The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

ahaha the stretching, forgot about that icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was when i said someone needs to sneak up behind him and kick him up the arse

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

ahaha the stretching, forgot about that icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was when i said someone needs to sneak up behind him and kick him up the arse </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if you click that last one i think you can do previous/next and see all the ones i've uploaded. nothing particularly exciting there though, and be warned, there may be images you may find distrurbing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't see no next/previous button icon_frown.gif

I thought our overall play was pretty good. Our link-up play was superb for the most part. I did feel we took the game for granted a bit (which we've done a few times this season). Trying flicks and fancy passes. Now this is fine at 2/3-0. I like to see them. But not at 0-0 or 1-0. If we got an early goal Larsson and co. could have had a field day.

Carrick played very well. Kept the ball really well. Evra was superb though. He was almost playing as an attacking midfielder for the last 20 or so minutes. icon_biggrin.gif

MotM: Paddy

Runner-up: Larsson

okay, tiny bulletpoint thoughts with no real relevance to anything (as always)

larsson ifb

ole ifb

larsson ifb

kiraly's pants afb

not going to a replay ifb

forgetting that kuszczak was playing and wondering why eddie's face was so puffed up wfb

resting rooney wbfb

larsson ifb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richie J:

nick, you're linking directly to the pics instead of to the album, if that helps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, i didn't think you could link to the album though? meh, who knows. far too late and drunk to care

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Evra praises veteran duo

Patrice Evra was full of praise for United's veteran goalscorers after the Reds' dramatic FA Cup victory over Aston Villa.

Debutant Henrik Larsson opened the scoring before Ole Gunnar Solskjaer negated Milan Baros' equaliser with an injury time winner at Old Trafford.

That drama, Evra told MUTV, was typical of the FA Cup and indeed of supersub Solskjaer, with both possessing a penchant for late drama.

"This game today represents the FA Cup," he said. "You score in the last minute - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer always! - it was a good atmosphere and everything was beautiful.

"You always have a chance. Until the referee says the game is finished, you have a chance. With Ole Gunnar Solskjaer you always have a chance to score.

"Everybody is happy because it was a hard game, it was not an easy game. We played well, conceded one goal but 2-1 was a good result."

Although Evra gave an outstanding performance, he was rivalled by Larsson for the man of the match award - and the defender was full of praise for the Swedish striker.

"He's unbelievable," he said. "Everyone will tell you that Henrik Larsson first is a good man. He wants to work hard, to help the team with his experience and quality.

"You saw today he created problems, and I'm very happy to play with him. It's good for the rest of the season. He's very good. We have a lot of very good players here."

Although United are firmly in the hunt for the Premiership title and in the last 16 of the Champions League, Evra insists he considers the FA Cup an important target this term.

"I want to win this trophy," he said. "In France you have the Coup de France, which is the same as the FA Cup.

"I have won the Carling Cup, but I think the FA Cup is more important, more popular and every team in England plays in this competition. I hope to win this trophy, for me it's very important." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paddy knows his stuff :*)

I cant see Fergie resting Rooney anytime soon. For some reason Wayne is a player Fergie has no problems with playing every game in a season but everyone else needs a rest.

I know goals arent everything but it is a bit of a worry that he has only found the net in 4 or the 27 or so games he has played this season.

2 vs Fulham (W 5-1)

3 vs Bolton (W 4-0)

2 vs Sheff Utd (W 2-1)

1 vs Man City (W 3-1)

And his overall play is as poor as its been since he joined us. Yes he runs and he gets stuck in but lately his passing has been way off and he seems to be having a spell where more often then not he picks the wrong option.

The kid just needs some time off and i dont see why Fergie cant see this. Saha has a good chance of being back for our next game so hopefully we rest him then.

One thing I really noticed yesterday is even Rooney's first touch, normally immaculate is deserting him sometimes. There were times when a poor touch allowed him to be dispossessed when he had enough time and space to control the ball and pass it to a team mate.

Would love to see Larsson in the Rooney role and Ole up front on Saturday. Rooney could always come off the bench if needed, like against Villa in the last league match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

The kid just needs some time off and i dont see why Fergie cant see this. Saha has a good chance of being back for our next game so hopefully we rest him then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess up to now he simply hasn't had anyone to replace him, hopefully now with Larsson/Ole/Rossi being available things will change.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Does anyone know the status of Rossi? His loan was supposed to end of the 31st of December but since then i havent heard a thing about him. He doesnt even get included with the first team squad which is a bit strange considering he was in them all before his loan move. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obsessed icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Rossi can play his part

Sir Alex Ferguson believes the returning Giuseppe Rossi could play an important part in United's title bid over the coming months.

The 19-year-old striker has recently returned to Old Trafford having completed a four month loan spell at Newcastle.

There was speculation that Rossi could make a swift return to the North East to link up with former United skipper Roy Keane at Sunderland, but Sir Alex insists the Italian U21 international is staying put.

"I don't see why we should let anyone go who is going to be useful to us," declared the Reds' boss.

"The run-in could be full of all sorts of pitfalls. We want to be prepared for it and we want to be able to handle it all, so it is good to get Giuseppe back.

"He has great talent, which is why we let him go to Newcastle," added Sir Alex. "And even though he did not have a lot of games, he still comes back to us with a bit more experience and a bit of quality." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was the last I heard a week ago I guess. Have any of the other loanees been in squads?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Does anyone know the status of Rossi? His loan was supposed to end of the 31st of December but since then i havent heard a thing about him. He doesnt even get included with the first team squad which is a bit strange considering he was in them all before his loan move. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obsessed icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I think I've already done my 'obsessed with a short new yorker' gag too icon_frown.gif

Giggs-Ole-Ruud-Scholes

My top four in terms of actual influence on the team, skill, and general awesomeness. Could give a convincing argument to justify any of them as being my favourite really.

Then there's the cult list with the likes of Silvestre and Berg who are favourites in a different way :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BARDSLEY MUST WAIT FOR DEBUT

Manchester United defender Phil Bardsley will have to wait almost a fortnight to make his Aston Villa debut even if his anticipated loan move is completed in the next couple of days.

Bardsley, who spent the first half of the campaign on loan to Rangers, would not be able to face the Red Devils in next Saturday's Barclays Premiership encounter at Old Trafford.

His first appearance for Villa would probably be in the home Barclays Premiership match against strugglers Watford on January 20.

O'Neill, whose side were beaten 2-1 by United in the FA Cup third round on Sunday, said: "I spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson a few days ago about Bardsley, and he wouldn't mind at all.

"But like anything else, until things are signed I won't take it for granted.

"I hope he will join us this week - although obviously he can't play against Manchester United next weekend." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mon him doing better than Spector did when he was loaned out.

Archived