The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

We were too casual after Scholesy put the second in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

should have pushed for the 3rd... and also should have made more of the chances that came our way

Park was very poor /o\

Ronaldo not in the groove either.

MoM: Scholes by a mile.

Park is decent outside the box. He's fast and is a good passer. Once he gets inside the box though he's useless.

I thought Carrick was class when he came on. Fletcher has bags of energy but when you need to keep the ball and probe, he isn't really your man. Ronaldo had a quet game even though he still could have had a couple of goals and assists today. I won't overreact with regards to Rooney and say sell him or anything stupid but I would say he definitely needs a rest. Is Rossi available against Villa in the cup?

MotM: Scholes

Runner-up: Carrick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pires777:

teehee icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look mate i didnt even think of you as this ****ing brain dead but you are laughing at us for drawing on the back of losing 1-0 to Sheff Utd who had their midfielder in goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

go taz \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

surely 54 points in January is a record for us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 53 we were on before today was a record so probably.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pires777:

teehee icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look mate i didnt even think of you as this ****ing brain dead but you are laughing at us for drawing on the back of losing 1-0 to Sheff Utd who had their midfielder in goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

go taz \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of your boys, mainly rcjkej;rklj were in our thread yesterday. Just returning the favor icon14.gif

Maybe charlton will play an unknown 12 yr old CB at LB and he will score a hattrick against us icon_smile.gif

People saying Ronaldo had a bad game are being a bit harsh I feel. He wasn't as awesome as he has been but he didn't get any help today either. Loads of times he was taken out & the ref either played on or just ignored it. Prime example being just before Scholes got booked. Dyer shouldered him from behind & the ref basically told him to get up.

Just unlucky today more than anything. Had enough chances but couldn't finish them.

VDS could do nothing about either goal.

Lets all think of Nick & Martin's journey home icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Stop quoting Pires ffs, some of us have him on ignore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah what the Jenson lover said.

Didn't think we did too bad going forward, just allowed them two long range drives that maybe we should have closed down.

Do you think Pires777 actually realises how stupid he is?

"Your top of the league and drew so the gap could be cut to 4 points clear. Haha thats so funny" icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Your instead You're was done because i dont believe he knows the difference, it wasnt a spelling mistake at all.

Do you think Pires777 actually realises how stupid he is?

"Your top of the league and drew so the gap could be cut to 4 points clear. Haha thats so funny" icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, definitely icon_smile.gif

and rooney, my god ive never seen anyone worshipped so much for failing to hit the target so often.

*hits it over the bar when clean through*

ROONEY ROONEY ROONEY ROONEY

im venting, but nonetheless i wish he would hit the ****ing target every now and then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Ruud: I was happy at United

Ruud van Nistelrooy has dismissed suggestions that he asked to leave Manchester United three times during his five-year stint at Old Trafford.

Sir Alex Ferguson agreed to sell van Nistelrooy to Real Madrid in July following a turbulent end to last season for The Dutchman.

Reports have claimed that van Nistelrooy was unhappy at United for a very long time, but he maintains that he only asked to leave at the end of last season after his relationship with Ferguson had completely broken down.

"I never made any transfer requests before. I made one request and the result of that is that I am playing in Madrid now," he explained.

"I control my own career. My agent didn't talk to Barcelona in 2003 concerning my future.

"Every season clubs came in for me but I never wanted to leave. But one thing I learned in football is that you never know what can happen.

"I always gave everything for United. I hope the supporters will remember me like that.

"My proudest moment is still the day we won the league in 2003."

Van Nistelrooy also admitted that he would love Real Madrid to draw Manchester United in the UEFA Champions League so he could return to Old Trafford.

"That would be a big game for me," he told United fanzine Red Issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RUUD :******************************************)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Queiroz waits on big offer

Carlos Queiroz admits he would only return to Portugal to coach one of the big clubs.

The Manchester United assistant manager's contract expires at the end of the season and he is unsure about his future.

He is waiting to learn whether Sir Alex Ferguson wants to keep him at Old Trafford, while he is open to a return to Portugal.

However, Queiroz concedes that he would only be tempted to go home if one of the country's leading clubs made him an offer.

"In June my deal finishes and it will have been three years for me," Queiroz told O Jogo.

"Whether I stay or not depends on the decision of Alex and the new owners. Also I may decide to leave the club for other projects.

"I wait to accept a big project. Initially I left Portugal for six months and now it has been 11 years.

