The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo is certainly in a decent bit of form, but I'd rather have Pennant who will mature into the better all round team player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good god icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Embarrassing to support the same team as him. icon_frown.gif

Reading W

Newcastle W

Villa W

Arsenal D

Watford W

Spurs W

Charlton W

Fulham W

Bolton W

Blackburn W

Pompey W

Sheff Utd W

Boro W

Everton W

Citeh D

West Ham W

Chelsea D

Liverpool D

Points - 96

Chelsea

Fulham W

Villa W

Wigan W

Liverpool D

Blackburn 3

Charlton W

Boro W

Citeh W

Sheff Utd W

Watford W

Spurs W

West Ham W

Newcastle W

Bolton W

Arsenal D

Everton W

Man Utd D

Points - 94

Am I the only one thinks we'll do Citeh?

Admittedly I've got us losing against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, but I reckon we'll beat the bitters. We're due.

Besides, if Ronaldo continues to be as awesome as he can be then we'll probably win every game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Besides, if Ronaldo continues to be as awesome as he can be then we'll probably win every game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How long before some Vinnie Jones-like gorilla just mashes him ? icon_frown.gif Or Shrek ? Or Louis ?

These are my fears.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Am I the only one thinks we'll do Citeh?

Admittedly I've got us losing against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, but I reckon we'll beat the bitters. We're due.

Besides, if Ronaldo continues to be as awesome as he can be then we'll probably win every game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends on where we stand when the later games are played. If we royally screw up between now and then and are a couple of points behind Chelsea, I can see us losing our head a bit. But if we're still around four points clear when these games come around I think we'll raise our game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

How long before some Vinnie Jones-like gorilla just mashes him ? icon_frown.gif Or Shrek ? Or Louis ?

These are my fears. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I too fear 'Pele-in-66' treatment for the lad from some absolute cuunt sometime in the near future. With Louis, it wouldn't even need to be that severe, just a misplaced Nemanja stare could break him in two.

We're still about 3 players short of a good solid squad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

A bit of a surprise that Ben Thatcher didn't wu tang Ronaldo in the Manchester derby the other week. What is the minimum amount of points, people will be satisfied with away at Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 in total would do me. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

A bit of a surprise that Ben Thatcher didn't wu tang Ronaldo in the Manchester derby the other week. What is the minimum amount of points, people will be satisfied with away at Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 in total would do me. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hasten to add that I believe we'll get 6, but that's not what you asked.

if we avoid defeat in those three games i'd be very happy.

never accept anything less than three points against the skaus.

a point away at arsenal isn't a bad result.

losing away to chelsea isn't the end of the world.

Reading W

Newcastle W

Villa W

Arsenal L

Watford W

Spurs W

Charlton W

Fulham W

Bolton W

Blackburn W

Pompey D

Sheff Utd W

Boro W

Everton W

Citeh W

West Ham W

Chelsea L

Liverpool D

Points - 95

Chelsea

Fulham W

Villa W

Wigan W

Liverpool D

Blackburn W

Charlton W

Boro W

Citeh W

Sheff Utd W

Watford W

Spurs W

West Ham W

Newcastle W

Bolton W

Arsenal L

Everton W

Man Utd W

Points - 96

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

we're not gonna beat Chelsea away

we're gonna do Liverpool at Anfield though. I FEEL it.

ultimately we're still gonna finish 2nd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didin't say we were icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Hey!

Here's an idea, how about we all stfu, take each game as it comes and then in may we can see where we are!?!!!!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it'll be 2nd though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

SOOOOOO?

IM JUST ENJOYING THE AWESOME FOOTY WERE PLAYING RIGHT NOW

THESE ARE GOOD TIMES

GOOD TIMES </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.

That's why I wish people wouldn't ruin it by setting themselves up for disappointment when we dont win the league rather than just enjoying the good football.

Rooney icon_cool.gif

btw all the talk suddenly of Ronnie being 'miles better' than Rooney is so wrong.

Wayne ifffffb... it's just that for the majority of this season they have been at completely opposite ends of the form spectrum.

It fills me with warm fuzzy joy that both are in our side

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Rooney icon_cool.gif

btw all the talk suddenly of Ronnie being 'miles better' than Rooney is so wrong.

Wayne ifffffb... it's just that for the majority of this season they have been at completely opposite ends of the form spectrum.

It fills me with warm fuzzy joy that both are in our side </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep its great when you have two players like them and can just spend ages arguing over which one is better.

For whats it worth i always thought Rooney the better player but Ronnie as the one with the most potential. 2 or 3 years on though and i think Ronnie might just be the better of the two.

Taken from the sun but anyway...

And if we were to loan how much of a shockwould it be to see him go to Sunderland?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Keano ready for Rossi raid

MANCHESTER UNITED superkid Giuseppe Rossi is set for a shock loan switch from Newcastle to Sunderland.

Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson is unhappy at the 21-year-old striker’s lack of first-team chances at Toon.

So Fergie is recalling the Italy Under-21 star from St James’ Park — and then letting him join Newcastle’s North-East rivals, who are managed by his old skipper Roy Keane.

Rossi has started only five games — three Premiership and two Carling Cup ties — since joining Glenn Roeder’s Magpies last August.

His only goal was in the 3-0 League Cup win over Portsmouth in October.

Keane has already been in touch with his old boss with the promise of games for Rossi.

And Keane will also try to persuade Fergie to let him borrow centre-back Jonny Evans, who is already a Northern Ireland cap at 19.

Reds right-back Phil Bardsley, 21, whose loan at Rangers was cut short after a bust-up, is already set for a loan move to Sunderland.

Ferguson is ready to allow the Rossi move to go through because his squad has been buoyed by the arrival of striker Henrik Larsson on loan from Swedish club Helsingborg.

Larsson, 35, will be available in the New Year and has already impressed in training. He retired from top-flight football at the end of last season when he left Barcelona to see out his career at his home-town club.

But Ferguson has taken the one-time Celtic and Sweden star on loan until the end of March and cannot wait to have Larsson available as he aims to utilise his squad after a busy holiday programme.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the thing with predicting results is that context really matters.

you'd put sheffield united at home down as a three point banker, but if it's a must win game in terms of staying with/maintaining a lead of chelsea, then it becomes an infinitely more difficult match because of the pressure. the longer we maintain the gap over the chelsea, the same will be true of their fixtures.

i wouldn't be at all surprised if neither side reaches 90 points tbh, yet when you look at the games remaining, under ordinary circumstances, you'd say both teams would be certainties to reach 90 points.

Archived