The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AllStar4:

what happened for the second reading goal? I'd switched over to the chelsea - fulham game (right as bocanegra scored icon_cool.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Described as a "Silvestre howler" on the radio. I'm sure someone will post a hilarious description for us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Mika, if we win it, you're not allowed to celebrate. You're banned from celebratory joyfulness. M'Kaay ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Irrelevant because we won't win so that's ok icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tanman007:

*potential spoiler*

Long ball from the right wing, someone heads it on, left back Silvestre trys to control bouncing ball, misses it, Lita nips in behind and beats VdS one on one. Silvestre looking in desperation to linesman for an imaginery push... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds pretty wretched

brown at centerback, o'shea at right back, and fletcher alongside carrick would be better than today's lineup, though I must say o'shea did little to anger me out there today.

well, that was the proverbial game of two halves, wannit? first half varied between rank and mediocre (with the odd flashes of goodness here and there), but the second half... from the moment the whistle was blown to kick off the second half, right up until the moment silvestre's kidney shaped brain imploded in stoppage time, we were simply brilliant. whip it out and crack one off orgasmic good.

ronaldo just awesome. absolutely awesome performance from him. no other word for it. i thought carrick was also superb, and desperately unlucky not to finally score his first goal for us, and giggs made a real difference when he came on too. rio as solid as ever at the back and wes was ok at RB too (although his crossing is a bit meh at times).

the one thing that i'm really annoyed about though is o'shea. i just don't get how one of the best managers of all time can not see how ****ing inept this guy is in the middle of the park. yeah alright, kidney head made a shocking howler at the death to give away a goal, but other than that, he was pretty solid today. o'shea was just seven different shades of inept. he did precisely the square root of **** all for 90 minutes besides give the ball away. SI should incorporate giving the ball away as a preferred move in FM08 just for the benefit of john o'shea. it might be somewhat forgivable if he ran around the park like a possessed madman and got stuck into everything that moved, but he's one of the laziest ****s i've ever seen on a football field. it probably sounds bizarre to be on a frothing at the mouth rant at one player given we won and played so superbly in the second half, but seriously, words cannot do justice to how inept jos was today. he was playing further forward than carrick, and should have scored twice. on both occasions he didn't even get a chance to shoot because he was standing around ball watching like a lazy fat pillock. just stood there. waited for it to bounce, and then reacted. not a defender in the same post code as he was. unbe-****ing-lievable.

before today, i'd just wince a little when his name was on the team sheet at anywhere other than fullback. now, i full on hate lazy bastard. i don't care if it's at fullback or not, i never want to see him in a united shirt ever again. he was just THAT dire.

renditions of we want our trophy back \o/

no happy birthday fergie being sung (at least, not that i could hear anyways) /o\

i'm going to the sydney test \o/ \o/ \o/

6 points clear \o/

MotM: Ronaldo

2nd: Ronaldo

3rd: Ronaldo

4th: Ronaldo

5th: Ronaldo

6th: Ronaldo

7th: Carrick.

giggs a close run thing with carrick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

its true

O'Shea resembled a footballer for parts of the 2nd half :O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

what? in that he had boots on? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

SAF on SSN describing it as our worst defending of the season, adding that he doesn't understand why icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs icon_biggrin.gif

I'd like to make a special thread announcement, regarding Scatter going to the Sydney test.

Congratulations Scatter on going to the Sydney test. I just feel that it hasn't been said enough that you're going to the Sydney test. Hopefully now people will be aware that you are going to the Sydney test, so enjoy going to the Syndey test.

Thanks.

um, potential spoilers I suppose.

Watched the game live on RTE. Dire atmosphere. I'm struggling to choose a deserving MotM tbh. Ronaldo looked understandably tired at times today and despite the two goals, each slotted home nicely, I wasn't entirely impressed by his display. Bright enough start from Solskjaer but he started to fade out after a while, unlucky not to have gotten a second goal though when it hit off the post. His first was top class, lovely cross from Ronnie sublimely headed in. Giggs added some much needed spark after coming on and what a fantastic cross that was into Ronaldo to all but secure the points.

