The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

fwiw i wouldnt be opposed to signing bale then loaning him out for the next 1 or 2 seasons after the end of this season. Seems to be a great talent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs i keep making up words, must be the stress.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i don't really understand where you're coming from with that fran? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the late reply icon_smile.gif

My point was that you are spending nearly £25m a season. Maybe a bit less, but in general close to that.

Last season you had Evra - 5.5m

Park - 4m

Foster - 1m

VDS - 2m?

Vidic - 7m?

That's about 20, nearly 25 icon_wink.gif

(L) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's £19.5m, and before you take away the money recieved for the likes of Neville, Kleberson and so on. VDS and Park were also budgeted for by the old PLC regime.

and ofc you don't need me to point out that so far in the second year of the glazer stewardship, we're operating at a net transfer profit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">that's £19.5m, and before you take away the money recieved for the likes of Neville, Kleberson and so on. VDS and Park were also budgeted for by the old PLC regime. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is nothing that has said that it was £25m net or £25m total out in a season/year. But hey I don't expect you to acknowledge that statement with nothing more than a 'and?' or in James' case a rather witty remark.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">“£25 million of annual net player spend is sufficient to support forecast growth over the next five years†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

miss that bit?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">“£25 million of annual net player spend is sufficient to support forecast growth over the next five years†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

miss that bit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must have missed that bit, but the Times article at the time never clarified if it was net or per year/season.

Plus that article about Smith above also says that there is no limit. So you don't know who to believe (on either side)

Plus that 'quote' is only attributed to a document, and with there being two documents that the article refers to, we do not know whether it was in both documents? or in one? and if it was in one, is it in the one that was undertaken? as two separate documents regarding the refinancing could mean that they had two approaches and only one was adopted.

I wouldn't mind us not spending the £25 million a year if our squad was actually okay at the moment. however we still have a massive Keane shaped hole in the centre of our side & it's obvious the midfield needs investment.

I don't care how much we spend in a year or how little as long as the team actually looks complete.

look, pj, i'll spell things out and then give you a chance to admit you were wrong and bow out gracefully:

- whether the article is referring to two documents or not, i don't care. simple fact - it says near the end “£25 million of annual net player spend is sufficient to support forecast growth over the next five yearsâ€. i couldn't care less if it was true, i was simply responding to someone who was assuming it was and basing their argument on it. you attempted to pick holes in that as you seem to do whenever matters concerning the glazers are discussed these days, and made yourself look a bit silly.

How long will the papers keep printing this £25 million per year garbage despite it clearly being false? It ****es me off almost as much as the periodic statements by Ferguson and Gill defending the Glazers or mentioning how things work so much better now that the club is not a PLC. There is no good way to spin £600+ million of debt.

look, pj, i'll spell things out and then give you a chance to admit you were wrong and bow out gracefully: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to worry, I'm not going to bother discussing Glazer regime anymore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United, White Hart Lane, Sunday 4th February, kick off 4pm.

We have received an allocation of 2801 tickets priced £44 adults, £21 over 65’s and under 16’s and £39 adults, £19 over 65’s and under 16’s.

Executive Members can apply in writing quoting their membership number and facilities held. Please ensure your application is marked “Spurs Awayâ€, enclose payment and a first class sae. Forward your application to the Ticket and Membership Office no later than 5pm on Friday 29th December.

Additionally Season Ticket holders who purchased a seat for the following home cup games: Celtic, Copenhagen and Benfica, are invited to register an application for this game by calling the 24 hour Ticket Order Line on 0870 442 1999 from 9am on Tuesday 2nd January through to 5pm on Monday 3rd January. Please note that this is a 24 hour service and tickets are not allocated on a first come first served basis.

All payments must be made by credit/debit card, however please note if successful an administration fee of 3% per transaction is charged for this service.

