The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

extract it into your my documents/sports interactive/fm 2007/db folder, and that should be all you need to do

if you're playing with the file that corrects competition names etc, you'll need to copy and paste that in there and delete all the other lnc files

• Administrators

Unzip it, if Nick's done it correctly it'll be a folder called 'database'

stick that in

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\db

if that folder doesn't exist, create it

then on startup select this database, if Nick's tagged it properly it'll be easily identifiable

extract it into your my documents/sports interactive/fm 2007/db folder, and that should be all you need to do

if you're playing with the file that corrects competition names etc, you'll need to copy and paste that in there and delete all the other files in the l.nc folder

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

Come on Nick, sort us out with that DB icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye come on I've not bought FM07 yet and I've got a £25 amazon voucher to use that I don't want to spend on more DVDs or WoWs Burning Crusade (a bit ****ed with Blizzard at present) OR buy the game but start it with ineptly researched United data. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's going to happen either way. They'll both have one of the best midfielders and one of the best strikers in the world on our books, it's just it'll be David Jones and Ole instead of Rooney and Ronaldo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Right lads, we need to try and get Nick the researchers job, I suggest changing your locations to

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the last attempt at a coordinated drive for office based on the membership of this thread didn't really end up with the desired outcome did it?

The best thing to do is for his work to be recognised as markedly better than the current post-holder by people inside and outside of this thread and more importantly those at SI who sign off on assigning research responsibilities.

From the posts I've read in this and the Data Issues forum the fact that there aren't as many/any gaps (can't be specific not) in Nick's data or errors in the database itself (players there that shouldn't be apparently - who was that btw?) should at least turn someone's head.

As for the download was it 40mb?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

As for the download was it 40mb? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only ask because its a few megs off Nick's estimated file size a few posts earlier, just making sure I've got what I wanted.

Just saw an interview with Huntelaar.

When the interviewer asked what his foreign dream clubs were he mentioned Man Utd first... then Barcelona, Milan and Real Madrid.

I hope he stays after this season, but we'll see what happens... I give Man Utd the most chance though of all clubs that are following him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

What about the big transfer budget we have?

Sir Alex Ferguson believes the influence of the January transfer window is "over-rated".

Having secured Henrik Larsson on a short-term loan and recalled Giuseppe Rossi and half a dozen other youngsters from spells elsewhere, Ferguson is now pondering whether to make further reinforcements to his squad.

A move for Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves is still being debated, while chief title rivals Chelsea are working out whether they need to bring in cover for a host of injured stars.

Many pundits have claimed next month's market moves will be crucial in determining the destination of the major prizes.

However, given the restrictions on the number of players available, Ferguson doubts any new signings will have a dramatic effect.

"The influence of the transfer window is over-rated in the sense of what you can really do," he said.

"If you have ambitions in the Champions League, the Premiership and the FA Cup you are limited in terms of the number of players you can choose.

"We have signed players in the past but it is not necessarily the case we will sign someone this time. We may, or we may not. It depends on a lot of things.

"But I am happy we have Henrik Larsson coming in and also with the improvement in Alan Smith. And, now Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is fit again, he will definitely get us 15 goals."

Ferguson did splash out £12million on Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra 12 months ago, while in years gone by Louis Saha and Andy Cole have both arrived in mid-winter.

However, given the time Vidic and Evra took to settle in at Old Trafford, it is understandable why Ferguson prefers to concentrate on his current squad as United look to consolidate their four-point lead at the top.

In particular, it is the outstanding form of Cristiano Ronaldo is fuelling optimism for the second half of the campaign.

The only realistic challenger to Didier Drogba for the annual player of the year awards, the Portugal winger has already made a major mark on the Festive period, netting twice at Aston Villa last weekend before emerging from the bench to score another brace in the Boxing Day win over Wigan.

Former United winger Steve Coppell, whose Reading side are the next in line to try to stop Ronaldo at Old Trafford on Saturday, hailed the 21-year-old as the best player in the world just now.

It is not a statement Ferguson is about to disagree with.

"There are very few players in the world who can play wide and attack players the way he does with such speed," said the Red Devils boss.

"He is such a danger to defenders because he doesn't just beat men, he has the desire and drive not to give in when they foul him. No-one enjoys playing against someone like that.

"I am sure Cristiano is already one of the best players in the world. But he is only 21 and he will get better. He works hard, he practices and his lifestyle is good. I have no worries about him in that respect."

Ronaldo will almost certainly earn a recall along with the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville and Louis Saha, while Paul Scholes' suspension means Michael Carrick makes an instant return after missing the last two games with an ankle problem.

Having drawn with United once already this season, Reading had proved themselves to be dangerous opponents long before they put a dent in Chelsea's hopes of a title hat-trick.

The Royals' surprise result at Stamford Bridge has been blamed on the continued absence of Blues skipper John Terry.

However, while Ferguson acknowledges the loss of such a key man is hard to cope with, even for a club with Chelsea's vast resources, he believes the impact of Terry's back injury has been slightly overstated.

"He is one of the mainstays of their team but in the games he has missed, Chelsea have actually gained a point on us," observed the Scot.

"Overall, I just feel our form has been more consistent than Chelsea's and the name of the game for us now is to maintain it."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha

we so clearly have no money whatsoever... the occasional quote captioning Fergie as saying he wants to go back in for Hargs is as close as we're ever getting to even hoping for a big signing

but wait, where's that 50/60/80mill + we should have rolled over to this transfer window icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> GARY NEVILLE is facing a New Year operation which may rule him out of action for six weeks.

And boss Alex Ferguson is planning to replace him with unknown reserve Danny Simpson.

Fergie has called the youngster, 20 next week, back from a loan spell at Royal Antwerp and told him to get ready for his first-team debut.

Manchester United captain Neville has failed to recover fully from calf and knee problems which have plagued him all season.

He has missed the last two games with a knee problem — an injury which has been troubling him since the World Cup last summer.

He looked to have recovered but suffered a setback in the recent 1-0 defeat at West Ham and has also had problems with each calf.

Ferguson confirmed in November that unless the problems were cleared up by the New Year he would undergo an op.

Neville has been training alone with the club physios this week and wants to play at home to Reading today and at Newcastle on Monday.

Then United will take advantage of a break in the Premiership campaign for the player to have an operation.

United’s next league game after the trip to St James’ comes two weeks later away to Aston Villa, who they also play in the FA Cup in between.

Neville would be expected to miss five league games in all but Ferguson wants the problem sorted out so he can have his captain fresh for the title run-in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And boss Alex Ferguson is planning to replace him with unknown reserve Danny Simpson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** journalism like that really grates on me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Are we just ignoring the midfield for another 6 months then? icon_biggrin.gif

I swear that our outfield eleven is going ot consist of 5 left backs & 5 forwards by the start of next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

van der sar

o'shea silvestre heinze evra

solskjaer smith rossi richardson

rooney saha

</pre>

not too bad a line up tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

It isn't actually icon_biggrin.gif

Replace Richardson with Park (yes I am aware he is neither a forward or a leftback) & it's looking okay.

Doubt we could trist Silvestre/O'Shea/Heinze's elbows for 90 minutes week in week out though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs has played left back for us on more than one occasion, just put him in.

Archived