now we all eat together, we have two masseurs and a fitness coach, and the lads have responded with good results on the pitch.

“As a player, I never shirked a challenge in my life and I’m not going to shirk this one now. It’s a chance for me to get into management and I’m enjoying the challenge.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

pfft shame you didn't apply that when you were in 'Self Righteous Fan' mode, eh Jimbo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wouldn’t recognise a sensible adult discussion if it slapped you on the 4th chin.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

pfft shame you didn't apply that when you were in 'Self Righteous Fan' mode, eh Jimbo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf it was actually an intrinsic part of his argument - 'I KNOW I deserve the tickets more than you because I've applied for every game SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

You wouldn’t recognise a sensible adult discussion if it slapped you on the 4th chin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah people with beginners beer bellies aren't allowed to quip at the fat bloke, ok?

Archived