COACH TRAVEL TO WHITE HART LANE

Executive Coach £27

Depart Car Park N2 9:00am

Est. return to Old Trafford 10:00pm

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyway tomorrows game:

First of many games againt Villa in coming weeks, and first of 5 games in a fortnight. With that in mind could see a few changes for tomorrow. Maybe Fletcher in the side for Giggs or Ronaldo, with Rooney on one of the flanks. With more changes on Tuesday I expect.

scatter - it's 42mb when compressed into a rar file. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

i've just fired off an email to the addy listed in your profile. let me know when you've uploaded the file so i can delete the account plz.

i'll leave the file posted for as long as you like as i have no bandwidth limit (which is awesome).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

fwiw i wouldnt be adversed to signing bale then loaning him out for the next 1 or 2 seasons after the end of this season. Seems to be a great talent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not seen him do anything but hit great free-kicks with his left peg, does he have much else in his locker to warrant such praise?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

fwiw i wouldnt be adversed to signing bale then loaning him out for the next 1 or 2 seasons after the end of this season. Seems to be a great talent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not seen him do anything but hit great free-kicks with his left peg, does he have much else in his locker to warrant such praise? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well being able to beat the wall AND hit the target makes him better than a certain set piece taker we currently have.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I've not seen him do anything but hit great free-kicks with his left peg, does he have much else in his locker to warrant such praise? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well being able to beat the wall AND hit the target makes him better than a certain set piece taker we currently have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll give you that.

Also Bardsley confirmed to Sunderland on loan but Evans is 50/50 on SSN.com

haha wp Giggsy icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "United have given me everything I've possibly wanted,†he told the PFA’s website. “Some people, like Alan Shearer for example, have great careers, but don't win trophies. I've been lucky to win so much – and get the friendships I've enjoyed. It's been the whole package. I wouldn't swap my career with anyone's."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just got a Villa cup ticket by the way. Bout ****ing time those ***** at the TO sent something my way goddamnit... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs icon_biggrin.gif

West Tier 2 ftw icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Just got a Villa cup ticket by the way. Bout ****ing time those ***** at the TO sent something my way goddamnit... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs icon_biggrin.gif

West Tier 2 ftw icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wall \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Nick's just seen Morientes in Manchester </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The strengthening of the front line continues icon_biggrin.gif.

Who's coming to wall on Boxing day?

Also Mart do you want me to bring spaced DVD?

Bardsley to Sunderland? interesting. Keano won't stand for any big-time charlie attitudes, could be (and probably is) make or break for him.

and yeah, saw Morientes in town. the geriatric striker recruitment continues apace

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BLACK CATS SWITCH FOR BARDSLEY

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed young full-back Phil Bardsley will join Sunderland on loan next month.

Black Cats boss Roy Keane had been reported as doing a deal with his former club to secure the services of teenage Northern Ireland international Johnny Evans on a short-term basis.

However, while Ferguson has claimed that he has still to decide whether to release Evans, the Red Devils chief did confirm Bardsley would be heading up to the Stadium of Light in January.

"Roy has been in touch with regard to Johnny Evans and Phil Bardsley," the Scot told MUTV.

"In the case of Phil, the deal has been agreed but with Johnny we are holding back a little bit so we can decide what the best thing for him is.

"We could decide to keep him here but if he does go on loan, Sunderland would present the right type of challenge for him."

Bardsley, who has made 17 first-team appearances for United, was originally loaned to Rangers at the start of the season.

Despite impressing during his first few weeks with the Ibrox outfit, the 21-year-old eventually had a massive fall-out with coach Paul Le Guen and was one of seven loan players due to be recalled by Ferguson next month.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie's quotes on the issue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Yes please, do you have both series dude? Wall thus far

Me

NickOGS

Mika

Rcjuk

Razor Eddie iirc

Coldberg

Alansmithifb and his mate

People no showing because they're nonces

Acou2000 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sweet and yes I do have both series.

Mike = icon_cool.gif