The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an awful feeling that we are going to get a team that includes Richardson tomorrow.

For the life of me i just cant see Fergie not using the squad players again.

Van Der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Heinze, Fletcher, O'Shea, Giggs, Richardson, Saha, Solskjaer

Or something very close to that.

I cant see Ronaldo being dropped really and Rooney was rested already. Fergie said Carrick would be fit again and Park will start because of he needs games. Fletcher or O Shea will be a toss up, i hope Silvestre doesnt start, wasteman.

vds, g nev, wes, rio, evra, park, carrick, fletcher, ronaldo, rooney, saha.

but it wont be will it. At least 2 other changes.

Heinze rues cost of World Cup dream

Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze feels his mixed season so far may be the price he has paid for pushing himself to make last summer's World Cup.

Despite rupturing cruciate ligaments in the previous September, Heinze still forced his way into Argentina's squad for the finals in Germany.

The 28-year-old appeared in four of his country's five games as they were dumped out at the quarter-final stage by hosts Germany in a penalty shoot-out and returned to Manchester believing he was fully fit.

However, medical tests told another story and United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was forced to put the former Paris St Germain star on a personal fitness programme in an effort to increase his muscle strength.

Happily for Heinze, the punishing regime has worked, although he now finds himself behind much-improved Patrice Evra as Ferguson's first-choice left-back.

'I am not far off getting my full form back,' he told MUTV.

'I am happy that I am feeling better with myself but the important thing is that I am playing again.

'It is nice to put those fitness problems behind me. No-one likes that.'

Heinze's dedication to the Argentina cause first surfaced in 2004 when, despite having only signed for the Red Devils a couple of months earlier, he accepted an invitation to play at the Olympics.

The move worked out perfectly given Heinze collected a gold medal in Athens before belatedly joining United and producing a string of superb performances which eventually saw him crowned player of the year ahead of Wayne Rooney.

Although Ferguson admitted last season it would probably be better if Heinze did not go to the World Cup, there was never a question of him trying to stop the tough-tackling defender, although the player himself insists it was not a foolhardy move.

'There is nothing more important in a footballer's life than the chance to represent your country in such an important competition,' he said.

'But when I decided to represent my country at the World Cup, I didn't just do it with my heart. I gave it a lot of thought and used my head.

'It is normal to push yourself. I thought I was fine and when I came back I thought the injury had gone away. I suppose you tend to learn from these things.'

Heinze's second-half introduction against Wigan on Boxing Day was only his 10th Premiership appearance of the campaign.

However, with Ferguson promising changes, he could start tomorrow when Reading head to Old Trafford looking to follow up their surprise draw at Chelsea by taking more points off United, who were held on their visit to the Madejski Stadium in September.

I actually thought Silvestre was better than O'Shea overall vs Wigan :/ though the penalty incident was classic Micky to have his 'at least one costly f**k up' quota filled

Kieran was worse than both of them though by a mile. Just don't be in the team tomorrow. Just. Don't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Scatter - just tried uploading the db, had no luck getting it to work tonight. i'll have another go in the morning and then ask for help if it still isn't working. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Need a hand?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

If Rooney & Ronalso both play tomorrow it should offset the crapness of the rest of the team.

Shame I will have to put up with the two twats who bitch everytime Fletcher touches the ball sat next to me icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keith and Mart ain't that bad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

If Rooney & Ronalso both play tomorrow it should offset the crapness of the rest of the team.

Shame I will have to put up with the two twats who bitch everytime Fletcher touches the ball sat next to me icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keith and Mart ain't that bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wont be there so it aint me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

btw all the talk suddenly of Ronnie being 'miles better' than Rooney is so wrong.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, he isn't suddenly better, he always has been icon_cool.gif

If Rooney & Ronalso both play tomorrow it should offset the crapness of the rest of the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, like against Southend...wait. icon_frown.gif

it was too easy/obvious

best left to the personal thought space where I bask in the glow of United's infinitely more illustrious history than da bluze

and Mika, it's not like you to be wrong but Ronaldo is clearly not miles better than Rooney. and certainly hasnt always been.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> EVANS AGREES BLACK CATS SWITCH

Posted 29/12/06 15:08

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans will join Sunderland next week after agreeing a loan deal.

And the 19-year-old could line-up alongside Old Trafford team-mate Phil Bardsley after the pair held talks this week with a view to playing a part in the Black Cats' push for promotion back to the Barclays Premiership.

Evans, who will spend the rest of the season on Wearside, is expected to be in the crowd at the Stadium of Light for Saturday's Coca-Cola Championship clash with high-flying Preston after manager Roy Keane discussed the move with former boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

Keane said: "Phil Bardsley came up here on Wednesday, had a look around and we had a good chat.

"He is having a few days to think things over and hopefully he will come back with a positive answer.

"Jonny looks a done deal. I spoke with the manager at United and Jonny's agent yesterday. He will come here next week and is hoping to be at the game tomorrow.

"I am absolutely delighted with that because he will be a top player.

"He is young, hungry and he is a tough lad. I have seen him play enough times.

"People might not know a lot about him, but I know enough to know he will add something to our team and our squad.

"I think it is of great benefit to the player because if he is trying to make a career at Manchester United, Sunderland is a great opportunity for him to come and play.

"He is a centre-half who can also play at full-back, but I probably see him more as a centre-half."

Northern Ireland international Evans has been on loan at United's Belgian feeder club Royal Antwerp this season, following in the footsteps of 21-year-old right-back Bardsley.

The older man has made 17 senior appearances for Ferguson's side and has had loan spells at Antwerp, Burnley and Rangers.

Keane told the club's official website, www.safc.com: "Bardo played here last year in the Premiership with United.

"Things have not gone too well for him at Rangers. He had a fall-out with the manager there - hopefully that is the last of his fall-outs with managers.

"I have trained and played with Bardo enough times and it is a great chance for him to come here and help us try to get back in the Premiership." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

should call him Brigitte really

so that's him, Evans and possibly Rossi heading to Sunlin, with one of our best ever players as manager. may as well call them United B icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kinda resolves the B team issue in a way really. Just requires Premiership managers to develop/have good relationships with a second tier club with good facilities. All nice and unofficial and non-crazy making for the FA who refuse to contemplate domestic partnerships.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

Come on Nick, sort us out with that DB icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye come on I've not bought FM07 yet and I've got a £25 amazon voucher to use that I don't want to spend on more DVDs or WoWs Burning Crusade (a bit ****ed with Blizzard at present) OR buy the game but start it with ineptly researched United data.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

mika doesn't like anyone or anything tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except Saint Ruud the martyr, who was sold for our sins icon14.gif

Archived