The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, the wonderful user known as Cottager has said we can use his membership card thing to get tickets for the United game at Fulham, maximum of 6 tickets so far we have

Me

Bagpuss

NickOGS20

James07?

Jules

So obviously one spare, Coldberg will get first refusal and then Alansmithifb14, tickets go on sale Mon 8th January.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">LUNCHBOX soccer star Freddie Ljungberg is being given the runaround by his two-timing model lover.

While he gets his kit ON for Arsenal, stunning Anara Atanes has been stripping hers OFF to play away with Man United's Kieran Richardson.

And neither of the Premiership rivals knows about her transfer of affections...until now.

As Freddie, 29, was lasting just six minutes in his team's draw with Portsmouth two weeks ago, Anara brought on her own sub—and secretly flew to New York for a dirty weekend with Kieran, 22.

So while one lover was receiving treatment for a hamstring injury, Anara, 21, was helping the other risk a groin strain.

She told a pal: "I've been having a great Christmas. They're both gorgeous. Freddie's such a gentleman. He's sexy and really knows how to turn a girl on.

"But Kieran's my little rough diamond. He's a bad boy, that's why I like him. We didn't see much of New York, but a lot of our hotel bedroom.

"I know it's naughty, both at the same time, but I'm a naughty girl."

Freddie, famous for his Calvin Klein underpants ads. was seen cuddling Anara at a tennis tournament earlier this month. Pals said they seemed very much in love.

But that's football. An opponent gets his tackle in and you lose possession. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/showbiz/showbiz4.shtml

Disgusting behaviour IMO. Should probably cancel his contract for bringing the club into disrepute icon_smile.gif

We can dream.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I love how Martin appoints himself in charge of who gets to come & who doesn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ffs, it's obvious the above will go, alansmithifb gets priority for letting us use his ST for applications for aways

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I love how Martin appoints himself in charge of who gets to come & who doesn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i love how he missed you off the list despite agreeing on it the other day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. Help pull the knife out of my back icon_frown.gif

i love how he missed you off the list despite agreeing on it the other day

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

i love how he missed you off the list despite agreeing on it the other day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. Help pull the knife out of my back icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've berated him on msn will that suffice

he also forgot its £42 a ticket

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I could've sworn you said you wouldn't go, or was that Ryan icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no flash fecks from stockport are getting in my car

oh wait he's already been in it, tainted already icon_frown.gif

just be careful who goes its only a small car and Nick is a lanky fecker there wont be that much space

and find somewhere to park the bloody car

Well there were a few un-needed nervy minutes right at the end wasn't there thanks to Mr Silvestre.

Sounds like I did a good thing not coming to the wall (was ****ing it down and went straight in ad watched charlton match), first half was just like the first 45 at the Wigan game no movement from front four and no creativity apart from Ronnie. Second half much, much better performance from all the team in particular Ronnie, Carrick and Giggs. Ronaldo just can't do any wrong at the moment, Ole was very unlucky not to score when he hit the post but Ronnie just seems to find himself in the correct possition every time. Can understand the O'shea/Silvestre hate but they both played pretty well apart from Mickey at the last goal. Great result from Stamford Bridge, although it ****es me off when the united fans seemed more interested in the Chelsea result than the United result.

Mart will bring Spaced to next match (guessing your going to Villa cup game?) and yes I would be interested in Fulham game, but up to everyone else who is before me in the list.

MoM: Ronaldo - Just Awesome

2nd: Ryan Giggs - Changed the game when he came on and gave us another dimmension.

Honourable mentions to : Wes Orange, Gabby & Carrick.

£42 to see Fulham, jesus.

Oh well \o/, keef will there be room in your tidy little motor to pick me up? good luck parking around Craven Cottage too. I may just get the train will be easier than a lift.

Happy birthday Fergie icon_cool.gif

Keep Gabby ffs, else Silvestre will be closer to the first XI.

O'Shea did have a decent game yesterday, I can accept when someone has a good game, angers me on a matchday you get this

Rooney misses a chance from 6 yards out - ROONEY ROONEY ROONEY ROONEY

Fletch misplaces a pass - **** me fletcher you're ****ing ****, ****ing ****.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

O'Shea did have a decent game yesterday, I can accept when someone has a good game, angers me on a matchday you get this

Fletch misplaces a pass - **** me fletcher you're ****ing ****, ****ing ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, thought Rooney was looking well short of confidence yesterday and didn't play well at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

£42 to see Fulham, jesus.

Oh well \o/, keef will there be room in your tidy little motor to pick me up? good luck parking around Craven Cottage too. I may just get the train will be easier than a lift.

Happy birthday Fergie icon_cool.gif

Keep Gabby ffs, else Silvestre will be closer to the first XI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure we can jam you in somewhere.

As for parking i'll stick it somewhere central probably

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Fletch misplaces a pass - **** me fletcher you're ****ing ****, ****ing ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, thought Rooney was looking well short of confidence yesterday and didn't play well at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Disgaree with that, for me he had a good game, one of his best for a while, just needs a goal and he'll be back to his best, fancy him to score tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo beats Mourinho to award

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has been named Portugal's sportsman of the year ahead of Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, who finished third.

The honour, handed out by Portuguese newspaper A Bola, recognised Ronaldo's "contribution to the expansion of Portuguese football across the world".

Ronaldo, 21, said: "I'm very happy with what I've achieved and want to continue at this level in 2007."

Mourinho, the winner in 2004, finished behind Benfica striker Nuno Gomes.

