The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> LOSC Lille v Manchester United

Tuesday 20 February, kick off 20:45 (C.E.T)

The match will be played at the Stade Felix-Bollaert in Lens on Tuesday 20 February, kick off 20:45 (CET).

Ticket allocation and prices are yet to be confirmed however the following selling arrangements apply:

EXEC MEMBERS / SEASON TICKET HOLDERS AND ONE UNITED MEMBERS

Supporters who wish to register an application for this game can telephone 0870 442 1999 from 9am on Monday 15 January through to 5pm on Friday 19 January. All payments must be made by either debit / credit card and if successful an administration fee of 3% per transaction is charged.

As priority will be given to supporters who have who purchased a ticket and travelled to Lisbon, Copenhagen and Glasgow, we would ask these supporters to apply via the loyalty pot option and all other supporters to apply via the standard pot.

If oversubscribed, a ballot will take place to determine the successful applicants, with priority given to supporters who purchased a ticket and travelled to the 3 previous European away games working down in descending order until all tickets have been sold. Supporters are requested to telephone 0870 442 1999 from Friday 26 January to establish if their application has been successful, thereafter successful applicants will be required to complete a travel report which will be made available on the clubs official website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

Giggs, Ronnie, Richardson, Park, Rooney, Solskjaer. All people who can play on the wing. Don't need another player like that.

You need a Centre Midfielder and possibly a forward, Larsson leaves as the title race hots up, Saha cripples himself again and you're in big trouble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We do need a winger. Perhaps not a priority this window, but beyond the first choice of Ronaldo (most kicked player in the Prem) and Giggs (nearly eligible for a bus pass), we have the inconsistent Park, the rubbish (and hopefully soon to depart) Richardson, and the other two you name are forwards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

As long as it goes back into the club like you say, wasn't trying to **** stir. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah right icon_biggrin.gif

something that someone somewhere might find somewhat interesting. or not:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">LONDON (AFX) - Martin George, who resigned as commercial director of British Airways PLC last year over price-fixing allegations, is in talks to join Manchester United football club in the same role, The Independent reported, without citing sources.

George is understood to have been in negotiations with the Premiership club since before Christmas, but has not yet been offered the job or decided whether to accept it, the newspaper added.

Manchester United is the biggest football club in the world and has more than 50 mln supporters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apparently this guy got lots of the credit for turning BA around, but also has a bit of a reputation as being very big on cutting costs. no wonder the Glazers seem to want him on board...

from the MEN:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But the United manager appears to have no regrets over the failure of three of his four South American signings to make their mark at Old Trafford.

Argentinian defender Gabriel Heinze has been a success, but midfielders Seba Veron and Kleberson, and striker Diego Forlan never hit the heights after pulling on the Red shirt.

But Ferguson says he still holds Forlan, now doing well at Villarreal, in high regard.

"I told him we were selling him too cheaply when we let him go. Two great feet, great movement, an intelligent boy with plenty of languages.

"It was just a shame for him we were playing one up front back then and he couldn't really get it going with Ruud van Nistelrooy. He got disillusioned in the end.

"With Veron you just can't deny or dismiss his talent, but at every single club he played for, they ended up playing him wide right. He's such a free spirit that you end up losing your shape with him in the middle, but he'd still run all day long.

"Kleberson just did not have the personality to be a United player - he never opened his mouth. It wasn't his physique that was the problem. Again, he had good ability and again he could run all day. Too quiet." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie clearly a big fan of people who'll run all day long. expect a bid for Paula Radcliffe any day now

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I feel sorry for the groundsman then, having to clear up the **** off the pitch every week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have **** on the pitch every week Richardson plays for us tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Thats ******** about Veron eventually being deployed on the right-side at every club he's played for.

I can't speak for his time in <STRIKE>Italy</STRIKE> ARGENTINA but it most definitely wasn't the case at Samp, Parma or Lazio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Veron to Rvn in the pre season before he was sold possibly the best pass ive ever seen in my life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cantona sand wedge to Irwin vs Spurs > *

nah, i'd still take the Veron one I think, amazy as Le Roi's one was.

for all that Seba is probably justifiably labelled as a flop for us, there are several awesome moments from him that still instantly come to mind, usually passes - one with the outside of his foot for Ole to score against Depor in the 2002 quarter final home leg is a favourite of mine, and a cross-field one to the back-post for Ruud to expertly finish in Leverkusen the season after icon_cool.gif

might dig out one of those two season reviews actually :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

So do I actually get to speak to a person if I ring up & apply for Lille away?

Or do I get the usual 10 minutes of machines before getting cut off? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're in the loyalty pot, I think you'll speak to a person.

Standard pot - probably a machine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I’ve got some very very very good news chaps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Social services aren't taking mini07? off you for underage drinking?

Seba's pass to Forlan in the last minute against Chelsea was something special. The game was heading for a 1-1 draw and we needed a win to have a chance of the title. That game is usually forgotten among the games in that 02-03 season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

cheesecake? \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oxford bring in Man Utd teenager

Oxford United have signed Manchester United midfielder Danny Rose on loan, reports BBC Radio Oxford.

The 19-year-old has been recommended to Oxford boss Jim Smith by Sir Alex Ferguson and moves initially for a month, but that could be extended.

Rose said: "I'm definitely excited because it's my first loan move.

"I'm looking to gain as much experience as I can in the lower leagues, and looking forward to working with Jim Smith and the rest of the players." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

another one off the wage bill for a few weeks, wp malc

not a player who's ever going to make it with us, useful experience for him in terms of forging a career in the lower leagues though, especially as (unlike most of our loanees) he's going into a side that are playing well and pushing for promotion.

If it’s a straight choice between him or Hargreaves I’d go with the curly Canadian. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ich auch, mein Herr. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

I'd rather sign Ribery than no midfielder at all. He may not be top choice, but he could certainly assist us.

Besides, Giggs can play CM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not made the switch to FM yet ??

That was over two hours ago and I believe we're still waiting ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

I'd rather sign Ribery than no midfielder at all. He may not be top choice, but he could certainly assist us.

Besides, Giggs can play CM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not made the switch to FM yet ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Veron to Rvn in the pre season before he was sold possibly the best pass ive ever seen in my life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cantona sand wedge to Irwin vs Spurs > * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wmgs - 'This man is playing a game of his own'

For some reason, a pass Nicky Butt made in the 02 WC against Argentina sticks in my mind as well. It was about 40 yards and hit on the half volley.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Cantona sand wedge to Irwin vs Spurs > * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wmgs - 'This man is playing a game of his own'

For some reason, a pass Nicky Butt made in the 02 WC against Argentina sticks in my mind as well. It was about 40 yards and hit on the half volley. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember that too icon_biggrin.gif

I think it's because it really was brilliant and from that moment on for the rest of the WC everyone was creaming over Butt's passing vision and ability.

Then he turned crap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Have you got Spurs Nick/BBB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, mart neglected to apply

but still, cheesecake \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Have you got Spurs Nick/BBB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I ****ing didn't apply.

got a spare? icon_frown.gif

We might actually \o/ because we apply for three, but the 3rd person (friend) is going on holiday. But my Dad will probably sell it on to someone he knows though.

And you were calling me for not applying for the games down south, tut tut tut. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I invited you to the wall, aw man ask your dad for us dude icon_frown.gif

Archived