The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and yeah, saw Morientes in town. the geriatric striker recruitment continues apace </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That just doesn't make any sense (for either us or City), I mean we've just signed Henke for 10/12 weeks so he's not exactly going to get much action. And giving up Champions League football for the Council Housers is crazy. And its not exactly if he was any good in the Premiership in the first place.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Genuine question: Can anyone think of headed goals by Rooney for United?

I was just thinking about it and can't recall him scoring any with his head. Can anyone tell me any, there is probably loads but I can't think atm.

Tomorrow will be my 4th visit to Villa Park. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rooney has never scored with his head for united and not sure if he did when he was at Everton.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

I think he'd be a decent signing for City tbf, but if he's playing first team football I can't see why he'd go there. Maybe he just knows Manchester has the best shopping in the world, he's not exactly come over for the weather. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

him and his family were absolutely LADEN down with shopping bags, gold ones so i presume he'd been in selfridges/harvey nics etc. did a proper double take when i walked past him. wanted to shout something derogatory but then considered that he'd been utter gash for the scousers and decided congratulations and thanks would be more appropriate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I aim to be in the pub drinking my first WKD at 12.00

the pub being the away one, 3pm yeah </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you will not be drinking wkd ffs

not entirely sure we need to be there for midday. we'll have been drinking for two hours already on the rattler, a further three hours in the boozer will kill you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I was just thinking about it and can't recall him scoring any with his head. Can anyone tell me any, there is probably loads but I can't think atm.

Rooney has never scored with his head for united and not sure if he did when he was at Everton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he's only got one headed goal in his career, for England at Euro 2004 against Switzerland.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Rooney has never scored with his head for united and not sure if he did when he was at Everton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he's only got one headed goal in his career, for England at Euro 2004 against Switzerland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I've seen of him he's not actually that bad with his head is he? Just he's never the type to get on the end of crosses in an advanced position.

ALEX FERGUSON will go into the New Year with a £50million transfer kitty burning a hole in his pocket.

Manchester United’s owner Malcolm Glazer and his sons Joel, Bryan and Avi set aside the cash in their latest business plans for the Old Trafford giants.

YAS \o/\o/\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With Chelsea hot on their heels, however, victory away to Aston Villa today would appear crucial to United’s hopes of maintaining the momentum they have built up as they enter the hectic festive period. It must be achieved without Michael Carrick, the England midfield player, who could be out for up to a month with an ankle ligament injury. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fan****ingtastic

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And they'd have had more had we played with a proper formation sooner :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as if "formations" make a difference

the entire reason we were crap last year was because of Ruud slowing the side down with his ruthless finishing

Archived