Ronaldo was heavily criticised in sections of the British media after he appeared to encourage referee Horacio Elizondo to send off Wayne Rooney during England's World Cup defeat by Portugal in July.

His United team-mate Rooney revealed in August that "we have got no problem with each other now".

And after surviving the backlash following his World Cup antics, Ronaldo has rediscovered his best form.

Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton, a director at Old Trafford, has been so impressed with Ronaldo, who has scored 14 goals for club and country this season, that he has tipped the Portugal player to become the 2007 Footballer of the Year.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, thought Rooney was looking well short of confidence yesterday and didn't play well at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Disgaree with that, for me he had a good game, one of his best for a while, just needs a goal and he'll be back to his best, fancy him to score tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying he wasn't trying (he worked his socks off) but in the first half he just looked off form and I think your correct he does need a goal for example that chance he had when he cut back inside and chipped it over the ball , I think if he was on form he would of spanked it past their keeper, although im sure his form will pick up in second hlaf of season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo beats Mourinho to award

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has been named Portugal's sportsman of the year ahead of Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, who finished third.

The honour, handed out by Portuguese newspaper A Bola, recognised Ronaldo's "contribution to the expansion of Portuguese football across the world".

Ronaldo, 21, said: "I'm very happy with what I've achieved and want to continue at this level in 2007."

Ronaldo was heavily criticised in sections of the British media after he appeared to encourage referee Horacio Elizondo to send off Wayne Rooney during England's World Cup defeat by Portugal in July.

His United team-mate Rooney revealed in August that "we have got no problem with each other now".

And after surviving the backlash following his World Cup antics, Ronaldo has rediscovered his best form.

Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton, a director at Old Trafford, has been so impressed with Ronaldo, who has scored 14 goals for club and country this season, that he has tipped the Portugal player to become the 2007 Footballer of the Year.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Well Deserved

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Well Deserved

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has dismissed reports that Gary Neville will be out for six weeks because of calf and knee injuries.

The 31-year-old England defender is in the squad to face Newcastle on Monday.

"He's playing on Monday, so that six weeks has obviously been reduced by a miracle drug," joked Ferguson, who celebrated his 65th birthday on Sunday.

"This has supposedly come from a great authority. What kind of authority is it when he's going to play on Monday?"

In November, Ferguson said Neville may have to undergo surgery to cure a long-standing calf injury.

Neville has missed United's last two games, with his last action coming in the 3-0 win over Aston Villa on 23 December.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

link - inc. fergie talking about chelsea and rossi

I'm glad I wasnt the only one who thought O'Shea was actually half decent (certainly by his standards) yesterday... scatter almost convinced me to believe otherwise.... almost.

Also Rooney did fine I thought.. the flick on in the build up to Ronaldo's 1st for example. He just really really needs a goal somehow to get him 'going' again.

Newcastle tomorrow - he's bound to score icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Richardson is about as useful in possession as a drain that whenever the ball is passed to it sucks the ball in and deposits it of the pitch for an opposition throw in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kick ball. Chase ball. Kick ball. Chase ball. Kick ball over byeline.

Right, the wonderful user known as Cottager has said we can use his membership card thing to get tickets for the United game at Fulham, maximum of 6 tickets so far we have

Me

Bagpuss

NickOGS20

James07?

Jules

So obviously one spare, Coldberg will get first refusal and then Alansmithifb14, tickets go on sale Mon 8th January. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahem. I'll take some of that, should it be spare at the end of the day.

Can't believe I haven't been told about it anyway. icon_frown.gif

You should have shown yesterday, you part timer icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe I've been at the wall more than Keef this season ? icon_mad.gif

icon_wink.gif

Bring ruud back!11111111111 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruud's ear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saha tbf. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

and everyone else's bad form is down to you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Given that nobody else is in really bad form, I'll take that :************)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

wait a second, so mika IS silvestre? no wonder he's so negative </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You now know why I defend Mikael constantly icon_frown.gif

Just realised I'd neglected to do this but based on MOTD and on written reports...

MOM: Cristiano Ronaldo

2ND: Ryan Giggs

I'm very glad of the win, thought we could edge it but was concerned that Reading would prove stubborn enough to come away with a draw. Lots of love to Fulham for pegging Chelsea back yesterday as well - if only Routledge knew how to finish he'd be as good as Pennant. Still too many potentially troublesome fixtures to navigate between now and the end of the season to get over-excited but we can definitely be glad of the 6 point gap we have now that the games played is even.

Ronny is playing excellently at the minute, I just hope he doesn't burn himself out by the end of February or something terrible. Wayne to please get a goal ASAP and Fletch to get some game time rather than O'Shea. VDS and Silv AFFG yesterday quite clearly. Nice to see Fergie say Rossi will be sticking around - can we use him tomorrow if we want? Or is there a clause in the contract/re-registration issue ala Larsson that prevents such a thing happening?

Anyway lets hope tomorrow works out well and we can stem Newcastle's recent good home form. Any early thoughts on the likely team given the 48hr gap between Reading and Newcastle fixtures and the fact that we've got a 6 day break until we play Villa in the FA Cup (mon Henrik getting his debut!)?

After having a 2 game rest it should surely be the first XI tomorrow except for any injuries?

Me though i'd play Rossi instead of Rooney. Rooney could do with a game or two off and Rossi is best to replace him and partly because i want newcastle to see how good he is when he isnt shoved on the left wing or just given 5 minutes here and there or playing in an injury ridden side who just hoof it up to him.

Archived