"I have still not received a spectacular project for me to reject the option (of returning to Portugal)."

Queiroz is in his second spell as Ferguson's number two and had recently been linked with the USA national team coaching post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't realise his contract was up.

Well two points dropped away from home, not ideal, but not a disaster either. It happened today and its going to happen again between now and the end of the season with the fixtures we’ve got coming up and we’re just going to have to reconcile ourselves with that.

Of most concern was the general lethargy in our play for long periods. While this trend can be seen in a number of our away performances this season, part of that can also be attributed to the to the disruptive schedule endured by all teams at this time of year. Even so we should be heading back to Old Trafford with 3 points in the bag.

Scholesy was clear MOM for me after two goals and a lot of good work outside of the two strikes. I’m currently undecided about whom I should give second place…maybe after I’ve finished this I’ll have a better idea.

VDS made one fantastic stop from Sibierski, but was otherwise untroubled bar the two long-range efforts that went in really. Milner’s was unstoppable and the deflection took that young left-back’s shot well out of his reach so he’s not culpable on either count. GNev and Scholes respectively probably both get my votes for AFFG just for being the ones that failed to get in the way effectively.

I wonder whether the injury Gary is carrying is hampering his mobility because he was slow to turn when Milner went inside to strike and he wasn’t effective as an attacking outlet really today, so pretty average from the Captain today IMO. Rio was relatively composed and did his best not to allow Sibierski to intimidate him physically and I was relatively pleased with him when he was marking Martins as well. Decent day for him I thought. Vidic on the other hand had a few of those “why are you diving in moments?†coupled with some stellar stopper work when we allowed Newcastle to gain momentum. Evra generally sound as well; got a couple of strong tackles in and got forward a few times as well (but less than he could have).

Scholesy’s work doesn’t need description. Fletch didn’t seem to be working in as high a gear as he was earlier in the season today for me but still did well on the ball bar 2-3 moments where his composure let him down and did more than most of the other midfielders to get beyond the front men and provide us with options. He had faded by the time Fergie brought Carrick on, who incidentally looked like he was going to be playing much further up than he usually would and was bright without making any real impact. JSP was hit and miss today – lots of endeavour but his technique let him down at crucial moments, which was a pity. In levelling that charge however, Giggsy can’t be exempt, except in his case his decision making let him down for me. Not that enamoured with the performance of either to be honest.

Saha looked bright before he went balsa on us so I’m disappointed that he had to depart. Hopefully it’s not serious. As for Rooney, the boy needs, god I don’t know what he needs because he’s just not there. We’re carrying an exceptionally talented player because of a misguided notion that we can’t afford to drop him (although arguably until now we didn’t have the options) despite the fact that he’s making very, very little by the way of end product.

I can only guess that he’s still feeling the impact of playing his way through last season, getting injured, being rushed back because for the English World Cup campaign *chortle* he was meant to be the ****ing messiah, starting the season then getting his momentum pegged back because of suspension and playing non-stop since he came back really. What we need to see from Fergie is some of that highly prized managerial judgement. Give the kid 10 days off so that he’s available for the league game against Villa and raring to go when we head to the Emirates at which point we’ll probably, best case scenario, only be 4 points ahead. Hell its worked for Ronaldo’s form in the past.

The added bonus to resting Rooney being that we can supplement Ole with the use of Larsson and more importantly Rossi in the FA Cup next weekend. Well that’s what I’d do anyway.

Okay so for MOMs I’m going with…

MOM: Paul Scholes m’lord he scores goals…

2ND: RIO! RIO! RIO! Ferdinand

I have a transfer tip for Man Utd:

Buy Van der Vaart from HSV this January. I know Ferguson has been following him since he was a regular at Ajax at the age of 17. Now 6 years later, he's the only world class player in the sinking ship that's HSV.

Apart from Scholes (who's fb tbh), Man Utd has no real playmaker right? You should try getting Van der Vaart, he's good icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

bit concerned that Chelsea have gone through their blip, whilst we haven't yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that comes when we play the tricky away games..

Chelsea should still be favourites for the title. I'm tempted to have a bet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Did you get a photo of your view in the stadium BBB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye fella, will upload shortly

fletcher was pants and we were overrun in midfield because of it, especially in the 1st half. carrick couldnt have come on quick enough tbh. id rather have played o'shea in there and thats saying something.

MotM:

1) Paul Scholes

2) Edwin Van der Sar

Archived