MotM: Ronaldo

2nd place: Solskjaer

Defence was shakey as fook, luckily Doyle was stuck out on the left and therefore unable to run at Mickey. As Jim Beglin said, Scholes was sorely missed in the middle - O'Shea is just not doing it for me. The sending off was a poor decision I think but had he remained I doubt Reading would have made much more of an effort than they did with the ten men. Still, the foot was taken off the gas too much following the second goal - with this being only Reading perhaps it can be deemed acceptable but jaysus the unconvincing nature of the defence made it extremely tense every time they attacked for the equaliser. It was mainly the defending of set pieces that worried me.

Still, another brace from Ronaldo and Ole's finish = icon_cool.gificon14.gif

in fact I think your hate of him this time is a bit wrong (at least to the extent you show in that post above icon_biggrin.gif)

he really wasnt THAT awful today. I thought he gave the ball away far less than usual and even got involved in passing moves with the forwards.

dont get me wrong - he still offers zero to the side and is indeed the definiton of 'lumbering' .. I dont want him anywhere near the side either.

but Richardson is 10x worse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

Ji Sung is utterly useless. He's worse than Richardson. At least Richardson hardly ever starts.

ps Fletcher please **** off and allow Carrick to score. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

Ji Sung is utterly useless. He's worse than Richardson. At least Richardson hardly ever starts.

whatwhatwhatwhat

What nonsense. Did you see last weeks game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

What nonsense. Did you see last weeks game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i tihnk did he see this week's game is a more pertinent question tbh.

Are you wakey in disguise?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

There's little kiddies in the U15's who are probably more use than Kieran Richardson.

What an utterly useless player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

Park ftw.

Ji Sung is on more than Richardson. He's uselessness is magnified by this time on the pitch. Richardson comes on when the game is over and does just as a badly. Ji Sung does nothing when the game is still live.

If you don't take this into account, Richardson sucks more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright then, you're James's alias?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sunderland spell excites Evans

United's promising young centre-half Jonny Evans is relishing teaming up with former Reds skipper Roy Keane at Sunderland.

Evans, who turns 19 in January, has been on loan at Belgian side Royal Antwerp this season, but is expected to complete a loan move to the Stadium of Light early in January.

He is very highly rated at Old Trafford, and the experience of first-team football under Keane's charge is seen as the ideal next step in his career, but is also the chance for Evans to join up with one of his footballing idols.

"I am really excited about going to Sunderland. It is where I wanted to go," Evans told the Belfast Telegraph. "I know there was interest from other clubs, but once I knew Sunderland were interested there was only one place that I wanted to go.

"Sunderland were interested during the summer before Roy Keane got the job and I was interested myself then. But Roy Keane was really the deciding factor and I'm really looking forward to working with him. He has always been my idol since I was a kid.

"I am sure working with him as a manager he will give me advice and can push me to the next level."

And that represents the sole purpose of the move: reaching the next level would be to put him on the precipice of United's first-team. "The aim has always been to gain experience to prepare me to get into the first-team squad and Sir Alex Ferguson has always made it clear that he wants me to be there," he added. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> FERGUSON SCOFFS AT NEVILLE 'SURGERY' REPORTS

Sir Alex Ferguson has rejected claims Gary Neville will be out for six weeks and revealed the Manchester United full-back will play at Newcastle on New Year's Day.

Earlier in the season Ferguson admitted Neville might require surgery to correct a long-standing calf problem and reports surfaced this morning that the 31-year-old is due to have an operation at the start of next month.

Neville's absence from United's last three games, including this afternoon's 3-2 win over Reading, only fuelled speculation all was not well with the England star.

However, Red Devils officials played down the fears over Neville's fitness before the game, with Ferguson offering his own input after watching United charge six points clear of Chelsea at the Barclays Premiership summit.

"Gary is playing at Newcastle on Monday, so that six weeks has obviously been reduced by some miracle drug," he scoffed.

"It is so silly. These reports have supposedly come from some great authority. What kind of authority is it when the lad is going to play on Monday?"

Ferguson confirmed Rio Ferdinand was receiving treatment for a kick on the shin but said Nemanja Vidic and Paul Scholes would definitely be available for the St James' Park encounter after missing today's win through suspension. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good win, Reading are a good footballing side and they played well in first half. But in the second we were just amazing, especially Ronaldo and Giggs. Reading fans singing "**** off Mourinho" got a round of applause and when Hunt came on, he also got clapped. Ronaldo just incredible at the moment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

What's the latest on Saha? Is he injured? It seems he has been missing for a good while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's had a rest for the last two games, that's all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

What's the latest on Saha? Is he injured? It seems he has been missing for a good while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two games? icon_biggrin.gif

Archived