The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Did you get a photo of your view in the stadium BBB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye fella, will upload shortly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/BBBOTF/view.jpg

There you go, Gonch, Park was far far worse than Fletch, FLetch wasn't even that bad tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

There you go, Gonch, Park was far far worse than Fletch, FLetch wasn't even that bad tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

There you go, Gonch, Park was far far worse than Fletch, FLetch wasn't even that bad tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wrong. he was *****

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

haha its not a bandwagon you nonce, he had a poor game just accept it. i challenge you to watch it again and show me what he actually did? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he really wasnt as bad as you make out. at all.

If you're somehow denying Park was worse - you'd be completely wrong.

Guess you must have been up right at the back, BBB ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Geordie:

Guess you must have been up right at the back, BBB ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Row U aye

With all banter aside, I really like the ground, SO much leg room it's untrue icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup - it's good on the top tier - plenty of leg room for me, with my long pins. Not so good further down towards pitch level though. More cramped down there.

I thought Park, Giggs and Rooney all played worse than Fletcher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and you'd be completely correct. Park was atrocious, Giggs was awful late on when we needed a bit of quality from him, and Rooney just isn't there for whatever reason. tbf, i think again there's a bit of an overreaction with wayne, he played pretty well outside the box, there were a few brilliant surging runs from him which would/should have created chances had he had some support. he just doesn't look like he'd score in a granny-staffed brothel at the minute :/

i'm still pretty annoyed, newcastle were dire (no matter what fergie said) and they were there for a thrashing, and we inexplicably sat back after taking the lead and tried to cruise to 2-1. the equaliser, both generally and specifically, could be seen coming a mile off, and the way we tore into them and created numerous chances after that made the slackening off even more infuriating. on the face of it it's not a disaster to just get a point there, but i have a feeling the two points that were very definitely dropped will be looked back on at the end of the campaign as a massive turning point.

still, at least i can cheer myself up by laughing at just how pathetic the geordies were \O/

Really? Was under the impression that it was the same all around the ground? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. I've been sat in both the Lower Leazes and the Gallowgate before and there's not as much leg room.

Applying for Spurs away later today, probably going to get chubbed though.

I was thinking about our FA cup tie before and I have to admit I am pretty jealous of City getting Sheffield Wednesday.

We'd of got a massive allocation, Sheffield isn't too far away, t'is up north so everything isn't going to be too dear, the ground isn't far from the train station etc etc but we got Villa at home ffs. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Geordie:

With all banter aside, I really like the ground, SO much leg room it's untrue icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup - it's good on the top tier - plenty of leg room for me, with my long pins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we didn't sit apart from before the game and at half-time, but there was an obscene amount of leg-room, aye icon_biggrin.gif

really impressed by the ground, can't say the same about the much-vaunted support - dead as a dodo until newcastle took the lead, and similarly so from the moment we equalised until the moment they equalised. very impressive when celebrating goals (even if the scarf-waving is a little contrived) but aside from that, seriously no better than the likes of wigan this season, which (for all the banter and abuse we send the barcodes' way) i really didn't expect. and as for the celebrations outside the ground - i was sure i'd been at a mid-season game ending in a draw, but i can only assume that result actually clinced the league title for newcastle?

Why's it called the leazes btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well - behind that part of the ground is Leazes Park, from which I guess that end took it's name. Could be wrong though. Gallowgate is named from when they used to have public hangings back there during the 17/1800's. Gypsy hanging was especially popular by all accounts.

Well thats annoying.

Not only is the lack of ability to finish some gilt edged chances annoying but I transfered Scholes out of my fantasy football team yesterday. Maybe I should do the same with Rooney if it means he'll score...

Anyway, on performances so far who would you give player of the season too if it had to be decided now. Scholes or Ronaldo. Personally I'd go for Scholes.

MOTM: Scholes

Runner up: Ronaldo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

should hang Park after that missed chance near the end tbqph </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was pretty much celebrating as Ronaldo's cross picked him out.

icon13.gif

Nick - support wasn't that hot today and as you rightly called, it was probably at it's best just after we took the lead, and then equalised. I think many of us weren't expecting us to make a comeback. St James is a funny place, as with other PL grounds. Those who sing (myself inc) are in the minority.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

/o\

JSP is still great though icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was utterly abysmal today. wussed out of tackles on a disturbingly regular basis, misplaced passes like they were going out of fashion and missed two sitters. he should surely have been tracking edgar as well for the equaliser. i like him, but his limitations were there for all to see today - a pacier option like Lennon would have won us the game. Park seems to either be very good or just utterly utterly rubbish :/

Nick - support wasn't that hot today and as you rightly called, it was probably at it's best just after we took the lead, and then equalised. I think many of us weren't expecting us to make a comeback. St James is a funny place, as with other PL grounds. Those who sing (myself inc) are in the minority. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, i guess i was just expecting better (despite being told otherwise) from SJP for whatever reason. no worse than most home crowds around, but it's hard to see just why hacks so regularly cream themselves in print over newcastle's fans. 'toon ultras' indeed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

/o\

JSP is still great though icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was utterly abysmal today. wussed out of tackles on a disturbingly regular basis, misplaced passes like they were going out of fashion and missed two sitters. he should surely have been tracking edgar as well for the equaliser. i like him, but his limitations were there for all to see today - a pacier option like Lennon would have won us the game. Park seems to either be very good or just utterly utterly rubbish :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think today was the worst I've seen him play for us.

Most of the time I see him as a very useful player - for the exact opposite of how he was today really - constant chasing of the ball and tenacity, tidiness in possession, willing forward runner and ability to put defenders on the back foot with his dribbling.

We all know he's not the greatest finisher etc and today was plain bad, but he's still a great player to have in the squad.

And the pacier option was Ronaldo tbf.. and he didnt step up either today.

Ronnie did alright. clearly not as awesome as in other recent games, but he was still arguably our most dangerous forward. didn't help that newcastle clearly wanted to try and kick him out of the game, the crowd were getting on his back for having the temerity to be constantly fouled and the ref was offering nothing in the way of protection for him.

I thought Park, Giggs and Rooney all played worse than Fletcher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and you'd be completely correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First time you've ever agreed with anything i've said - you feel alright? :|

The Toon Ultras are younger teenage fans who have taken it upon themselves to try and get singing going at the ground. Normally they all band together in that area for cup and European games. In a way, it reminds me of when I used to go in the Gallowgate as a teenager, stand with the same lads every week and have a good shout and sing. Seems a long time ago now, and things have moved on so much since then. A bigger and better ground, but the atmosphere has been sacrificed.

and you'd be completely correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First time you've ever agreed with anything i've said - you feel alright? :| </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i am more than a little drunk. i'll check again in the morning.

Ronnie did alright. clearly not as awesome as in other recent games, but he was still arguably our most dangerous forward. didn't help that newcastle clearly wanted to try and kick him out of the game, the crowd were getting on his back for having the temerity to be constantly fouled and the ref was offering nothing in the way of protection for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup - clearly he was targeted by us for attention, but then again - some of the marking/tackling from your lot on the likes of Milner and Emre left a bit to be desired, IMO.

Ronaldo is a quality player - of that there is no doubt. We can hardly be expected to stand off and let him run the show ? For what it's worth, I thought Solano did well against him today, with Dyer tracking back to help out.

Archived