The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

hahaha moaning at a lack of colours? really? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, will get a link.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ali, any local branches near you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in between Hereford and Redditch in the arse end of nowhere. I hate living with my parents again icon_frown.gif

But yeah, I'll look into that too!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Right, match-going reds: I've decided that with my situation being as thoroughly mundane and lonely as it is I need football back in my life in a big way. One of my New Year's resolutions is therefore to sack off my principals and start going to Old Trafford again (cue inevitable criticism of either the original decision to boycott or me reneging on it). Anyway, just looking for a bit of advice re: tickets. One United members - what's your current success ratio of applications to actual tickets? With the new 'one year' season tickets taking up space, are there certain stands in teh ground where you're more / less likely to get tickets? Anyone ever go through touts on the match day, and if so, what prices are we looking at (away from your bigger games with Liverpool, Arsenal etc)? For that matter, what prices are we looking at in general under the Glazers? Does parking anywhere within a 5 mile radius of OT remain as much of a farce as it used to?

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm talking to you on MSN but you're ignoring me so no tickets for you icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Let’s have one of those stupidly inane hypothetical questions....

We WILL get beaten by Villa in one of the two games. Which would you prefer to loose? FA Cup or league game?

If you say the league, is that because you are a super optimistic BBB type and think those points can / will be made up or are you a Mika and think the PL is an impossible dream so we may as well focus on something that’s actually winnable? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had this convur Saturday at my place, have you got hidden cameras icon_frown.gif

cup game, easeh.

there is actually a Hereford branch Ali if that's any good for you. pick up points at Hereford (Bulmers car park), Ledbury, Malvern Link (BP station) and Worcester (Manor Farm). got the phone numbers here if you want them

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Here Jonny

You going Sunday and bringing my £60 too??

Mart sort the role all out for Sunday so i know how many tinnies to bring </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I am coming & yeah yo uwill have your cash. This is me ffs icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

there is actually a Hereford branch Ali if that's any good for you. pick up points at Hereford (Bulmers car park), Ledbury, Malvern Link (BP station) and Worcester (Manor Farm). got the phone numbers here if you want them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I worded my post badly. I meant that I'm in between the Hereford and Redditch branches. The 'arse end of nowhere' comment was a nice aside icon_smile.gif

And mart, you're a legend icon14.gif

anytime fella, always good to have one more to the wall.

anyway, sunday, yes Sunday and not Saturday roll call

myself

Bagpuss

NickOGS20?

James07?

Coldberg

Acou2000

Razor Eddie

Rcjuk

hope I've not forgotten anyone icon_smile.gif

oh and quick question

if 2 of us were off to an away game and I had paid for the tickets and said "call it 30 for the coach and we're even" what would you interprit it meant? Bear in mind I paid for the tickets.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and quick question

if 2 of us were off to an away game and I had paid for the tickets and said "call it 30 for the coach and we're even" what would you interprit it meant? Bear in mind I paid for the tickets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To me that implies you don't want any money for the ticket & only want £30 for the coach.

Unless the coach was actually something like £32 each & you meant you are happy to write the extra £2 off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

fwiw

I had about a fiver, Nick was supposed to pay for both coach fares, luckily we JUST had enough between us icon_biggrin.gif

I got angry icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you were in the wrong by not explaining yourself then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

He will never pay you back iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plan is for him to run the London Marathon and then drop dead

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

hmm, death incentives ftl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol

my first aim is beating Rob, then breaking 4:30 and finally 4 hours

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

you're running it 3 times? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no they are my 3 aims

i am hpowever running the white peaks marathon in matlock on may 19th and then the windermere marathon the day after on the 20th may

UNITED

Reading H - 3 3

Newcastle A - 3 1

Villa H - 3

Arsenal A - 0

Watford H - 3

Spurs A - 3

Charlton H - 3

Fulham A - 3

Liverpool A - 0

Bolton H - 3

Blackburn H - 3

Portsmouth A - 1

Sheffield Utd H - 3

Chelsea A - 0

Boro H - 3

Everton A - 3

City A - 3

West Ham H - 3

Total 43 (50) - 93 91

CHELSEA

Fulham H - 3 1

Villa A - 3 1

Wigan H - 3

Liverpool A - 1

Blackburn H - 3

Charlton A - 3

Boro H - 3

Man City A - 3

Portsmouth A - 3

Shef U H - 3

Watford A - 3

Spurs H - 3

West Ham A - 3

Man Utd H - 3

Newcastle A - 3

Bolton H - 1

Arsenal A - 0

Everton H - 3

Total 47 (46) - 93 89

Erm, so yeah, I've now got us winning the league by 2 points icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">United complete Mascherano swoop

Manchester United have sensationally completed the signing of Javier Mascherano from Corinthians on a four-year contract overnight.

The Argentinian world cup midfielder flew to Manchester on Monday for secret talks and a medical before returning to the national team camp in London last night.

Mascherano said: 'I am delighted to have joined United, one of the biggest clubs in the world.'

The signing is a major coup for United after losing out in the chase for England international Owen Hargreaves.

Ferguson and United chief executive David Gill beat off interest from a number of English clubs, including Arsenal and Chelsea.

Mascherano added: 'When I was made aware of United's interest, naturally I was very keen to talk to the club and now having spoken to the manager, the chief executive and other people at the club I am very excited about this move.

'I am eager now to get going and do all I can for United. I look forward to meeting up with my new team-mates next week.'

'I spoke at length with Henize and Veron, players who have had the opportunity play with United and they have nothing but great things to say about the club.

'I am aware of United's magnificent support and I will be doing all I can to bring as much success as possible to the club for the fans to enjoy.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's your "funny" wum going to be this transfer window?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">United complete Mascherano swoop

Manchester United have sensationally completed the signing of Javier Mascherano from Corinthians on a four-year contract overnight.

The Argentinian world cup midfielder flew to Manchester on Monday for secret talks and a medical before returning to the national team camp in London last night.

Mascherano said: 'I am delighted to have joined United, one of the biggest clubs in the world.'

The signing is a major coup for United after losing out in the chase for England international Owen Hargreaves.

Ferguson and United chief executive David Gill beat off interest from a number of English clubs, including Arsenal and Chelsea.

Mascherano added: 'When I was made aware of United's interest, naturally I was very keen to talk to the club and now having spoken to the manager, the chief executive and other people at the club I am very excited about this move.

'I am eager now to get going and do all I can for United. I look forward to meeting up with my new team-mates next week.'

'I spoke at length with Henize and Veron, players who have had the opportunity play with United and they have nothing but great things to say about the club.

'I am aware of United's magnificent support and I will be doing all I can to bring as much success as possible to the club for the fans to enjoy.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's your "funny" wum going to be this transfer window? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Archived